RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:21:17 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Thread of Gaming Randomness 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 110 Print
Author Topic: The Thread of Gaming Randomness  (Read 421826 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1500 on: November 26, 2016, 10:56:17 PM »

You gotta see some of the deep discounts my local Target store is offering on their clearance video games.

Ha ha, I noticed the same at my Target.  You save NOTHING!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1501 on: December 19, 2016, 07:05:17 AM »

A felled Gargos makes for a happy Redd. Smiley

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1502 on: December 20, 2016, 05:48:38 PM »

Here we go again! Cheesy

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1503 on: December 23, 2016, 12:15:12 PM »

Sturmwind reprint incoming.

http://www.thedreamcastju...ilable-now-throwback.html

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1504 on: December 27, 2016, 09:09:54 AM »

@SirPsycho:

That's great! More people need to play that game.

Double Dragon IV coming to PS4 and Steam:

http://www.theverge.com/2...-4-ps4-steam-release-date

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1505 on: December 28, 2016, 04:56:31 PM »

I'm jealous of this leather.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #1506 on: January 03, 2017, 07:29:52 PM »

I thought my offerings for the MAGfest Leave Something, Take Something chests would be slim this year, then I rediscovered my bin of Game Gear doubles and cheapies.

OldSchoolGamer101
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #1507 on: January 23, 2017, 12:52:44 AM »

You gotta see some of the deep discounts my local Target store is offering on their clearance video games.

Ha ha, I noticed the same at my Target.  You save NOTHING!

LOL  Yeah Target is rather hit and miss with their "clearance" stuff.  Oddly enough, I have seen better discounts on sale items than on clearance items.  A few weeks ago my local Target had XCOM2 on sale for $39.99 (That's $20 off!!!!).  On the same day, I looked in the "clearance" and saw a 2014 World Cup Soccer game for $20.  Who buys a 3-year old sports game for $20? :O
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1508 on: January 26, 2017, 08:30:47 PM »

Got my shipping confirmation on my copy of Sturmwind!

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1509 on: February 06, 2017, 09:00:29 AM »

The blue fields of gaming nostalgia:

http://www.ign.com/articl...f-gaming-nostalgia?page=1

Stephen Kick: “Without the past we cannot learn from our mistakes. If future developers can no longer play classic games, what will they learn from? Where will they derive their influences? Imagine a future where the only old games you could play were Fester’s Quest, Bubsy 3D or Shaq Fu?”
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 09:04:08 AM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1510 on: February 08, 2017, 03:38:55 PM »

From the good folks at Netflix ... Castlevania.

Castlevania Season 1, Part 1 Coming to Netflix in 2017

http://io9.gizmodo.com/ne...-show-for-2017-1792131221

« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 03:42:39 PM by Addicted » Logged

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #1511 on: February 19, 2017, 09:32:15 AM »

I got that Adventure Time game for $5 at a 5 Below some years ago.  That was a deal.

In other news, buying this second copy of Power Blazer (Famicom) was surely intentional.  Surely.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1512 on: February 19, 2017, 05:51:28 PM »

Resident Evil 5 is great cool.  Some levels are long, though...  Or I suck.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1513 on: February 28, 2017, 09:33:54 AM »

Years and years ago, I used to work at NEC Home Electronics and just by chance, I happened work with someone who was involved with designing the PC Engine. It’s not every day you meet someone who helped bring about such an iconic piece of video game hardware and it’s been something of a lingering dream of mine for a long time to be able to talk to them about their involvement.

I first learned about the connection soon after joining the company. Back then, however, I had no published experience as a writer, let alone conducted an interview before, so I sat on that desire to interview them for a good 20 years or so. But after Joseph told me about his mission to preserve every game to such a definitive degree, I felt it was time to act and make that interview happen, seeing as how, again, preserving memories about games is just as important to us at the Society as preserving the games themselves.

The timing for doing so couldn’t have been any better. This coworker of mine recently retired at long last and while attending their farewell party, I finally summoned the courage to ask them if they would be willing to discuss their history with the PC Engine. Luckily for me, they graciously accepted. The main thing I decided to focus on in the interview was how the planning and design process went for the PC Engine from NEC’s side. Much has been written over the years about the technology that Hudson contributed to the system and while that’s all well and good, I thought it was important to also discuss NEC’s side of the story as a collaborator, too, while the people involved with it are still around to talk about it.

I sat down with my former coworker one chilly autumn day in Shibuya in 2015 to discuss times long past, the clouds above threatening to rain. The text of that interview follows below. One thing to note, however, is that this coworker wanted to remain anonymous, so for the duration of the interview, they’ll be referred to simply as “K.”

It's a good interview:

https://www.gamepres.org/en/2017/02/23/pcengine/

K: The main reason why there was no proper successor to the PC Engine, to put it simply, is that we just weren’t able to come up with a polygonal graphics architecture and accompanying development environment for a console that developers would find compelling. It wouldn’t have been enough even to just take existing PC graphics technology and slap it inside a console frame.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 09:44:14 AM by Addicted » Logged

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1514 on: March 10, 2017, 02:17:24 PM »

Final Fantasy XII HD coming to the PS4:

https://www.amazon.com/dp...2125b4e05d406e880a949b490

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length