RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:40:39 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Buying a PS3 at launch? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Buying a PS3 at launch?  (Read 8714 times)
tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2006, 07:32:06 PM »

Damn Mr. Money

I wish.....and my wallet wishes I wasn't addicted to having the newest video game stuff as soon as possible....

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
donkeykong1
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2006, 10:37:08 AM »

I will but as many as I can get my hands on. Then I will sell all but one. That one I keep would have come out to free, because of the profits I would make from the others. So far I have 2 on preorder and going for more soon.
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2006, 12:20:02 PM »

Well we wont have a choice in England its the bigger expensive one where getting at arounf £500 at that much i think i'll wait a long time before i get one, Espically after borrowing an Xbox 360 this week and so far im not impressed it dosent do anything my PC cant.

Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2006, 12:24:19 PM »

Espically after borrowing an Xbox 360 this week and so far im not impressed it dosent do anything my PC cant.

I agree that PCs are generally better in a lot of ways, but one thing that a PC can't compete against is splitscreen multiplayer fun! Wink

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2006, 07:29:23 PM »

And you all thought the Wii was an awesome name.

According to Kotaku Sony has filed a patent for their PS3 controller. It's name...

P oo S

or poos. Really It should be P(infinity symbol)S, but I think all cynics and haters of Sony would much rather it be called poos. I can see the marketing possibilities already:

"Dearest, will you not come and play with my poos?"
"I play with my poos all day long!"
"POOOOOOOOOSSSS!"

Personally, I am humored, what is up with Japan and weird names? Now I can play with my Wii and follow that up with some poos flinging! Thank God for that motion sensing capabily Sony, now I can fling my poos! Too bad I am not buying a PS3. Perhaps Sony erred and put the infinity symbol in when they meant just to put in an O. Poos? Nah, PoS fits much better.

http://www.kotaku.com/gam...ller-is-a-poos-184547.php

Hello World.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2006, 07:43:47 PM »

Well we wont have a choice in England its the bigger expensive one where getting at arounf £500 at that much i think i'll wait a long time before i get one, Espically after borrowing an Xbox 360 this week and so far im not impressed it dosent do anything my PC cant.

Well I'm fairly certain PS3 will be a little more impressive than the 360. At least it better be.

But I agree, at this point with consoles it's like, ooo look, their clothes are moving and they're shiny because they're sweaty.

I am not impressed. The only way I'll get a ps3 early on is if I hear it's a God monster machine.

When shall his new form be revealed?
RetroYoungen
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2006, 09:45:43 PM »

Chuck up another vote for "not impressed."  All of the graphics are getting to the point that they all look too much alike for me, and they're all capable of nearly the same things (save the HD-DVD and Blu-Ray crap).  I haven't seen anything that really grabs my attention, and they're "innovative" controller (covered in my Majestic Thoughts entry on my Blogger site ::/plug:: ), I'm not planning to buy any time soon.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 10:02:17 PM by RetroYoungen » Logged

Here is where the witty signature is supposed to go.
incubus421
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2006, 09:53:45 PM »

This year is all about the Wii.  Cheap, great, and I have high hopes for it.  Not to mention it's starting lineup kicks the shit out of the PS3's (in my opinion of course, because it depends on what you're into).

David_J.
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2006, 09:56:58 PM »

I could buy a nice project car or a winter beater for that much on ebay, or even locally.

That and I have no intrest in this gen, or next gen gaming.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2006, 09:43:35 AM »

I will but as many as I can get my hands on. Then I will sell all but one. That one I keep would have come out to free, because of the profits I would make from the others. So far I have 2 on preorder and going for more soon.

Last holiday season, the premium you could get for a 360 on Ebay was so high partly because there was no other next gen system on the market. This Christmas, if the Wii comes in at it's 199-249 price point, due to the competition it will provide against the PS3 it may be a lot tougher to sell a PS3 at premium pricing (i.e. $100+ profit).

I'd be very wary of investing too much in PS3 consoles.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2006, 12:56:30 PM »

I have been talking to people at game stores and they say everyone that is getting a PS3 it is for resale. Might be a flood of them on Ebay.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2006, 04:03:15 PM »

Yup. Wouldn't surprise me.

And where there's a glut of sellers, the market favors the buyer. A lot of people that are planning on being able to resell just may get stuck with a PS3 that they really didn't want at the $600 price tag.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2006, 06:09:27 PM »

That would be awesome if they didnt even reach 600 on Ebay. Doubt that will happen but it would be funny.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2006, 07:23:18 AM »

Yeah. But most people trying to sell would likely set the minimum bid to $599.99 with around $40+ shipping (to recoup taxes).

It will be very interesting to see how that buy-resell strategy plays out this time around.

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2006, 06:30:53 PM »

If I told you I liked Sony I'd be lying.

IBM Lucky to get 10-20% Yield on the Cell Processor

Now perhaps I am really, really evil, but I surely hope that this inability to get a high yield causes manufacturing problems and shortages, and bodes terrible for the PS3. With all the stealing of ideas (although they "didn't"), I hope this system does terrible.

Hello World.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length