RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:09:04 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Introduce yourself please 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 100 Print
Author Topic: Introduce yourself please  (Read 407226 times)
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #255 on: October 01, 2007, 07:03:16 AM »

Hey, nice Stroker and Hoop avatar! Cheesy

Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #256 on: October 01, 2007, 09:14:49 AM »

This site was recommended in a thread over at Digital Press. I'm very impressed! I'm presently entering my "collection" into my database. Fantastic tools!

Welcome aboard!

Don't forget to jump into our forums Wink The community here is awesome!

P.S. Stay away from Tondog.... He sometimes likes to bite.

R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
You will not be forgotten.

http://www.rfgeneration.c..._nintendo&folder=Coll
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #257 on: October 01, 2007, 09:23:01 AM »

Hello to anyone new recently. As you can tell from my award, I'm the resident squatter. Tongue
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #258 on: October 01, 2007, 11:04:41 AM »

Welcome fellas!

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #259 on: October 01, 2007, 11:36:09 AM »

Welcome to RF Gen

Jedah
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #260 on: October 01, 2007, 11:42:11 AM »

Hey folks, first off just wanna say what a fantastic site ya got running here, im Chris from yorkshire in the UK, just got back into collecting, mainly megadrive/genesis games at the moment but will be heading to the dreamcast very soon aswell.
Gentlegamer
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #261 on: October 01, 2007, 11:44:45 AM »

Hey, nice Stroker and Hoop avatar! Cheesy
Thanks! I was a big fan of the show.

I hope I don't get banned for spamming the forum to get my user title changed from N-Gage . . .
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #262 on: October 01, 2007, 12:05:21 PM »

If you get banned for posting too much I would have been gone long ago.

Howdy Jedah.

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #263 on: October 07, 2007, 04:53:26 AM »

Welcome one and all Smiley

cyberfluxor
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #264 on: October 08, 2007, 11:50:30 PM »

I guess it'd be a good idea to finally introduce myself. I've done this on a few sites I venture to often and a bit of my info of course has changed over the years so what the heck, why not. By the way, I don't know how the site statistics work out but I've done a good amount of lurking in the past year while logged in so it looks a bit off.

But anyhow, the name's Matt as quite a few may already know and I'm 22. I've been into console gaming since my childhood but didn't begin really buying games until around 4 years ago. I decided to purchase games I had played on emulation and stock my shelves with them to the point my parents go insane. There are currently more than 1000 games in my collection but I have no plans to really go for quantity as my tastes are changing and I'm turning into a direction of quality and personal favorites but I don't plan on making quick and dramatic changes, more of a slow progression. However, currently I'm wanting a complete (CIB) collection of licensed domestic Saturn and Atari 5200 games because they are my favorite systems. The units I own are mostly main-stream and easy to find because this is a laid back hobby of mine and I prefer not to fork out tons of bucks to high-bid eBay auctions but I will shell out the money on games locally I must have. Wink

Taking a step back from consoles I do collect PC games, though I don't have any near the amount some other may have and it doesn't compare to my console stuff. My alternate universe of computer gaming (which ironically I spend more time playing) is filled with classics and modern games. I specifically bought dual monitors earlier this year just to play RTS games over both and it opened a new light on those that supported the resolution. If Starcraft II takes advantage of this setup I will be stoked but Supreme Commander, Cossacks, Age of Empires, Command & Conquer and many other RTS games work quite well with dual support so it won't be a heart break.

So now taking a step to the side (giving you a workout) I have a bunch of arcade boards and parts in my attic at the moment. I received them a few months ago and have plans to get knee deep into arcade goodness over time and build my own cabs to host these classics. A 6-slot Neo Candy Cab would be a nice addition down the road but that's a different story. I've been slowly progressing at plans to create a local arcade/pc/console organization involved with gaming guilds and restoration but it's been rough with lack of participation of local gamers. There have been some on-line responses and a few local game store owners wouldn't mind helping out a bit but it's still in its infancy and we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Some other interests/hobbies of mine include movies, anime, music and software engineering. I buy movies on DVD but anime can come on any format I have a player for (VHS/DVD/LD). Some of my favorite animes are Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Love Hina and Lost Exile though there are numerous others I enjoy. Generally older series I pickup on VHS since it's really cheap but if a DVD compilation pops up I'll buy it. I only have 1 movie on LaserDisc but I've tried to get a few others on eBay (local scene is dead) but got out-bid last second (go figure). For music I buy anime and game soundtracks on CD at pawn/thrift stores if they're to things I like. One of my DJ buds has some game music on record which kicks ass, unlucky for me I mainly find 1960's-80's records and I pick up most I find in great shape that appears it'd play without any problems. Lastly I'm a CS major currently in my senior years at a local university so programming runs through my blood. I've been writting software since I was 12 and wrote some games through middle and high school, sometimes selling the games for lunch money. I designed many clones of Pac-Man, Space Invaders, Night Driver, Tron and various other games but also made a few originals that were addictive to classmates. Due to that I of course followed the field and hope to one day create a local game company.

Welp, that's a good bite-sized overview of what attracts me here and to games. I plan to go back through my game collection and posting them to my web domain in my sig in addition to updating my list on here since it's outdated and I never completed it in the first place. I've slown down so much in adding new games to my collection it's the best time but due to work and school it'll be yet another timely process. Any questions, comments or random stuff just lemme know.

Collecting CIB 5200 Atari and Sega Saturn games.
Check out my domain
I will purge your base for resources.
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #265 on: October 09, 2007, 07:09:21 AM »

Ah, nice little read there. I'm a really big fan of Teknoman (Tekkaman Blade) so just have to say cool sig.

Well I guess a late welcome is better than none, so welcome Smiley
And good luck with your ventures.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #266 on: October 09, 2007, 08:44:07 AM »

Welcome Cyberfluxor

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #267 on: October 09, 2007, 12:27:56 PM »

That is the longest intro post I have ever seen.  laugh

Nice to see someone giving the Saturn and 5200 some love. I am trying to finish up the Saturn library myself.

Welcome to the forums!

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #268 on: October 09, 2007, 09:06:06 PM »

Welcome to RFG

R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
You will not be forgotten.

http://www.rfgeneration.c..._nintendo&folder=Coll
logical123