RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:43:32 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Let's Talk About Guitar Hero!!! PS2 & Xbox 360 versions! 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 Print
Author Topic: Let's Talk About Guitar Hero!!! PS2 & Xbox 360 versions!  (Read 77811 times)
Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #525 on: November 24, 2007, 04:18:07 PM »

I'm stuck on Cult Of Personality on Expert. I can't get that damn solo. I finally five starred all the career songs on hard but I can not for the life of me five star Pride and Joy on Expert and Ive tried about 20 times.

Running out of games to buy.
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #526 on: November 24, 2007, 04:22:50 PM »

I'm working on hard mode now-a-days. I'm about half way done with hard.

Has any one started a guitar hero high score thread? I think I'll do that now... Grin

Tell me about your variants...
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #527 on: November 25, 2007, 01:24:11 AM »

Guitar Hero III meets the BLENDTEC Blender for not having any Beach Boys.

it's thinking
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #528 on: November 25, 2007, 03:53:09 AM »

The blendtec blender can't stand up to the SSI Shredder!

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #529 on: November 26, 2007, 02:54:58 PM »

Well i finally beat Cult of Personality on Expert. Thanks to star power! Beat Cliffs and Beast, but I can't touch Blood or One on expert. I saved all my star power for the crazy solo in one, it didn't help at all.

I also managed to Gold Star Mississippi Queen on expert. Love that song!

Running out of games to buy.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #530 on: November 26, 2007, 07:31:26 PM »

Contest time...

http://www.guitarhero.com/static/pontiac

Anyone plan on participating?

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #531 on: December 11, 2007, 09:33:22 AM »

Picked up Guitar Hero III for the 360 last night.  Very awesome edition to the series.  Does anyone know if there planning on releasing Rock of the 80's for the 360 ?

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #532 on: December 14, 2007, 09:23:48 AM »

^Nothing yet.

Definitely pick up the Foo Fighters pack from Marketplace, though. It's one of the few (if any) song packs worth the 500 MS points. I still havent beaten "All My Life" on hard yet... Tongue

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #533 on: December 16, 2007, 12:29:58 PM »

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

finally beat Raining Blood!

now how the hell do you beat Lou?

it is insanely fast.

Ken B.
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« Reply #534 on: December 18, 2007, 10:17:24 PM »

I'm a little late to the party, as always.

On GHIII (PS2), I'm on Lou on Hard and Before I Forget on Expert.  Finished the game on Medium.  Besides the way they messed up multi-player, to me this is probably the best in the series so far.

Raining Blood...that took me FOREVER on Hard.  Just like you guys I would hit 38-39% and flunk out.  Finally got where I could hit a rythm good enough to get me through it.  But now Lou is just mean!  I beat him first try on Medium but he's a tough nut to crack on Hard.  I'm dreading expert.

I'm tripping on Before I Forget, the chord transitions are a bit silly.  I've finished Cult of Personality on Quick Play on Expert so I know if I can finish Slipknot then it's off to the final tier.  I'm dreading One and Raining Blood.  I can finish Number of the Beast and Cliffs of Dover on Expert, so the other two is where I'll likely be stuck after that.

A lot of folks didn't like how hard GH3 is but for me, I'm glad it is more challenging.  I've been playing since the first one and not since my first time through have any Hard songs been challenging...until now.  That's kind of refreshing, to me.

I think the thing that's most jarring, and you pick up on this after spending a lot of time with the game, is that Neversoft seems to have approached the difficulty horizontally instead of vertically.  Like...in the other versions, difficulty from top to bottom within a particular difficulty was fairly uniform and progressed as such.

Now, you have to track difficulty of a particular song across difficulties.  It's obvious after playing Through the Fire and Flames on Medium even that it's playing in a whole different ballpark than other songs on that same level.  Ditto the harder songs like Raining Blood and One.  That's why people hit "brick walls", because you have to progress through the game vertically but they are increasing in difficulty proportionally to themselves.

I know that doesn't make an ounce of sense, but that's about the best way I can explain it.  Neversoft seems eager to cater to the fans during this period of time (with Rock Band breathing down their necks) so I'm sure the next one will work out the tweaks in the difficulty system.

Great game, though.  The master tracks are awesome, it's hard to go back to listening to the cover bands in the earlier versions.  It really makes a big difference.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #535 on: December 19, 2007, 02:42:26 PM »

Raining Blood was the last song I beat in that tier even though it's the first one listed. One was tough. I bombed at about 80% consistently. If I saved all my star power till that point I could get past the frist part of the ending solo. After that it's not too hard.

Raining Blood only has 2 chances for star power before the dreaded "mosh". Even if you get it it's not enough to carry you through that part if you miss too many. I ended just practicing that part repeatedly. Even so I was only hitting about 80% of it. It was good enough to get past the "mosh" and the rest of the song is pretty easy.

I've tried Lou about 5 times. I've managed to get off 2 attacks on him but that's all I've been able to get so far.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #536 on: December 28, 2007, 02:22:19 PM »

Raining Blood is an awesome song!

@ Sauza - Did you ever beat Jordan?

A bit late on this, but...

No, I haven't really played GH2 that much since the 80's edition and part 3 came out.  I should probably go back and give it another go.

And I'm STILL stuck on Raining Blood Tongue
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #537 on: January 02, 2008, 01:21:41 PM »

I FINALLY beat Raining Blood.  I figured out a hand rythym that works well with mosh 1 now, so I could probably beat it again.  That doesn't mean that I'll be playing it again anytime soon.  Hearing the same song constantly over the course of a month tends to wear on you.
Ken B.
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« Reply #538 on: January 02, 2008, 02:47:08 PM »

I FINALLY beat Raining Blood.  I figured out a hand rythym that works well with mosh 1 now, so I could probably beat it again.  That doesn't mean that I'll be playing it again anytime soon.  Hearing the same song constantly over the course of a month tends to wear on you.

Ha!  I know exactly what you mean.  To this day I have little urge to listen to "No One Knows", and I use to really like that song.  GH3 almost spoiled me on Raining Blood, too. 

My first thought when I finished it--"I won't be back to this one for awhile."  So far, I was right.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #539 on: January 03, 2008, 05:05:36 PM »

So what is the hardest song of the four GH games? Jordan still?

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length