RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:04:45 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | NES vs. Genesis 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: NES vs. Genesis  (Read 6622 times)
Ando
Sega 32X

Stats
« on: October 16, 2006, 12:31:31 PM »

No, this isn't a which-console-is-teh-pwn thread, but rather a thread asking you, the collecting veterans, which of these two choices would provide the least resistance in obtaining a full collection.

The reason I ask is because it turns out that I couldn't just be bitten by the collecting bug, no. I had to get bitten by its money-guzzling older brother: the "Must get all games CIB!" bug. Rawr.

So if I'm wanting to get a complete CIB collection, which of these two systems would be easier to do it for?

Oh, yeah, I'm new here, by the way. Tongue
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 12:33:56 PM »

I think the Genesis would be the easiest to get all CIB because most of the games came in hard plastic cases and most people saved them.  Unlike the cardboard NES boxes that just got thrown away. 

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 12:47:41 PM »

CIB Genesis is a lot easier. More people have complete NES libraries.

The most expensive game outside of Miracle Piano for the Genesis is only 50-60 dollars. NES has many over $100.

If you have any questions about the Genesis library PM me I have a complete library.

Ando
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 01:37:08 PM »

I figured that Genesis would be easier, given my own personal experience. Now let's just hope I can find a flea market or something around here.

Thanks to both of you.
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 08:47:29 AM »

I'd have to go with genesis on this one as well 8-)

Rejinx
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 05:33:11 AM »

I got to go with the Genny.  The NES prices online have become very high.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Rejinx[/img]
My Podcast: www.RetroRundown.com
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 08:41:34 AM »

Welcome to the site!

As tynstar has said, the Genesis is far easier to collect CIB. And will cost a lot less as well Wink
let me know if you have any questions about the cost of a CIB NES game. I am upto speed on those cost.

Ando
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 09:02:32 AM »

let me know if you have any questions about the cost of a CIB NES game. I am upto speed on those cost.
Cool, thanks. My current plan is to get a complete Genesis collection then work on NES... or Atari 2600... or 5200... or...
Bah, I'll make that decision when I come to it. Tongue I'll just focus on Genesis right now.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 11:06:39 AM »

2600 is by far harder to get CIB then NES. But if you have questions on 2600 prices let me know.

chrisbid
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 11:09:03 AM »

booo cardboard boxes!
Ando
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2006, 03:56:52 PM »

2600 is by far harder to get CIB then NES.
Heh, makes sense, actually. Older system, less boxes / manuals actually kept. I can imagine that getting a fully CIB collection is going to be nothing but fun and joy*.

*This may or may not be true.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2006, 06:56:56 PM »

CIB collecting is the only way to collect. I think about 80% of my collection is CIB.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2006, 07:31:19 PM »

Definately the Genesis.  Many people saved the boxes and like Tynstar said the NES has many games over $100 while the Genesis doesn't have as many and 60% of the games I believe are cheap sports games.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2006, 02:58:29 AM »

2600 is by far harder to get CIB then NES. But if you have questions on 2600 prices let me know.

I hate to even think about what you would have to spend on a complete 2600 collection all I can say you better have a three figure salary and no expenses...

nes is very tuff to try and get a complete collection but like stated a loose collection isnt to hard but will still set you back a few bucks.

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2006, 11:00:16 AM »

Well for the 2600 a CIB collection is impossible since some games didnt come with boxes.  Wink

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length