RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:28:44 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Tragic News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: Tragic News  (Read 25929 times)
Joker_T
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2006, 04:57:15 PM »

I haven't been a member for long at all, but I heard about this on the Digial Press forums.

All I can say is thank you for helping to create an amazing site.
InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2006, 07:46:23 PM »

Like Joker_T, I haven't been around here much. But just spending time on this site and in this community makes it clearly evident of what Mike was about, his passion for video games, and his passion for gamers. It saddens me to think that a life like his was cut so tragically short, but I'm grateful he was here long enough to create this place and to make so many people happy. He will always be missed and never forgotten.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2006, 10:51:57 PM »

Thanks guys. Mike truley was a great person.

Jesujanine
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2006, 07:30:36 PM »

Hello to everybody, I know this is kinda late but here I am. This is a friend of Michael and it's my first time as a member of this website. I wish I have joined before (way back when he introduced it to me ) I know how much he loved this project and  I am glad that everybody is contributing on it's growing I am sure he is really happy knowing that you all care about his "baby"
Anyways, for me Mike was like my brother and my best friend since the time that I met him (in Peru) I barely  knew words in English and he was always trying to speak Spanish and eventually we learned many ways to comunicate until I learned English and of course he was always trying Spanish.  
When I got to cinci, besides my parents, he was the only person who will care about things that were related to Peru and  always share everything with me. Sometimes I think he knew more than I did about my country, but that was because he was Mike, he was open to the life of other cultures and to the life of other people.
I am so grateful for knowing him and his family and I want to thank to everybody for your prayers, you are also in mine.
I also want to say thank you to the Collins and other people involved on doing the sale of the games to support the orphanage in  Peru; I was once one of those kids up there, and if they knew about your donation and support and the effort to make this happen they would also say, "Muchas gracias" for your support. Even though that I don't know everybody here I will keep you in my prayers.
Mike will be always in our hearts and also in the memories of the many little kids, teenagers, and adults that he encountered in Peru.

Mariana
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2007, 12:27:59 AM »

It's really nice to see a memorial now started on this site. It'll also be nice to see that picture in Tynstar's sig go back up in the top right for the remainder of the month if possible I think.

I originally joined this site before the tragic event but never used the forum until much later on so unfortunately never got a chance to know Michael, but can tell by everyone's  kind words it truly was my lose.

My thoughts go out to all of his friends and family at this time, as it's always hardest when the anniversary of tragic events like this happen  we are hit by the reality of it all and thrown into disbelief that it's already been a whole year. But like many have said, while he may physically no longer be with us, he dose live on, in each and every one of your hearts.

St0rmTK421
The Black Perl
Director

Stats
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2007, 03:35:27 PM »

Hey Mariana, nice to finally see you on the site. 

That was a nice post you made.  I know a lot of us feel the same way.

Don't be a stranger, even if you're not into video games a lot of people here knew Mike pretty well.  He started a pretty good community here at RFGen and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Eddie

Edit: I just found out your post was last May, sorry I missed it back then, the thread got burried and I didn't see it until now.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 04:54:31 PM by St0rmTK421 » Logged

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
We will always keep it on channel 3!
thx1138
3DO

Stats
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2008, 09:20:46 AM »

Just want to post, I still think of Nep from time to time. I liked him.

10 PRINT "THX is still skill"
20 GOTO 10
30 REM 24th Sept 2017 ;-)

RUN
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2008, 09:30:18 AM »

Ever once in a while, I come acrossed this thread. And I read the whole thing. It makes me wish that I had had the chance to join early, before... Well... Ya know... I get all choked up just thinking about losing my grandma, let alone one of my best friends. You guys are doing a great job at keeping Mike's dream alive. Don't ever stop.

Tell me about your variants...
thx1138
3DO

Stats
« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2008, 10:49:56 AM »

I remeber him as this cool retro fan with assorted flower pots on his head. On account of his avatar, which I didn't recognise or get at the time.

10 PRINT "THX is still skill"
20 GOTO 10
30 REM 24th Sept 2017 ;-)

RUN
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2008, 12:33:03 PM »

His avatar was actually of Devo singer Mark Mothersbaugh. That said, thanks for the kind words about Mike. We miss him a lot.

Hello World.
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2008, 08:08:46 PM »

Whenever I see Devo I am instantly reminded of Michael.
I'm sure he would be proud to see how much his baby has grown.

RIP Nep

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2008, 04:12:15 AM »

I think about Mike frequently. Especially when I think about my wedding. The last time I talked to him I had to cut him short because we'd arrived at the store to pick out our wedding rings. Knowing that I very well may have been the last person he talked to really sucks. Maybe if I'd stayed on the phone I could have said something. Instead I didn't say fuck-all. Just call you later and see ya. I'm well aware that I shouldn't feel guilty but I always will. That's something that crosses my mind every time I visit the site.

I remember the last time Mike came to visit well. That was good times. I even hooked him up with my Super Mario Bros. sheets. I never even slept on those myself. He was worthy though  Grin I still feel like a jackass about going out to dinner though. I'd forgotten for a minute he was a year too young to get into certain establishments without proper ID. Tried to take him to a joint called Fat Heads. They have really awesome food. I felt like a total shit about that. It was easy to forget how young he was. He was beyond his years for sure.  The one thing I was never able to do is delete his save files off my PSP. I still have them. Still have him on my AIM list too.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2008, 04:49:18 AM »

I think it is sweet how you have kept his saves and are keeping him on your AIM list, I would do the same.

With any huge tragedy, we always replay it in our minds, and think, what if this had happened, or I had done that instead, would things would of been different. I'll bet no one had any idea that things would of turned out the way they did, not even yourself.

One thing I do know though, is that Michael wouldn't want you to blame yourself in anyway or feel guilty about it.

St0rmTK421
The Black Perl
Director

Stats
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2008, 12:23:05 AM »

We all have our own special stories of Mike.  Just looking at the responses in this thread will show you how much he meant to the RFGen community that he founded, let alone how much he meant to us who knew him as a personal friend.  I still think about him even to this day.  I'm glad this thread was brought back up, it shows how hard it is to forget someone who meant so much to us.

We will always keep it on channel 3!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length