RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:50:52 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Would this qualify as a variation? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Would this qualify as a variation?  (Read 2682 times)
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« on: August 30, 2019, 10:50:34 AM »

Please check the post here:

http://www.rfgeneration.c...15918.msg267503#msg267503

Would this qualify as a variation?  I thought about just adding a note about it in the game trivia section of the current entry but also thought that it could possibly qualify as an actual variation.  Thoughts?

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 10:56:27 AM »

I was just writing...

"I would say no, because the only difference from a standard release is someone's wrote on it with a pen."

But then I thought why not. A normal signed copy I would say no to. But I guess in this case they went to that trouble of defining an exact 200 and doing it uniquely through a website. So yes I think it should be a variant
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 08:57:52 PM »

I've had a signed copy of this since it came out, and I never thought of it as a variant. My opinion would be no.

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2019, 01:52:29 AM »

I'm voting yes because it was specifically sold as a Special Edition through retail. It's (literally) a rare case but I'd approve of it. Mind you, there's some special edition consoles currently tracked that are just coated with a paint design/art.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 01:55:17 AM by Fleabitten » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length