RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:56:24 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Introduce yourself please 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 100 Print
Author Topic: Introduce yourself please  (Read 413094 times)
Magewout
RFG Friend
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #225 on: June 03, 2007, 01:50:44 PM »

Hi everyone, I've been reading the forums for about a month or so, but finally got some time to actually introduce myself. I'm Wout and I live in Belgium.

I've got every Nintendo console released over here as far as I know (well, except for the Pocket GB, and the redesigns of the GBA and DS).

My goal is to start a complete collection of N64 CIB PAL games. I'm relatively new to retro, and I'm having some money issues right now, but as soon as I can focus myself on it, I'll be starting collecting much more Cheesy
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #226 on: June 05, 2007, 06:13:13 PM »

Welcome everyone!

BadKarm
N-Gage
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #227 on: June 09, 2007, 04:16:27 PM »

Ive already been here for awhile but still haven't officially introduced myself. I've been collecting since I've been gaming, and that would be in 1990 when my parents bought my brother and I a Genesis. Altered Beast was my first game, but ever since then I spend most of my extra cash on Videogames (and/or Movies/Books/Musical Instruments...) The key I have found to collecting is never get rid of anything you don't have more than one of and currently I have a pretty admirable collection ranging from the Odyssey 300 (And an Autographed Photograph of Ralph H. Baer, the man who invented Pong and thus started the RF Gen) up to the last gen systems since I am still a poor college student who can't dish out $600 on new systems and games.

I'm a big RPGer, games are great if they have a great story, but honestly I will play anything and that will be apparent if you take a gander at my collection. I was introduced to this site from Samada, and you will be seeing plenty of me in the future ^^.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #228 on: June 11, 2007, 11:34:04 AM »

Welcome everybody!

R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
You will not be forgotten.

http://www.rfgeneration.c..._nintendo&folder=Coll
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #229 on: June 11, 2007, 11:44:26 AM »

Hm, maybe I should do this, yes?

I started playing games back in the NES days, and haven't stopped since. Favorite genres are RPG's, Fighters, Action-Adventure, and Sims (Dance Dance Revolution, Guitar Hero). Here's my timeline of systems, a [c] next to what I own right now:

NES-->Genesis-->SNES-->PlayStation-->Dreamcast-->PS2[c]-->Gamecube-->Wii[c]

Other than that, I'm weird and quirky.

two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #230 on: June 11, 2007, 05:46:12 PM »

welcome hxd!!

Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #231 on: June 12, 2007, 02:57:52 PM »

My name is Michael, I live in Gainesville, Florida and work for the University of Florida.  My former roomate in Tampa and I have been collecting for about 2 years now.  Most was his, I just did a little bit.  We got up to about 1300 games and 43 systems before I took my share and left for Gainesville.  I uploaded my collection here and am interested in collection Nintendo games and memrobilia.  Especially anything Legend of Zelda. 
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #232 on: June 12, 2007, 06:31:43 PM »

welcome wempster, my sister goes to uf and i live in daytona beach.

shadowbound
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #233 on: June 30, 2007, 07:44:29 AM »

Hi folks
          My names Andrew and I'm Staffordshire England.  I've always had a place for the Megadrive/Genesis years and still do. What really push me to become obsessive was the Nintendo Wii's virtual console.  Now I'm trying to build up a classic Sega collection has in some cases it's cheaper to have the actual original hardware.

I some cases as I saw Gunstar heroes up town where I live for £20.  Shocked

My biggest nightmare so far is trying to get a cable for my 32X that went from the Megadrive to the 32X.  I've looked everywhere for a place to buy one and had no luck.

<a href="http://www.nintendo-europ...jsp?a=Shadowbound&m=b" target="_blank"> [/url]
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #234 on: June 30, 2007, 11:56:48 AM »

Hi folks
          My names Andrew and I'm Staffordshire England.  I've always had a place for the Megadrive/Genesis years and still do. What really push me to become obsessive was the Nintendo Wii's virtual console.  Now I'm trying to build up a classic Sega collection has in some cases it's cheaper to have the actual original hardware.

Good choice. Wink

You're unlikely to find a 32X cable on its own but sometimes there are "dead" 32Xes on ebay that have the cable and usually go a lot cheaper than working ones.
Malygris
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #235 on: July 01, 2007, 04:32:31 PM »

I guess I must've missed this thread.

My name is Six, and I've been a gamer for an awfully long time. My first game was the cassette-based Bedlam for the TRS-80 Colour Computer; my first online game was Compuserve's Megawars on the same system. Looking back, I see those two experiences as watershed moments in terms of my normal social life, which is to say I wasn't going to have one. I didn't actually start collecting games until a few years ago, when I realized that the difference between a art afficionado and Peter Pan Syndrome was just a matter of terminology. I found that transitioning from man-child goof-off to serious collector was relatively simple and involved little more than telling people I'm a collector.

I am a PC gamer, exclusively and rabidly. Believe it or not, I have never owned a console, and hopefully I never will. I enjoy belittling console gamers for their crappy controllers, technological ineptitude and sexual inadequacy. Which reminds me, your girlfriends - yes, all of them - say hello.
Alfador
Chat Whore
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #236 on: July 04, 2007, 06:01:37 PM »

My name is Dustin, I'm 22 and from Southern California, and I've been a dedicated Nintendo fan ever since my older brother got an NES.  Shortly after that I got my first (and best) system, the SNES. 

For a few years now I've enjoyed the fun (and expensive) hobby of collecting games.  Presently I have every US Nintendo and Sony system from the Virtual Boy to the PS3 and lots of games to go with them, but all of my retro stuff is in storage until I can muster up enough money to buy a house..

My favorite games of all time are the SNES RPGs with Chrono Trigger at the top of that list, but I love almost all the old SNES and NES games.

Eventually I'd like to try and program old style video games, but that's probably a long ways off..

Anyway if you want to talk about any of that stuff message me, I'm always open to talk
GameRiley
N-Gage
Canada

Stats
« Reply #237 on: July 06, 2007, 12:52:48 PM »

Hi everyone.

I'm new to collecting. I started around February, I bought a Virtual Boy off ebay.

Since then I've gotten a

5 Virtual Boy Games
NES
44 NES Games
3DO FZ-1
4 3DO Games
Sega Genesis (Model 1)
15 Genesis Games
An extra Nintendo 64 (Was Free)
Nintendo 64 Expansion Pack
2 Nintendo 64 Controllers
20 N64 Games
10 SNES Games
SNES Mouse
2 Wii Games
4 DS Games

I don't have much compared to many of you, but I do not plan to stop collecting.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #238 on: July 08, 2007, 05:29:28 AM »

Welcome to the site Smiley

Everyone starts somewhere.
I think i had about as much stuff as you when i first found the website.

ColecoVisionist
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #239 on: July 11, 2007, 01:00:53 AM »

Find out more than you probably wanted to know about me here:

http://brettweisswords.blogspot.com/

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 100 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length