RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:45:03 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Let's Talk About Guitar Hero!!! PS2 & Xbox 360 versions! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] Print
Author Topic: Let's Talk About Guitar Hero!!! PS2 & Xbox 360 versions!  (Read 77778 times)
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #555 on: August 11, 2008, 10:17:25 AM »

I watched his vids. He's good yeah, but Guitar Hero isn't the hardest rhythm game out there.

O2Jam is technically harder. There are notes you have to hold while playing others, even with the same hand, it's really hard.
Just watch this video you'll see what I mean.

PS: I'm not trying to criticize Guitar Hero nor the guy who is so good at it and I'm not at all saying that I could do better. (Just to be clear Wink)

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #556 on: September 26, 2008, 01:45:53 PM »

GH1 and GH2 for the PS2 are on the Used Game of the Week Sale at EB/Gamestop starting today. $14.99 each.

I used my Edge card and got GH1 for $12.71 (I think they gave me 20% because I'm a regular).

logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #557 on: September 26, 2008, 10:40:02 PM »

I WANT O2JAM! Too bad it is only in korean... Sad

Tell me about your variants...
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #558 on: September 27, 2008, 04:06:15 AM »

I WANT O2JAM! Too bad it is only in korean... Sad
Isn't it a free download? I used to play it on my mom's PC all the time, in fact, it's still there and playable. My char was lvl 30, I believe.

If you're into rythm games or want to try a free one it's quite fun and there's lots of free downloadable songs too. Smiley
Chainclaw
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #559 on: September 27, 2008, 10:11:21 PM »

As awesome as O2Jam is, it doesn't compare at all to Guitar Hero due to completely different controls. It would be like saying Mega Man is harder than skiing in real life on black diamond hills. It's too different to even compare.

I can't even complete Guitar Hero 3 on hard difficulty (let alone expert!) but I could have played that song back when I used to play O2Jam.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #560 on: September 28, 2008, 03:25:13 AM »

I can't even complete Guitar Hero 3 on hard difficulty (let alone expert!) but I could have played that song back when I used to play O2Jam.
Ok, the controls are different, but they're in the same genre so I think it's allowed to compare them.

I was only pointing out that Guitar Hero isn't the holy grail of difficult rhythm games.
Chainclaw
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #561 on: September 28, 2008, 01:39:24 PM »

Ok, the controls are different, but they're in the same genre so I think it's allowed to compare them.

I was only pointing out that Guitar Hero isn't the holy grail of difficult rhythm games.

I think O2Jam is easy. Even that song you posted is nothing compared to even just hard difficult in Guitar Hero for me.

Pump it Up, in the arcades, is far more difficult  than either. It throws 4 and 5 arrows at you at the same time, and this is a game where you're using your feet to hit the buttons.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #562 on: September 28, 2008, 03:49:18 PM »

I think O2Jam is easy. Even that song you posted is nothing compared to even just hard difficult in Guitar Hero for me.
Really? Because what's hard about O2Jam is that you have to hold notes with a finger while playing (tapping) other notes with that same hand, without letting go of the long note. (Which is very frequent, as you can see in the video)

Pump it Up, in the arcades, is far more difficult  than either. It throws 4 and 5 arrows at you at the same time, and this is a game where you're using your feet to hit the buttons.
I totally agree with you about that, feet-rhythm games are definately more difficult than both GH and O2Jam.
Chainclaw
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #563 on: September 28, 2008, 03:58:40 PM »

I found O2Jam pretty easy because it's clearly a ripoff of Beatmania, which I used to play semi-regularly, and I had also had some piano training as a kid, and I'm ambidextrous.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #564 on: September 28, 2008, 04:02:02 PM »

I found O2Jam pretty easy because it's clearly a ripoff of Beatmania, which I used to play semi-regularly, and I had also had some piano training as a kid, and I'm ambidextrous.
Ah, well, that's an unfair advantage right there Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length