RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:08:44 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Episode #62 - RF Generation Playcast (Detroit: Become Human) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Episode #62 - RF Generation Playcast (Detroit: Become Human)  (Read 6269 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: June 09, 2019, 01:22:47 AM »

COMING SOON!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 08:35:19 AM »

Can't wait to see Judas Priest in a few days! Great track to start the podcast off with!

Love Ex Machina, and totally agree it fits in well with the Detroit discussion. One of my favorite modern sci-fi movies for sure.

Adventures of Star Saver was one of the 3 Game Boy titles I owned as a kid. It's a bland, and very easy sidescroller, but it has a great few great music tracks in it that I used to listen to all the time.

My son loves Splatoon, it's one of his favorite series now. I'd definitely get it for your son to try Rich.

Still gotta dig into the game conversation later. Really great hearing you guys meet up for the first time!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 11:02:59 AM »

@crabmaster2000 - Yeah, I cannot wait to hear your thoughts on the Priest show in your area.  I got a tour shirt, saw Prince George listed, and cracked a smile.

I actually played The Adventures of Star Saver on the plane flying back from Austin and will discuss it in more detail on the show.  I really enjoyed what I played of it and it's a neat little platformer. I wouldn't necessarily call it "bland," as I find it pretty graphically impressive and fun for an original Gameboy title as compared to most games. Yes, the soundtrack is great!

My son's birthday is Friday and yes, I picked up a new copy of Splatoon for $20 on Amazon.  Also got him Pokken Tournament, since he made me take him to the back of Target to play it every time we went in there after it came out. Really hope that he likes the WiiU and isn't too disappointed it's not a Switch (he loves Fortnite...), since it's really his first console.

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the show so far. I have to say that I was a little nervous because we kind of winged the show and didn't have much of an outline. That's just my personality. However, Shawn and I seemed to naturally guide the game conversation along smoothly and I think it came out very well.  Check in again after you are done.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 05:13:39 PM »

Enjoyed the show, as always. Now I can't wait for FRIDAY, FRIDAY...

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 08:18:16 PM »

Enjoyed the show, as always. Now I can't wait for FRIDAY, FRIDAY...

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 07:35:07 AM »

I had never heard that song before until selecting the music for this show

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 08:03:21 AM »

I was also very surprised when I first played Detroit and saw the flowchart and the ability to replay levels. I havn't followed any David Cage stuff so I didn't realize that he had made comments about not replaying parts of his game like you guys had mentioned. I came to that conclusion on my own after muddying my playthrough of Heavy Rain by going for the Platinum trophy. I felt that really hurt my experience as it blurred together a lot of story elements in my head. Since then every narrative driven game I've played I go through it once and let that experience sink in before I even think about playing it again. When you first go to the flowchart in Detroit Chloe even tells you that she recommends you dont bother with that part of the game until you've already finished each characters story at least once. Even though you had Connor die in the first missions Shawn you should have continued. It was really surprising and cool when that happened to us during my wife's play.

I 100% agree with you guys that the casual mode is very suited to a game like this that is so heavily narrative driven. You were right Rich that I wish I had that mode on for my wife's play especially at Zlatko's house.

You guys have a point that how Markus turns people deviant is never really explained. I guess I thought of it as an evolution of the Androids in that he's somehow taught himself this new ability and refines it as the story goes along to the point he is basically Neo when the peaceful march starts and he can just start freeing Androids from across the street without the need to physically interact with them like he used to have to do.

My ranks for the Quantic Dreams games would be: Detroit > Heavy Rain > Indigo Prophecy > Beyond:  Two Souls. And like Rich said I still love Beyond, just thought it was the weakest both in terms of setting and the decisions.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 12:02:18 PM »

Fun episode, it's so exciting you two finally got to meet!

Bastion is one of my favorite games ever, I love the narrator. He's in all of the games from that developer, I think. I can't imagine playing it on mute since the music is so good.

I'm also not a fan of parts of games being gated behind having to collect a certain amount of things. I quite enjoyed ReCore until I got to the final dungeon and was told I couldn't enter because I didn't have enough cores. I went out and collected them, continued on and then it happened again when I tried to go to the next level of the dungeon. What an awful design choice which ruined an otherwise fun game. I just quit at that point.

As for Detroit... I agree the 'Alice is an android' reveal was confusing and not particularly effective. First, I thought it was fairly telegraphed, Luther was always trying to tell Kara 'something' and she always brushed him off. Plus Alice had weird dead fish eyes and was very creepy and devoid of personality. I didn't understand what they were trying to convey with the reveal though. Would a deviant android find another android's life less worthy than a human one? I dunno.

GrayGhost, your ending sounds awful. Poor Hank Sad

Jesse Williams is an actor, not a model. He was in Cabin in the Woods, 10 seasons of Greys Anatomy, and a bunch of other stuff. I didn't think he did a great job in this though.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 12:35:54 PM by Pam » Logged
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2019, 08:11:53 PM »

Pam! Thanks for listening and for sharing feedback. ReCore is a game I wish I enjoyed more when I tried it. Glad I didn't get all the way to the final dungeon only to realize I didn't have enough doodads to get in!

I get why a lot of people love Bastion. Maybe because I played it on the Vita with headphones the narration was too much?

Jesse Williams is an actor, not a model.

Looks like we have our first correction for the next episode. I'm honestly not sure what made me come up with this...I could've sworn I looked him up.  Huh Huh Huh

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2019, 08:12:43 AM »

Also @GrayGhost81 I'm surprised you weren't more familiar with Uriah Heep. They are kind of like Deep Purple had a baby with Bob Dylan. A lot of the stuff they are known for is far more on the Deep Purple end of the spectrum, but I think you'd like an album like Salisbury (1970) as that one leans super heavy into the folky side of the band.

Also ReCore rules! It's become the sole reason I own an Xbox one since all the other stuff I wanted either turned out to be lame or get cancelled by Microsoft. I really like gating games off behind collectibles for the most part. It gets me to spend more time in areas that I may have breezed through or try challenges that I passed up so that I get better at the game. When I had my game store it was occasionally a pain in the ass when I wanted to run a tournament or something and had to either find a copy of a game that had everything unlocked/borrow a memory card I could copy/or grind out all the unlockables the week prior to the event. I get why it's not appealing for you guys though. I swear this isn't sarcasm. I really like when games tell me what to do and where to go. I get paralyzed by too much choice and just super bored in a lot of modern games that present me with too many options. It's comforting to know I have to hit a certain amount of points/collectibles in an area to progress.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length