RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:38:35 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Official 2018 NOT-So-Secret Santa thread! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Official 2018 NOT-So-Secret Santa thread!  (Read 15232 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2018, 08:35:55 AM »

So sorry to hear about your recent mobility issues.  Hang in there man!

Also, wallpaper still sucks!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 08:38:50 AM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2018, 11:50:32 AM »

UPDATE 11/16: The 2018 NSSS blog has posted! Check it out at...

http://www.rfgeneration.c...-Santa-Give-Away-3827.php
RobotWillie
Don't You Know Blackmail is Way Uncool
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2018, 12:37:48 AM »

My aunt had a party a few years ago where you opened a random gift and you had one chance to swap it with someone elses. Of course most of it was jokes things like a whole Twilight movie collection and a shirt when no one was a little girl. I got like the only non joke thing and the one guy felt bad about the giant foam hand thing I got he traded me back my bluray movie (Empire Strikes Back) and I went home with the gift I brought.

But that would be an idea for this sometime is the Random Secret Santa. Someone picks the random number and they get the item linked to said number. Yes you would have people getting something they may not even want thats the problem with it. Still sounds fun. In our case it would still be all video game related of course. And not stray into goofy stuff not being mean spirited. Such as giving away Barbie for NES or Mary Kate and Ashley for Game Boy.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2018, 04:40:48 AM »

Hey now...

I just gotta make sure the friggin' thing actually posts when I want it to.
Whoops again! Tongue

I had a PM exchange with one of the admins about this little problem. Apparently, the programmed-release time is set to U.S. East Coast time, which is 3 hours ahead of the Pac Coast. Gotta take note of that for next year's NSSS...

My aunt had a party a few years ago where you opened a random gift and you had one chance to swap it with someone elses. Of course most of it was jokes things like a whole Twilight movie collection and a shirt when no one was a little girl. I got like the only non joke thing and the one guy felt bad about the giant foam hand thing I got he traded me back my bluray movie (Empire Strikes Back) and I went home with the gift I brought.

But that would be an idea for this sometime is the Random Secret Santa. Someone picks the random number and they get the item linked to said number. Yes you would have people getting something they may not even want thats the problem with it. Still sounds fun. In our case it would still be all video game related of course. And not stray into goofy stuff not being mean spirited. Such as giving away Barbie for NES or Mary Kate and Ashley for Game Boy.

This whole Random-Secret-Santa deal is a bit too complicated for my inadequate cognitive capabilities. I prefer to keep it simple, myself-- hence the Not-So-Secret-Santa give-away. I offer a few items I wanna get out of the house, people claim them, I mail 'em off to the claimants, and that's pretty much all she wrote.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2018, 03:30:57 PM »

Hey now, everybody. Just letting you all know that I'm building up the funds to pay the shipping on your claims. Expect them to start shipping out some time next week.

Thank you all for your patience in this!

- 'Scuse.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2018, 03:20:20 PM »

Hey now!

I've mailed out several of this year's NSSS claims, and should have the rest of them out by the end  of the week. Thank you for your patience, and have yourselves a Happy New Year!

...'Scuse.
RobotWillie
Don't You Know Blackmail is Way Uncool
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2019, 08:55:43 PM »

I got mine today, thanks!

I have a Vault Boy hat I might see if I could stick it on. So it opened up a potential arts and crafts project.

leej07
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2019, 01:30:02 PM »

Hey Zag, you PMed me awhile back about sending a package my way related to this. Just curious if you sent it yet or not. Thanks!

Have you played Atari today?

Sega does what Nintendon't.

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" - Smash T.V.

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2019, 04:43:13 PM »

Sorry I didn't reply. I did get mine a while back. Thanks!

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2019, 02:39:51 PM »

Hello once again,

I have shipped out all but two of the 2018 NSSS claims; my most profuse apologies for the long delays.

= Z
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length