RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:51:09 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Introduce yourself please 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 100 Print
Author Topic: Introduce yourself please  (Read 407222 times)
Marriott_Guy
Console Librarian
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #405 on: July 18, 2008, 05:53:50 PM »

Welcome Ryan to RFG.  Glad that you found us and that the collection tool hit the mark for you (as it did me when I first joined).  The forums you will find as welcoming as this 'Introduce..' thread. 

Welcome aboard!

Terry  |  Marriott_Guy

Video Game Console Library  |  http://www.videogameconsolelibrary.com
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #406 on: July 18, 2008, 05:58:43 PM »

Hey Ryan, I also learnt the hard way you should never sell of your system, even if at the time or for a while after it feels like you'll never play them again. Because in truth, they'll never make games like those again and some time down the track you'll regret it.

I hope you are enjoying your stay here at RF Gen.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #407 on: July 18, 2008, 06:26:44 PM »

Welcome Sirgin, I hope you enjoy your stay Smiley
Thank you very much, Cobra Smiley I have a feeling this is a nice, friendly forum. (Instead of one where all threads all 200-posts discussions between a couple of people whining over the fact whether a game is good or not)

I like the fact that this forum has a great emphasiz on collecting aside from purely playing games. I am kind of a nostalgic person myself (everything was better X-number of years ago Tongue) so it's nice to find a forum where history has a place too, instead of focussing so hard on what's to come.
imfromwisconsin
Donor

Stats
« Reply #408 on: July 18, 2008, 07:32:10 PM »

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the warm welcomes.

Still kicking myself everyday for getting rid of it; they don't have the same sentimental values as they did, but I still love them Cheesy

"Sharing is Caring."
-Ryan
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #409 on: July 21, 2008, 12:24:20 PM »

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the warm welcomes.

Still kicking myself everyday for getting rid of it; they don't have the same sentimental values as they did, but I still love them Cheesy
Yeah, never sell anything...unless you're 100% sure.
Today I realised I've sold my original Game Boy. Not the end of the world you might think, but it was the (ugly!) Manchester United edition, which seems to be "rare". How rare, I've got no idea. Still a bit sad that it's gone Sad
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #410 on: July 21, 2008, 07:46:04 PM »

Yeah, I also got another Saturn later on but like Ryan said, despite making a sizeably large collection to try beat out my old one I had sold it didn't have the same feeling. I also regret ever selling the Sega Nomad.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #411 on: July 21, 2008, 08:05:30 PM »

I should probably introduce myself formally; I found this forum via a link from another site (I can't for the life of me remember what it was) after trying to find a collection organizing tool.  I fell in love the moment I started to create my collection here.

I've really just started 'collecting' this year; although I've had many consoles when I was younger (atari(s), nes, snes, n64, gamecube, genesis 1, genesis 2, saturn, ps1, ps2 -- wow, my mom was AWESOME!)) I had sold them all as "I would never play them again".  I really REALLY regret my decision so I'm trying to get back to where I was although it will never really be the same.  I have a smaller collection with mostly 'next-gen' consoles/games (including the stupid Wii which I regret buying) but am working backwards slowly.

I plan on sticking around here and hope to bring a few friends over from other forums as everyone here seems to be helpful and full of good deals!

PS:  My name is Ryan, I'm 27, live in Massachusetts and I'm a woman.  Sweet.

Welcome everyone including Ryan.  My question to you is, you're in Mass but from WI?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Feechy
Neo Geo AES
United States

Stats
« Reply #412 on: July 21, 2008, 08:11:51 PM »

Probably means originally from.

<Alfador> stop trying to rain on my parade
<Kimoosabi> Your parade is stupid!
<Alfador> my parade is TIGHT
-
Crabmaster2000: dont talk to him or he'll try to sell you modded playstations
DuncanR2N
N-Gage
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #413 on: July 28, 2008, 11:14:29 PM »

Greetings all,

DuncanR2N, I'm in Atlanta, GA.  I've been collecting for a few years.  Back in the nineties it was strictly PC games but I've since branched out into consoles.  As a result my collection is very PC heavy (about half of my titles) but I've been slowly going back and acquiring older titles whenever I can.

I wound up here via Gamespot.  Love the collection tools.  I'm still in the process of update my collection here but I have close to 1000 titles (roughly 980ish as of right now) but it will take some time to enter all that into here.  This looks like a good place for a guy like me.

logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #414 on: July 28, 2008, 11:22:39 PM »

Holy crap! I'm going to Atlanta this friday for 2 weeks! Any good classic game stores that I can check out down there?

Anywho... welcome to the forums DuncanR2N! We're real nice folks here, and the site is just pure awesome.  Cheesy

Tell me about your variants...
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #415 on: July 29, 2008, 12:08:45 AM »

Greetings DuncanR2N, enjoy your stay.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #416 on: July 29, 2008, 07:30:26 AM »

Hi there man! And welcome Smiley
totalgridlock
Memorex VIS
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #417 on: July 29, 2008, 08:14:25 AM »

Hello all.

I'm Cass (aka TGL) from Manchester, UK.

Been gaming since I was about three, my first console was a NES but I also played a lot of PC games from a very early age. I used to own a splendid Commodore Plus/4 as well, which sadly died many moons ago. I've been actively collecting (so far as my wallet will allow) for about 4-5 years, starting with NES games but branching out to cover more platforms.

Currently got just under 500 games, covering PC, NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, GameCube, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, Xbox 360, GameBoy, GB Color, GB Advance, DS and PSP.  Yeah, no Sega. Yet...

Favourite games tend to fall into the RPG/adventure and shooter genres, but I like a little of everything.

Like my good friend DuncanR2N I was also lured here from GameSpot. I have to say the collection tools here are much nicer Smiley

Looking for a good condition Commodore Plus/4.
DuncanR2N
N-Gage
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #418 on: July 29, 2008, 08:25:22 AM »

Hey TGL, nice to see you here!

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #419 on: July 29, 2008, 11:43:43 PM »

Welcome Cass,
good to see another Gamespot member jump over and see what RFG is all about.

You and DuncanR2N will no doubt also find if there is any game this site doesn't already have, it is easy to submit it and will probably be up within 46 hours unlike a lot of other sites.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 100 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length