RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 05:46:45 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Nintendo Wii Discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: Nintendo Wii Discussion  (Read 32778 times)
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #150 on: November 03, 2006, 11:17:13 AM »

I'm sure there will be plenty of Wiis to go around.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #151 on: November 12, 2006, 12:24:59 PM »

I was in Best Buy yesterday and they had a Wii display. It was not playable though. I was in Gamestop about half an hour ago and they had one too. This one I did get to try. I played a race on Excite Truck. It was pretty cool but the novelty of steering the remote (for me anyway) will wear off quickly and I'll want to use a standard controller. I didn't try to steer using the d-pad on the remote, not sure if you could or not.

I didn't pre-order one but I still think the Wii will be the first of the new consoles I do get.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #152 on: November 12, 2006, 06:27:16 PM »

(He wasn't impressed) Wink

When shall his new form be revealed?
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #153 on: November 12, 2006, 08:04:10 PM »

it didn't knock my socks off. but I only played a basic off-road racer with the only unique feature being a motion sensitive controller.

I've played a 360 a few times to and while I enjoyed it (namely Dead RIsing) it didn't really blow me away either.

now... Guitar Hero II?.... oh mama!

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #154 on: November 13, 2006, 01:31:16 PM »

I've officially solidified my plans to camp out for a Wii.  I found out about how many systems the Best Buy near me will have in stock, when they open, and who's going with me.  I'm bringing my camera to capture all the fun.  If it's anything like the PS2 launch, it should be a blast.
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #155 on: November 13, 2006, 04:20:12 PM »

I know you get them earlier in America so i dont know what the amount of consoles were are getting here in England.

I preorderd my Wii on the 26th September at GAME after getting an email from them so think there will be enough to go round but definatly dont think there will be any left over and know for sure that noone will be campin in the middle of town for one people here are far too lazy! Smiley

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #156 on: November 13, 2006, 09:54:07 PM »

It's not about lack of laziness, it's about freezing your ass off for a stupid reason with fellow hardcore gamers, which is fun. When I went to Best Buy the night of the 360 release I almost jumped into line just to be a part of it. But then I remembered it was a line for the 360 and so I scissor kicked the guy in the front of the line, carved a big Sony S onto his forhead with my rapier, and swung away into the night on a conveniently placed rope while shouting my allegiance to the great Sony empire in Japanese.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #157 on: November 14, 2006, 08:32:19 AM »

Careful Leon. Comments like that will only let newcomers to our site think that you're a Sony fanboy.

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #158 on: November 14, 2006, 11:07:59 AM »

I've officially solidified my plans to camp out for a Wii.  I found out about how many systems the Best Buy near me will have in stock, when they open, and who's going with me.  I'm bringing my camera to capture all the fun.  If it's anything like the PS2 launch, it should be a blast.

I'll either be picking my system up at midnight at gamestop or waking up and leisurely getting it in the morning, since I have a preorder Tongue Here's hoping Nintendo doesn't screw over their customers like  Sony did.

Hello World.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #159 on: November 14, 2006, 11:52:07 AM »

rofl rofl rofl

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #160 on: November 14, 2006, 12:48:58 PM »

That was the stores fault, not Sony's.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #161 on: November 14, 2006, 01:20:22 PM »

That was the stores fault, not Sony's.

Oh, but of course! It would NEVER be Sony's fault!  Roll Eyes Thank you SOOOOO MUCH, Leon, for pointing that out. Whatever would we do without your grand objective insight about the Sony corporation?  Roll Eyes...go back to eating your Sony Fanboy Excrement Sandwich.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #162 on: November 14, 2006, 02:29:54 PM »

Don't run from the truth phoenix, embrace it. I think, deep down, there's a little Sony in you, there has to be, there's a little Sony in all of us. I call mine Sony Chiba, he's a movie star.

Come on, let's all recite the PlayStation Loyalists Pledge of Allegiance

I pledge allegiance to the PlayStation,
and Sony Computer Entertainment America,
and to the games,
for which they make,
three consoles,
under Sony,
undefeatable,
with fun and gaming justice for all.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #163 on: November 15, 2006, 09:27:26 AM »

LMAO!  rofl

And to your point, yes I do own a PS2 and a smattering of games for it. So I guess that there is a little Sony in all of us. But that doesn't mean that we blindly agree with all they stand for (we'll leave that to the fanboys Wink). 

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #164 on: November 16, 2006, 12:21:45 PM »

I might try and get one Sunday.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length