RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:08:42 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Difference between Publisher and Distributor 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Difference between Publisher and Distributor  (Read 7192 times)
sharp
DB Contributor
Netherlands

Stats
« on: May 28, 2020, 01:05:04 PM »

I notice there are quite some entries where distributor and publisher are mixed.

The difference is sometime hard to tell, maybe it will be good to have clearer guidelines for usage of the publisher field.

toze3
DB Reviewer
Portugal

Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 06:14:59 PM »

you are right, and there are a few that are my fault, in sega games released in Portugal. At first I used the portuguese distributor was publisher, but now I understand is not the correct, so I'm in a changing process of this. And will only add as the portuguese distributor the packs or repacks of specific portuguese material/games.
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 02:43:48 AM »

We don’t have a field for distributor unfortunately, so sometimes where notable it’s included with the publisher.

Normally in the form of Publisher / Distributor

Most of the time there’s no interesting distributor to add but it’s always worth marking those distributed by the likes of GiG or Ecofilmes.

The bonus of keeping that in the publisher field is it can that be searched for
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length