RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:18:13 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Your user name? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Your user name?  (Read 8337 times)
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« on: May 05, 2006, 09:04:19 AM »

What does your user name represent? Did you make it up or earn it?

Basically, whats the deal with it? Wink

Mine is captain nintendo.
When I was younger, I remember watching the Nintendo power hour and they had a "Captain N".

That kind of stuck with me and since I like the NES, I just changed the N to Nintendo. That's pretty much the story there.

m3talst0rm
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 09:24:16 AM »

Well mine is from the NES Irem game Metal Storm.  I Realy like this game.  

When I was a kid I had more NES games than anyone else that I knew.  Although, it wasn't very many I kept up with what games were good and what sucked etc.

So, eventhough I thought I knew what all was out there that was good back in the day, I've realized that there are so many awesome games out there that I have never heard of during the NES' (or any other system's) heyday.    

Metal Storm was the first game that I found that was good shockingly awesome that I had never heard of.  
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 09:25:43 AM by FleaMarketFinder » Logged
Mezmoron
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 09:58:57 AM »

My username....Well, it's not really a good story.  I had this name for my AOL IM when I was young.  Someone told me once (it's cheezy, be careful), that my singing voice was mezmerizing.  My brother on the otherhand, always called me a moron.  So, when choosing a username for AOL, I was getting frustrated with all the chosen names that I wanted, and thus was born Mezmoron.

Ken

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/Mezmoron.png[/img]
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 10:06:06 AM »

I don't really need to explain mine do I?

ah what the hell...

name's Den, born in 68.

that's it.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 10:09:54 AM »

I don't really need to explain mine do I?

ah what the hell...

name's Den, born in 68.

that's it.

Boring    :zzz:

Wink Tongue

Your story is funny Ken laugh

Jagdiesel
Jaguar CD

Stats

Champion of

More>>
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 10:40:58 AM »

Jagdiesel was the name I chose over at AtariAge back when I joined.  
I was collecting the Atari Jaguar, so thats where the Jag came from.  
Diesel was my nickname when I was a firefighter "damn, Mote hit that guy like a Mack truck.  That guy's a fucking diesel."

Why dis hafta happen, Forrest?
You got shot, Bubba.
I wanna go home Forrest, I wan go home...
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 11:03:32 AM »

I chose "atari_" because I grew up with the atari 2600. It was and still is my favorite system to play. I chose "_wizard" because, I used to watch The Masters of the Universe (He-man) religously. Orko was definitely my favorite character as he was a whacko magician/wizard that could never get his tricks right. So, I registered onto atari age as  "atari_wizard" & haven't looked back since.

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 11:33:16 AM »

Well when I joined, I joined as The Other Leon, which was kind of a running joke in the Leon family, and then I turned Maligned and then I got on a Godfather binge and was a Cor-Leon-e then I got on a Dirty Harry binge and here I am.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 11:33:29 AM by The_Other_Leon » Logged

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2006, 11:54:41 AM »

Tynstar was the evil character from this book.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/...-3535003?%5Fencoding=UTF8

I used that as my screen name on AIM almost 10 years ago and have used it ever since.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 11:55:07 AM by tynstar » Logged

Pop Culture Portal
RFG Friend
United States
Awards: Tournament Winner

Stats
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2006, 11:56:02 AM »

My name comes from an idea I had when I first heard about the internet way, way back when it was just starting to develop.  I thought, wouldn't it be great if there was a place that you could go on the internet for information on any topic you could think of?  Like a "portal" to a different area...kinda arranged like an encyclopedia...type in a topic name, hit enter, and you could get a list of different places (portals) you could go on the internet to get the information you needed.

Unfortunately, the people who invented Yahoo! and Google beat me to it.  My name is my albatros I wear around my neck, to remind me of what almost was...sigh.

Oh well...somebody pass me a smoke... laugh
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 11:58:14 AM by Pop_Culture_Portal » Logged

NES-a-holic
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2006, 11:57:54 AM »

I did not come up with the name myself.We have game nights with colllegues no and then and they mostly like new gen stuff.
Corse i cant stop talking about my NES and games and so and one of them started calling me a nesaholic.
Always making jokes like '8 bit is the future bro', hehehe.Enfin i got used to the name and started using it as my nickname on forums.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2006, 12:17:08 PM »

I got the nickname  way back in high school.  Everyone said I looked like Shaggy from Scooby-Doo.  Well the rest is history!!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Cham Zord
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2006, 12:55:50 PM »

My head. Although, upon later discovery, I found out that a Zord was something from Power Rangers (ugh) and cham is a combination of ham and cheese. So it's like a ham and cheese robot, or something...

In a perfect world, there are no boundaries...

We already live in a perfect world...
Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2006, 04:59:27 PM »

In highschool everyone thought I was a freak (which I'm quite proud of) so I just kind of went with it.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2006, 06:35:19 PM »

In highschool everyone thought I was a freak (which I'm quite proud of) so I just kind of went with it.

So eventually will you have to change it to Freak_Man ?  laugh

Wink

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length