RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 03:21:48 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Let's Talk About Guitar Hero!!! PS2 & Xbox 360 versions! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 38 Print
Author Topic: Let's Talk About Guitar Hero!!! PS2 & Xbox 360 versions!  (Read 78858 times)
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #465 on: August 15, 2007, 07:40:29 AM »

I'm going to see them next week. I have tickets for Projekt Revolution.

JWKobayashi
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #466 on: August 15, 2007, 04:46:06 PM »

I'm going to see them next week. I have tickets for Projekt Revolution.

That's sweet. I saw them at the Allstate Arena in March, which is right outside Chicago. While "musically" not the best concert I've ever been to, the show they put on was probably the best I've ever seen.

As far as their songs on Guitar Hero, has anyone tried "This Is How I Disappear"? That song is pretty damn hard for the difficulty level it's on. I played it on medium and saw orange (5th fret) notes. WTF? I've never seen one on another medium song ever!

[img width=350 height=19]http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/JLateralus.gif[/img]
Tan
« Reply #467 on: August 23, 2007, 01:27:46 PM »

Guitar Hero III 360 Demo With Tony Hawk

Well if this doesn't sell Tony Hawk's Proving Ground, nothing will. Activision has announced that the Xbox 360 version of Tony Hawk's latest magical skateboard adventure will ship on October 9th with a five song demo of Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock. The same demo will be hitting Xbox Live two weeks later, but 14 days sure is a lot of missed practice time, isn't it? The demo will take place on the Desert Rock Tour stage and will include the floowing tracks:

Lay Down (by Priestess)
Even Flow (by Pearl Jam)
The Metal (by Tenacious D)
Hit Me with your Best Shot (as made famous by Pat Benatar)
Rock You like a Hurricane (as made famous by Scorpions)
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #468 on: August 23, 2007, 04:06:27 PM »

I'll wait the 2 weeks for the demo. I've never been into skateboarding games.

It'll give me more time to play Halo 3, Oblivion GOTY Edition, Bioshock, and Guitar Hero 2.  Cool

shoes23
Legendary AFK'er
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #469 on: August 26, 2007, 02:58:53 AM »

Alright guys I'm new to the whole Guitar Hero fad, but enjoying myself so far.  I just finished all the songs on GH2 on the medium difficulty, but trying to advance to Hard is just kicking my ass.  I've probably tried 3-4 times on each song in the first set list without being able to finish any of them.  Anyone else have a really difficult time trying to adjust to the harder difficulty settings?  Practice makes perfect, but a difficulty setting in between medium and hard would have been much appreciated.

www.questmarker.net
[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/shoes23.png[/img]
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #470 on: August 26, 2007, 01:40:10 PM »

Alright guys I'm new to the whole Guitar Hero fad, but enjoying myself so far.  I just finished all the songs on GH2 on the medium difficulty, but trying to advance to Hard is just kicking my ass.  I've probably tried 3-4 times on each song in the first set list without being able to finish any of them.  Anyone else have a really difficult time trying to adjust to the harder difficulty settings?  Practice makes perfect, but a difficulty setting in between medium and hard would have been much appreciated.

The difficulty jump from medium to hard is a tough one. I think almost everyone on these boards that plays the game has stated the same thing at one time or another (myself included). It just takes getting a little more comfortable with the speed adjustment and the fact that you have to move your hand.

You'll get it. It just takes awhile longer than the adjustment from easy to medium.

Hang in there.

Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #471 on: August 27, 2007, 01:40:32 AM »

Anyone got tips for Jordan? Can't seem to get past the 56% mark. I know once I finish solo C the song is a cakewalk, so I think I have about another 3 or 4% before I 'beat' the song. Correct me if I'm wrong though. Anyway, I need some tips on how to make it to solo D.
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #472 on: August 30, 2007, 11:26:03 AM »

on some of the solo parts where the notes run up and down in succession I've seen people slide one finger across the buttons rasther than trying to push them individually. I haven't had much success with this but it's worth a shot.

or you could cheat and just make sure you have a full star power bar and activate just before the solo.

Tan
« Reply #473 on: October 03, 2007, 10:15:05 AM »

The additional tracks include:

· Same Old Song and Dance (by Aerosmith)
· Helicopter (by Bloc Party)
· Stricken (by Disturbed)
· Monsters (by Matchbook Romance)
· Before I Forget (by Slipknot)
· Kool Thing (by Sonic Youth)
· When You Were Young (by The Killers)
· Devil Went Down to Georgia (as made famous by Charlie Daniels Band)
· Sunshine of Your Love (as made famous by Cream)
· Holiday in Cambodia (as made famous by Dead Kennedys)
· Cliffs of Dover (as made famous by Eric Johnson)
· Hit Me with Your Best Shot (as made famous by Pat Benetar)
· Black Magic Woman (as made famous by Santana)
· Story of My Life (as made famous by Social Distortion)
· Pride and Joy (as made famous by Stevie Ray Vaughn)
· The Seeker (as made famous by The Who)
· Black Sunshine (as made famous by White Zombie)

In addition to the newly announced tracks, previously announced songs in Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock include:

· Miss Murder (by AFI)
· Minus Celsius (by Backyard Babies)
· Sabotage (by Beastie Boys)
· Hier Kommt Alex (by Die Toten Hosen)
· Through Fire and Flames (by Dragonforce)
· In the Belly of a Shark (by Gallows)
· Welcome to The Jungle (by Guns N' Roses)
· Avalancha (by Heroes Del Silencio)
· Take This Life (by In Flames)
· Number of the Beast (by Iron Maiden)
· Ruby (by Kaiser Chiefs)
· Closer (by Lacuna Coil)
· Cult of Personality (by Living Colour)
· One (by Metallica)
· Knights of Cydonia (by Muse)
· Mauvais Garcon (by NAAST)
· Even Flow (by Pearl Jam)
· Lay Down (by Priestess)
· Bulls on Parade (by Rage Against The Machine)
· 3's and 7's (by Queens of the Stone Age)
· Suck My Kiss (by Red Hot Chili Peppers)
· Generation Rock (by Revolverheld)
· Raining Blood (by Slayer)
· Cherub Rock (by Smashing Pumpkins)
· Radio Song (by Superbus)
· The Metal (by Tenacious D)
· I'm in the Band (by The Hellacopters)
· Anarchy in the U.K. (by The Sex Pistols)
· Reptillia (by The Strokes)
· Paint It Black (by The Rolling Stones)
· My Name is Jonas (by Weezer)
· Slash's Original Boss Battle Recording
· Tom Morello's Original Boss Battle Recording
· School's Out (as made famous by Alice Cooper)
· Paranoid (as made famous by Black Sabbath)
· Cities on Flame (as made famous by Blue Oyster Cult)
· Slow Ride (as made famous by Foghat)
· Barracuda (as made famous by Heart)
· Rock and Roll All Nite (as made famous by Kiss)
· Mississippi Queen (as made famous by Mountain)
· Rock You Like a Hurricane (as made famous by Scorpions)
· La Grange (as made famous by ZZ Top)

Article courtesy of Kotaku:
http://kotaku.com/gaming/...racks-revealed-306482.php
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #474 on: October 19, 2007, 02:12:50 PM »

At lunch, I played a song on the demo available in the new Tony Hawk game while at EB. "Hit me with your best shot!" was one of the 5 songs. I'll definitely download the demo on Monday when it's available on XBLA. Cheesy

Seems like the same gameplay, but with new graphics, presentation, etc. Looks like it will be yet another solid addition to the Guitar Hero franchise.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #475 on: October 25, 2007, 12:06:42 PM »

I'm assuming you have the Xbox 360 version of GH2.  If you have a PS2, I would highly recommend playing part one first, because the game itself is a bit harder and less forgiving.  It probably took me twice as long to beat part one as it took me to beat part two.  Playing part one first really breaks some bad habits you can develop playing part 2.

As for making the transition from medium to hard, the two main problems your going to run into is the increased speed and the addition of the fifth note.  The hammer on/pull off sections are tricky too, but there's no real way to get used to them other than time.

Getting used to the fifth note is the easier thing to adapt to.  After playing the first 5 or so songs, try to get a feel for moving your hand into the two different positions:  the lower position (with your first finger on the green button, no finger on the orange button), and the higher position (Pinky on the orange button, no finger on the green button).  The safest place to start a song from is in the higher position because it's much easier to slide your first finger down to the green button than it is to slide your pinky up to the orange button.  Some songs are going to make you run your fingers all over the fretboard at all times, so you will also have to break out of the trance that medium diffuculty can put you in:  that is that each finger only has one button to worry about.  I've seen it more times than I can count where somebody is playing it on hard when a green button comes up and they are hitting red.  That is why having your hand in the two different positions is helpful, because it helps you remember which finger is hitting which button.

The best way to go about getting used to the faster speed is to listen to the song uninterrupted and get used to the strumming pattern in the song.  If you can keep your strums in beat with the song, the spacing of the notes won't matter as much.  It will eventually get to the point that you will only be looking for the colors of the buttons  rather than the spacing of the notes, which gives you one less thing to worry about.

I'd go into getting the hammer ons and pull offs right, but that is really nto the most important thing if you are just looking to pass the songs at this point.  Once you get more used to listening for strumming patterns and switching between hand positions, hammer ons and pull offs become much easier.
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #476 on: October 25, 2007, 05:49:31 PM »

I am a complete nerd. I spent 2 hours on Jordan Medium trying to get 100%. And I did. Twice. Grin

Weeeeeeee Smiley

Tell me about your variants...
Grim Fandango
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #477 on: October 25, 2007, 10:28:32 PM »

i'm slowly getting better on hard, during solos though I pretty much freeze up and stare at the screen blankly haha

[img width=300 height=225]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/4282/supcatwv6.jpg[/img]

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=wallydawg[/img]
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #478 on: October 26, 2007, 11:38:29 AM »

I am a complete nerd. I spent 2 hours on Jordan Medium trying to get 100%. And I did. Twice. Grin

Weeeeeeee Smiley

I hate Jordan.  It's the only song from any of the games I can't beat.  Well, actually I don't think I've beaten one of the other bonus songs, but Jordan still is ridiculous.
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #479 on: October 27, 2007, 11:31:24 PM »

Did anyone else pick up the game tonight? I did. Going to Rock Hard.

Hello World.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 38 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length