RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:59:13 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Let's Talk About Guitar Hero!!! PS2 & Xbox 360 versions! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38 Print
Author Topic: Let's Talk About Guitar Hero!!! PS2 & Xbox 360 versions!  (Read 77766 times)
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2006, 10:26:02 AM »

you probably let her win...wimp.

Kamino
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2006, 11:52:09 AM »

being the cynical old fart i am, i figured that, since this involved no killing, it just might suck.
WHOA WAS I WRONG.
I normally hate music games. I so dig this. FINALLY got 5 stars on bark at the moon on medium last night. Seriously, it's worth it. The next game really needs some CCR though..
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2006, 12:36:22 PM »

you probably let her win...wimp.

I wish I could say that I did.  We were playing More Than A Feeling and I didn't take her seriously enough.  I missed 2 notes, and she missed 1.  I lost by less than 1000 points.
Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2006, 07:03:35 PM »

I've had guitar Hero for about a month, and I have to agree with den.  The game's fucking awesome.  

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2006, 01:27:25 PM »

I've spent an ample amount of time playing this game, and I'll have to say it is pretty awesome. I am having a much more difficult time getting acclimated to this game than any drum game, but I am sure that with practice I'll be pretty damn good. Right now I am on the last set of songs in normal mode.

Hello World.
Sauza12
DB Contributor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2006, 11:14:18 AM »

This game actually brought out vile language last night.

I am determined to beat this game on expert, as impossible as it may be.  I just have to beat Frankenstien, Cowboys from Hell and Bark at the Moon.

I was playing through Bark at the Moon last night, and let me start off by saying that if you truly want to know what it's like to be overwhelmed, give this song a go through on expert.  After I got the rythym down for the verse parts and most of the fills on practice, I went through and tried to beat it on career.

My first go through, I failed with 85% of the song completed.  The next time I got through 91% of the song.

The next 10 times I played it I got through either 97 or 98% of the song.  By this point I felt that I could hack my way through the final solo and beat it.  

The last time I played I failed the song with 4 NOTES LEFT.  AAAAUUUUUGGGGHHH.  I had to quit after that.  My blood pressure was reaching dangerous levels.
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2006, 05:17:48 AM »

I'm waaaayyyy behind you. I just finished the second group of songs on medium last night. I've only been averaging 3 stars. I think once I beat medium I'm going to replay that level to get 5 stars on everything before moving up a level.

I'm still getting my fingers tangled up. haven't quit got the hang of that hammer on/roll off or whatever stuff yet.

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2006, 11:08:17 AM »

I beat normal mode yesterday, and I have completed two of the expert mode songs. I find the most difficult part of this game is hitting the fifth fret button and continuing the sequence. I feel this will take a lot of practice, since the 5th fret actually requires you to move your hand. I tend not to do Hammer Ons and roll offs, but I can imagine that for the hard and expert songs it will be necessary to master those techniques.

Hello World.
Sauza12
DB Contributor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2006, 12:09:37 PM »

YES!!!!!  I finally beat expert last night!

I wasn't really in the mood to play last night, but I figured I'd play a song or two since Lost was a rerun.

I played my warm up song (Ace of Spades) on and then Cowboys From Hell both on hard.  I then went to expert and played Frankenstien.

I managed to beat that the first time through, passing it with 78% of the notes hit.  Hey, that song is hard so go screw yourself.

After that I figured I'd fire up Cowboys from Hell just to see if the luck was still with me.  It was, and I passed that getting 82% of the notes.

After that I figured I would try Bark at the Moon once and then stop.  I managed to pass it on my first playthrough hitting 76% of the notes.

The only thing left to do is go back and try to get 5 stars on every song on every diffuculty level!  I've already done that on Easy and Medium, I have about 5 more songs on hard to get 5 stars on, and about half of the songs on expert.  Hooray for me!
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2006, 12:41:27 PM »

I bought Guitar Hero today!
69 dollars over at Fry's Electronics. Played throught the tutorials and have done a few "free plays". Pretty damn cool game.

I tried sitting while playing at first, but after the second song I stood up to play and did way better Wink

Should be alot of fun. Smiley

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2006, 06:14:35 AM »

heh, I can't play it sitting down either. I need my arm to be free. either that or I need to be in the guitar god stance.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2006, 03:41:18 PM »

I almost bought this today.

I might pick it up tomorrow...

Hopefully i don't though.
As bad as i want it i need to save up for another trip i am planning on and to fix my car.
Who knows though i might just become irrisponsible and be thrilled with myself for buying it.

lol

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2006, 09:47:02 AM »

What is everybodies favorite song/songs to play?

What level of difficulty are you on, and was it easy to progress?

Right now I am playing through easy, and can pretty much get 4 or 5 stars on every song. High 90% scores on the notes hit as well.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2006, 10:27:27 AM »

I'm playing through career on medium right now. so far my favorites are Iron Man, Symphony of Destruction and Ace of Spades.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2006, 11:13:24 AM »

I'm playing through career on medium right now. so far my favorites are Iron Man, Symphony of Destruction and Ace of Spades.

I havent unlocked Ace of Spades yet, but the other 2 songs on your list are my current favorites to play.

Maybe we should change the title of this subject to Guitar Hero talk or something like that?

« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 11:13:42 AM by captain_nintendo » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length