RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:06:10 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Tragic News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Tragic News  (Read 25935 times)
NES-a-holic
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2006, 01:55:55 PM »

I dunno what to write,i am not all to long a member here but i'm always sad to read news like this.I didn't know him personal but it was always great to read the posts.My condolences to his family and all the people here who knew him,may he rest in peace.

Sureshot
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2006, 03:25:37 PM »

My god, I know I haven't posted here recently, and I actually clicked the link in my favourites by accident.

This is completely tragic news, my condolences to all of Mike's friends and family. He was always a an intelligent chap when posting on here and he worked hard to keep this place alive.

Really shocking... I can't really put it any other way.

Rest In Peace.

P.S., I think it would also be fitting for Mike's stuff to be listed in the Sales Extravaganza section.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 03:36:09 PM by Sureshot » Logged

Me vs Gretzky
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2006, 05:56:14 PM »

P.S., I think it would also be fitting for Mike's stuff to be listed in the Sales Extravaganza section.

It will be keep checking back.

PDorr3
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2006, 05:56:42 PM »

Wow this sure is upsetting to hear about, all my best wishes go out to his family, despite now knowing Mike personaly I definitly will miss him.
johno590
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2006, 06:52:46 PM »

Wow, this is very surprising and my thoughts go out to Mike's family.

I know I don't post here much anymore, but I still use the site to keep track of my collection, and always read through posts here.  I really don't know what else to say.  If I get some extra money I would be glad to buy some of his stuff, knowing that it is going to a good cause.
Dustin Kimble
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2006, 07:14:40 PM »

I just wanted to add in that I had only talked with Mike a few weeks ago about adding severa NES pic's that were missing from the website and that he seemed like a really nice guy.  
My condolenscences to his family and friends and I will remember him in prayers.
A good person is always missed, and I'm sure he's standing on the golden shore with the biggest game website he has ever seen right now!!
kimble989
AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2006, 04:10:50 AM »

I haven't been posting on here for vey long and only spoke to Mike a couple of times but he seemed a really nice guy, like all of the people on these boards really. My deepest condolances go out to his friends and family.
I hope this website continues to grow in a fitting memory to him and I, as well I'm sure, everyone else will try and do so.
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2006, 06:23:37 AM »

I'm finding it hard to express exactly how I feel about this.

Mike was a terrific guy.  Back in the Video Game Bible days, he was one of the first people to actually make me feel welcome in the community.

I can only imagine what those that were closest to him are going through right now.  As a community, please know that we share your pain and know that our prayers are with you.

Cry
Jagdiesel
Jaguar CD

Stats

Champion of

More>>
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2006, 06:42:20 AM »

I've been on RFG for most of its existance, though I don't often post, I've been around.  That said, I have been in the chat a number of times.  Nep and I talked quite a few times in the chat, and I always found him to be friendly and quite entertaining.
I'm very sad to hear of his passing.  It is good that Scott, Rick, and the rest of the folks here are keeping Nep's baby going and growing...
Nep will be missed more than he could have ever known

Why dis hafta happen, Forrest?
You got shot, Bubba.
I wanna go home Forrest, I wan go home...
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2006, 07:30:24 AM »

That's terrible indeed. He was always one of the nicest guys around here and also Video Game Bible. All the best to his family.
m3talst0rm
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2006, 08:50:45 AM »

I haven't been a member of RFG for that long, but Nep was one guy that really made me feel welcome.  I also really enjoyed reading the news items that he brought to the boards.  
I don't get to get online or post on this site much, but it is obvious that Nep (along with everyone else that worked on this site) really loved this hobby and did everything that he could to contribute to our community.  

I hope that this site continues to grow in rememberance of its fallen father.  He will be missed. All the best to his family and friends.  
archetype
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2006, 09:31:24 AM »

I sit here in complete disbelief. I constantly look over my shoulder in hopes that he will be there, standing behind me as he always was. Mike and I were the best of friends. We shared an interest in living a life full of adventure.

More specifically, I wanted to come here to share what I know of Mike and his committment to this site and the friends he made through it. He expressed that working on this site was not only an interest of his, but also uplifting. He was so modest with the work you have all done to make this a site worthy of recognition. He would scour the isles at thrift stores and garage sales trying to find good v.game buys. We talked some nights about adding new features while taking screen shots with emulators (v.game vocab getting over my head here) or playing cooperative Tetris until our eyes where wet with v.game persperation.

I am so relieved to hear  that everyone will continue what is a great database for v.games. I spoke with Mike before trying to be a silent force in supporting this site. I will continue to do so.

My thoughts and love will forever be with Mike and his parents and with all of his friends. Eddie, Dave, and Laurel I want you to know I am thinking of you.

I do believe Mike is at peace. I would also say that the spirit takes on many facets. His spirit is in this site and the people whom he has reached out to in friendship, love, kindness, intellect...it would take volumes to describe. I will take comfort in knowing his spirit is in this community and in me.

Love,
Pamela

It is not what happens to you rather what you do with what happens.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2006, 09:36:17 AM »

I sit here in complete disbelief. I constantly look over my shoulder in hopes that he will be there, standing behind me as he always was. Mike and I were the best of friends. We shared an interest in living a life full of adventure. I am so relieved to hear  that everyone will continue what is a great database for v.games. I spoke with Mike before trying to be a silent force in supporting this site. I will continue to do so.

My thoughts and love will forever be with Mike and his parents and with all of his friends. Eddie, Dave, and Laurel I want you to know I am thinking of you.

I do believe Mike is at peace. I would also say that the spirit takes on many facets. His spirit is in this site and the people whom he has reached out to in friendship, love, kindness, intellect...it would take volumes to describe. I will take comfort in knowing his spirit is in this community and in me.

Love,
Pamela

When in the chat room with 3-4 people I am still waiting for him to join. I still check  to see if he is logged in on AIM.  Cry

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2006, 10:16:56 AM »

I'm going to miss him in the chatroom...

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2006, 12:39:34 PM »

Garbbing a few more quotes from DP this time:

77punk:
So sorry to hear, expesially so young. My thoughts go out to the family and freinds. Cry

THATinkjar:
This is awful news Cry

pacmanhat:
Oh my...I'm so sorry to hear this. My prayers go out to Mike, his family and his friends both in the virtual world as well as the real one.

Balloon Fight:
Truly sad news whenever someone has their life cut so short. RIP Mike, you will be missed.

Mayhem:
What Balloon Fight said. I vaguely the remember the name around here from time to time. Always sad when someone in the community is lost so young.

If I remember correctly I only met him once, and it was back in 2003 I think, at CGE when he and Andy Slaven and the rest of the Video Game Bible guys were releasing their book. I kind of joked with him (because he was a "new guy" to the CG community, at least from what I remember), and I got him and the rest of their bunch to sign my copy. He seemed like a nice kid, a bit shy, but obviously devoted to his endeavor. And I found out about RFGeneration only a little while ago (a month maybe?), seeing that he was there now continuing with the same kind of work.

Retroyoungen:
R.I.P. Mike. You were a good guy, and it's a real shame that you've had to go so early. If there is a heaven, then enjoy it there; and if you see him, beat God in a couple of rounds of some game for me, OK? lol

-Kevin

VideoGameBible:
This is terrible news. I wish his family and friends the best. One thing is sure, Mike will always be remembered by those who knew him.

Andy

As has already been stated i still see his name on the top of my RFGen listings on MSN and AIM and wonder when he is going to log on...

I am pretty much still at a loss of words on what to say.
But i am glad that we have been able to give some degree of comfort to his family just through our comments.

I wish so much more that that RFGen meet actually was able to happen...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length