RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:33:18 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | NES vs. Genesis 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: NES vs. Genesis  (Read 6623 times)
Ando
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2006, 01:31:32 PM »

Well for the 2600 a CIB collection is impossible since some games didnt come with boxes.  Wink
Really? That's news to me. I thought they did. Go figure.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2006, 02:59:20 PM »

Well for the 2600 a CIB collection is impossible since some games didnt come with boxes.  Wink
Really? That's news to me. I thought they did. Go figure.

Yep a couple of teh really really rare games don't have boxes.

chrisbid
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2006, 07:56:57 AM »

the quasi releases like air raid do not have boxes.  there is still debate to whether or not the game was ever released in north america. 

the atari days were like the wild west, since third parties did not have any sort of license to make games.  and even if you stick with just the major publishers, there are all kinds of variations to collect
Ando
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2006, 08:39:21 AM »

Yep a couple of teh really really rare games don't have boxes.
Oh, well if that's the case then a CIB NES collection in impossible, too. Tongue Nintendo World Championships, anybody?

I figure that in cases like that, "CIB" can just mean "get every box and instruction that goes with the games that have them; anything that doesn't is exempt".
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2006, 08:55:18 AM »

Nintendo World Championships was a normal release in my book. I don't think you need that to have a complete US release set.

RetroYoungen
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2006, 02:00:53 PM »

The Genesis, again, definately.  Just for the idea that there are games like Stadium Events and Nintendo World Championships 1990 carts out there that are nearly impossible to find, let alone afford.  Plus, the Genny has some great clam-shell boxes that are really, really cool to be able to put out on a shelf and show off, much more noticable and cool lookin'. ^_^

Here is where the witty signature is supposed to go.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2006, 06:40:12 PM »

Genesis because this looks better then loose NES games.  Grin Wink

* Genesis all1.JPG (311.73 KB, 1024x686 - viewed 220 times.)

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2006, 10:09:19 PM »

But loose NES games lookbetter than loose Genny games.(Generally)

I did quick math and approx. 80% of my collection is Complete aswell.
That inculded the hardware. I need to work on that number more...

Oh yea.
Genesis and NES both look sexy when they are all lined up COmplete.

Personally i think NES had better box art.

Also i love cardboard.
Probably because so many people hate it and it is so hard to keep and keep in good or even decent condition.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 10:23:21 PM by Izret101 » Logged

Rejinx
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2006, 10:28:45 PM »

I say don't worry about atari 2600.  I think Intellivision would be way easier to get CIB collection for. Just my $.02

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Rejinx[/img]
My Podcast: www.RetroRundown.com
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2006, 11:11:43 PM »

I say don't worry about atari 2600.  I think Intellivision would be way easier to get CIB collection for. Just my $.02

There are a few games that will kill the bank acount for the Intelli.

Ando
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2006, 07:07:28 AM »

There are a few of those kinds of games for practically any system. Tongue Although, not most new systems nowadays.
chrisbid
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2006, 10:42:13 AM »

i like the genny collection

but if you were to arrange the games a little differently, it would look even better.

there are three major box revisions with genesis games, the first is the black grid boxes, the 89-91 games.  then you have the Red Box games that started in 93 or 94, and finally you have the rest of the games, including the EA and Accolade collections.  getting out of pure alphabetical order is not a mortal sin... you did this with your Sega 32Xcd games. 

shelved boxed collections look very sharp when arranged by packaging type (i place greatest hits games outside of regular versions on modern systems for example)
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2006, 11:42:08 AM »

i like the genny collection

but if you were to arrange the games a little differently, it would look even better.

there are three major box revisions with genesis games, the first is the black grid boxes, the 89-91 games.  then you have the Red Box games that started in 93 or 94, and finally you have the rest of the games, including the EA and Accolade collections.  getting out of pure alphabetical order is not a mortal sin... you did this with your Sega 32Xcd games. 

shelved boxed collections look very sharp when arranged by packaging type (i place greatest hits games outside of regular versions on modern systems for example)

Maybe I will try that. I am about to do another shelf of all Sega CD and Saturn games.

MrMark0673
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2006, 11:59:30 AM »

Who is the lonely loose guy on the 2nd shelf from the top on the second shelf from the right?  I thought loose collecting was for the weak, Scott.  *kidding*
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2006, 12:57:05 PM »

Who is the lonely loose guy on the 2nd shelf from the top on the second shelf from the right?  I thought loose collecting was for the weak, Scott.  *kidding*

It is the Blue Blockbuster Game Factory cart. It doesnt have a box or manual.  Tongue Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length