RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 21, 2019, 05:42:44 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | March 2019 Playthrough - Dragon Warrior / Dragon Quest 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: March 2019 Playthrough - Dragon Warrior / Dragon Quest  (Read 247 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: February 06, 2019, 01:12:10 PM »

Here's a funny video that has a walkthrough of the whole game.

On our last show I made an uninformed case against the GBC version. Here, Derek Alexander makes a strong case that it is actually the preferable version:

If playing the NES, may I suggest using a controller with turbo on it? I'm using my favorite NES controller, the NES MAX, and it is making the trash mob grind a whole lot more tolerable.

Participants
grayghost81
singlebanana
addicted
duke.togo
douglie007
disposed hero

Checkpoints and Recommended Level*
Week 1 - Key Shopping in Rimuldar - Level 9

*Recommended Levels courtesy of the Explorer's Handbook.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 10:35:57 AM by GrayGhost81 » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, Dink Grinder, co-host of the RFGen Retro Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Licensed NES set: complete!, 12 games remaining for SMS set, 12 for 7800, and 25 for 5200.
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 01:35:46 PM »

ah yeah, Dragon Warrior!

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 11:20:30 PM »

I ordered a copy of the Super Famicom version to try a new flavor as I have beat the NES version many times.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 12:07:55 PM »

I ordered a copy of the Super Famicom version to try a new flavor as I have beat the NES version many times.

Sounds awesome!  Can't wait to hear your thoughts. Thought about trying a handheld version. Any of them worth playing?

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, Dink Grinder, co-host of the RFGen Retro Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Licensed NES set: complete!, 12 games remaining for SMS set, 12 for 7800, and 25 for 5200.
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 12:22:41 PM »

I've leveled up a character to level 13 on the NES on original hardware for the playthrough but I really wanna mess around with the Super Famicom version and the handheld versions.

Japan got a pretty sick collection for the Wii too. I'm an amateur pirate at best, but I cannot for the life of me find the iso for it on the web. 

douglie007
Sega Saturn
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 02:21:57 PM »

I'm in... if I only I can finish 3

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 06:26:11 PM »

Sounds awesome!  Can't wait to hear your thoughts. Thought about trying a handheld version. Any of them worth playing?

I have the Game Boy Color version, but I've never put time into it. I may pop it in for a bit just for a comparison.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2019, 07:51:36 PM »

I've been getting into the Dragon Quest series over the last couple of years, so it will be nice to experience the series' roots. I'm going to play the NES original.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length