RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:04:39 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Thread of Gaming Randomness 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 110 Print
Author Topic: The Thread of Gaming Randomness  (Read 423953 times)
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #450 on: February 07, 2013, 06:07:25 PM »

Not to be a stick in the mud, but I've always hated when companies and apologists trot out the whole "adjusted for inflation" argument.  I swear that's all I hear back when the PS3 launched, and I'm sure to hear about it again when the PS4 is launched.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #451 on: February 07, 2013, 06:09:57 PM »

Go GameCube.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #452 on: February 07, 2013, 07:15:55 PM »

I'd love to see both the adjusted for inflation and the un-adjusted stats.

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #453 on: February 07, 2013, 07:18:17 PM »

I am in the minority loving my Vita more than the 3DS. Then again loved my PSP over my DS
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #454 on: February 07, 2013, 07:26:57 PM »

Nothing wrong with being in the minority, I spend most of my time there.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #455 on: February 07, 2013, 10:01:25 PM »

Pretty serious collection for sale on ebay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121062811693

Just, wow.
Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #456 on: February 07, 2013, 10:03:26 PM »

Zelda OoT the original plan was to fight beast Gannon was to make him so huge Link had to climb on him and stab certain spots. However 64 was too limited in power so they abandoned this idea. That's right we almost had Sotc 7 years before Sony did it
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #457 on: February 09, 2013, 02:44:11 AM »

Man is Ubisoft ever paying the price for the recent Rayman Legends announcement.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #458 on: February 09, 2013, 09:17:18 AM »

Couldn't tell by looking at their stock prices.
Rayman legends as a Wii U exclusive stock drops 2 cents the next day and slowly rises over the next few months. Presumably in relation to everything else the company does.
Announce as multiplatform stock jumps 20 cents over night.

What it says to me is they don't have faith in the platform.

Since 19% of Wii U games right now are Ubisoft titles and one of them actually had a system bundle i don't think i am too far off the mark. If they were raking in the cash on WiiU at the moment there would be no reason to delay.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #459 on: February 09, 2013, 09:58:45 AM »

If you check out their facebook page, it has nothing to do with their multiplat announcement. It has to do with their shitty PR handling of the game since day one. You should check it out.The Wii U version is done and ready to ship, yet we have to wait for the ports on 360/PS3...that's bullshit. They throw more salt in the wound by offering a new demo...who cares about a new demo? I want the game I was promised back in fuckin December. And Ubisoft says they have a policy of releasing multiplatform games at the same time, then why weren't the 360/PS3 versions of Assassin's Creed III delayed until the Wii U version released? They want to maximize exposure of their franchises, so I suppose that we should be expecting Wii U versions of Far Cry 3/Splinter Cell: Blacklist/Watchdogs etc. If Ubisoft had of just released the Wii U version when it was first scheduled, I think most of the hate could've been avoided.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #460 on: February 09, 2013, 10:01:22 AM »

What it says to me is they don't have faith in the platform.

Since 19% of Wii U games right now are Ubisoft titles and one of them actually had a system bundle i don't think i am too far off the mark. If they were raking in the cash on WiiU at the moment there would be no reason to delay.

Yes i saw that it was already completed for the WiiU that is why i added ^that^. Maybe they want to wait until a multiplatform release so that gaming news sites don't start screaming about how it was a commercial failure and then have sales get hurt on other platforms since people will just assume oh it must be a bad game.

EDIT
I guess i was wrong about that ZombiU bundle too. I guess that was Euro exclusive until recently
http://blogs.evtrib.com/n...e-into-wii-u-sales/89272/

EDIT 2
Also
http://articles.washingto...vii-pc-games-new-consoles

According to Microsoft, it sold 1.4 million Xbox 360 units in December. Nintendo, meanwhile, said that it sold about 460,000 Wii U units in the same period.
http://news.cnet.com/8301...consoles-sold-last-month/

Initial WiiU sales were in fact tremendous. Then all the resellers found out they couldn't turn around there 10 systems at 500+$s a pop on craigslist and eBay and started returning them. Why do you think Zag is swimming in overstock at his Goodwill?
Zag how many AAA titles do you find still sealed at Goodwill weeks after launch usually for 360 or PS3 or any other system over the years?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 10:07:41 AM by Izret101 » Logged

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #461 on: February 09, 2013, 02:29:24 PM »

Rayman Legends is coming to PS3?  Awesome!  I loved Origins.  It is pretty ridiculous for them to sit on a finished game, though.  You'd think Ubisoft would try and sell it twice, once to WiiU owners, and then to PS3/360 who also own a WiiU.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #462 on: February 09, 2013, 08:53:43 PM »

RFGeneration was talked about in the latest "All Gen Gamers" podcast.

http://www.allgengamers.c...opening-pandoras-box.html

They start talking about RFG maybe 15-20 minutes in. Talk about RFG for a few minutes, get sidetracked talking about an app, then come back and talk about the site more.

The four guys who do this podcast are rather notable youtube people for the gaming community.

Listened to this last night. Gamester81 gives us a pretty good shoutout!! Awesome!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #463 on: February 09, 2013, 10:56:46 PM »

Mentioning RFG, huh?  Think I'll add them to my regular rotation.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #464 on: February 10, 2013, 09:31:59 AM »

Good to hear that we're being mentioned on things like that, and in a completely positive light too! I thought I noticed an increase in member registrations that day and the couple days after that episode was released, so hopefully they brought in a few more members that will become new regulars.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length