RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:27:39 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Buying a PS3 at launch? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Buying a PS3 at launch?  (Read 8716 times)
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2006, 07:38:42 AM »

I'm surprised that it's almost August and there's been no sign of pre-orders being taken on either the PS3 or the Wii.

I'll bet that as soon as everyone has their Madden '07s they'll start taking reservations.

Just my $.02.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 07:40:47 AM by phoenix1967 » Logged

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2006, 01:49:45 PM »

I don't have the link, but in an interview with Gamespot Kaz Hirai (Sony Head Honcho) amongst other things mentioned that the PS3 has yet to start production. Kinda makes you wonder whether or not the damn thing will actually launch on November 17, and if it does will it launch with more than 100000 systems available.

EDIT: here's the link
http://www.gamespot.com/n...ml?tag=latestnews;title;0
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 01:59:06 PM by TraderJake » Logged

Hello World.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2006, 06:11:47 PM »

From what the article says, to give the benefit of the doubt, approx 700K or so PS3s will be available on launch day. The fact that they haven't even started production on them definitely raises a red flag, though.

I still haven't heard ANYBODY say ANYTHING to the fact that this thing will be anywhere NEAR being worth spending $600 on.

And I don't know if this is true, but I've heard that the games will retail for $74.99 each!
 speechless

TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2006, 06:13:32 PM »

From what the article says, to give the benefit of the doubt, approx 700K or so PS3s will be available on launch day.

Would it surprise you if those 700K PS3's were distributed throughout all regions?

Hello World.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2006, 08:51:50 PM »

Watching the coverage from E3 forward on the 3 major consoles, I'm thoroughly surprised by the lack of perspective that Sony has on the gaming audience. Nintendo and MS are at least cognizant and wary enough to respect that their brand names, impressive as they are, are not enough to sell a system. Sony seems to have lost that grasp.

To answer the question, nothing Sony would do at this point would surprise me. They have proven to me that they are becoming more arrogant about the console market as a whole and are increasingly becoming more and more out of touch with their consumers. From all indications, PS3 sounds like it is going to be a P.O.S.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2006, 10:25:26 PM »

I still haven't heard ANYBODY say ANYTHING to the fact that this thing will be anywhere NEAR being worth spending $600 on.

Jesus Christ phoenix would you look at the damn thing?

First of all its specs are far and above all competition. Secondly, if Blu-Ray is anything to shake a leg at then SONY will sell lots of PS3s to people who are looking to buy Blu-Ray players because PS3 is 300$ cheaper then all the other Blu-Ray players out there. Also, to just believe that everybody who was happy with SONY's other systems will just switch systems is, I believe, ludicrous. I know I have been happy with both PSX and PS2 and if I continue to game on consoles I will choose PS3 because SONY is the company I know and trust. And if it means I have to save my money for a week longer then so be it.

If Johnny wants a PS3 Johnny will get a PS3, if Johnny wants a Wii he's a homosexual... I mean, Johnny will get a Wii.

When shall his new form be revealed?
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2006, 10:33:25 PM »

Apparently you forgot about this amazing video:

http://www.rfgeneration.c...um/index.php?topic=3562.0

Hello World.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2006, 12:08:11 AM »

First of all its specs are far and above all competition. Secondly, if Blu-Ray is anything to shake a leg at then SONY will sell lots of PS3s to people who are looking to buy Blu-Ray players because PS3 is 300$ cheaper then all the other Blu-Ray players out there.

I disagree with that statement. A videophile (spelling?) are the people that are going to buy a Blu Ray player right now. And I dont think they would buy a PS3 for that. I know I wouldn't.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2006, 12:39:14 AM »

Why not? What if you are gamer videophile?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 12:44:31 AM by The Maligned Noir Leon » Logged

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2006, 04:25:46 AM »

And I don't know if this is true, but I've heard that the games will retail for $74.99 each!
 speechless
Well Xbox 360 games are $90 over here, so there wouldn't be much difference. Launch titles have come down in price, so I don't see why that wouldn't happen with the PS3.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2006, 01:02:44 PM »

Because for some reason the lines have been drawn.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2006, 03:07:50 PM »

Why not? What if you are gamer videophile?

I still dont think you w/uld. I have never once used my PS2 or Xbox as a DVD player.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2006, 03:14:42 PM »

Not even to save 300$? I'd jump on the sucker.

I use my PS2 as a dvd player all the time, no reason to have two DVD players hooked up. Besides I kinda like using the controller as a remote, can't lose it.

TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2006, 03:27:53 PM »

Hmm... there is a rumor going around that Aussie ads for the PS3 advertise the PS3 as a revolutionary game console that is ALWAYS-ON (Connected to the Internet)

Hmm... Let's recap:

Original PS1 controller looks strangely similar to the SNES controller
PSP Launches a WarioWare Clone
PS3 controller ends up with Motion Sensing abilities and no developers knew about it.
PS3 is always connected to the internet

Sony(R). What's wrong with stealing? We do it all the time.

Hello World.
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2006, 03:37:57 PM »

Wow! This thread is hilarious laugh

I guess we'll find out when the system launches. I think Sont is going to do fine, but they wont have a death grip on the gaming industry like they have had.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length