RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:46:48 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Halo 3 tidbits 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Print
Author Topic: Halo 3 tidbits  (Read 26512 times)
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #180 on: September 24, 2007, 02:00:50 PM »

Yeah, I got a ton of crap too with something as simple as a personal check...

Fortunately my banks ATM is dangerously close to the store, so a return visit to pay in cash usually takes no time at all.

it's thinking
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #181 on: September 24, 2007, 02:04:11 PM »

Oh, and a BIG reminder... in 12 hours, Best Buy is hosting another Free Live Gold dealie for three days...  I haven't ponied up for Gold myself yet, so I'm going to try and get all the multiplayer achievements before it closes.

Starts: 12:01AM  PDT 2007.09.25
Ends: 11:99PM PDT 2007.09.27
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 02:06:15 PM by OatBob » Logged

it's thinking
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #182 on: September 25, 2007, 11:57:49 AM »

BIG PROBLEM with Halo 3.  Has anyone else bought the limited edition halo 3 and found the disc's loose inside the case.  Disc's and metal don't go good together.  So my brand new copy has scratches on the disc.  I plan on playing it tonight and returning it tomorrow for a new one.  You figured they would have put the game into a sleeve. 

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #183 on: September 25, 2007, 12:15:47 PM »

Yeah, I heard about that problem on NeoGAF. Sucks for all you who are affected by it.

http://www.neogaf.com/for...m/showthread.php?t=192476

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #184 on: September 25, 2007, 12:36:01 PM »

You figured they would have learned from past mistakes.  Wishing I bought the regular copy.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #185 on: September 25, 2007, 12:37:46 PM »

I heard about that too. I just picked up my LE and had them open it up on the spot. They replaced the game disk with a new one from the regular edition immediately. They also gave me a sleeve for it.

Too bad they did such a crappy job on the packaging.

But I still can't wait to try out the Forge! Cool

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #186 on: September 25, 2007, 12:48:39 PM »

I heard about that too. I just picked up my LE and had them open it up on the spot. They replaced the game disk with a new one from the regular edition immediately. They also gave me a sleeve for it.

Too bad they did such a crappy job on the packaging.

But I still can't wait to try out the Forge! Cool
Both discs scratched ?  I'm hoping to find a L.E. not scratched or if they'll let me take from a regular edition.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #187 on: September 25, 2007, 01:02:09 PM »

^No. The bonus disk was perfect. There was only a very slight scratch on the game disk, but it was a scratch none the less.

They swapped the game disk for the regular version's. Apparantly, that's how they're taking care of the situation with the LE buyers.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #188 on: September 25, 2007, 01:09:18 PM »

^No. The bonus disk was perfect. There was only a very slight scratch on the game disk, but it was a scratch none the less.

They swapped the game disk for the regular version's. Apparantly, that's how they're taking care of the situation with the LE buyers.
The bonus disc in mine was scratched worse than the game disc. 

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #189 on: September 25, 2007, 02:06:08 PM »

Latest update on the L.E. issue is major chain's like Wal-mart and K-mart are pulling copy's off the shelf.  My wife took mine back and tried to find a good L.E. with no luck.  So I got refunded the 10+ dollars and a regular edition Halo 3.  Microsoft CSR's are going to get an ear full from me tonight.  I'm going to see if I can get the L.E. packaging including the bonus disc.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #190 on: September 25, 2007, 02:25:07 PM »

I guess I'm lucky, then. My bonus disk was in perfect shape since it stayed in place in the packaging. Whoever designed the LE packaging should be forced to deal with all the complaints and replace any returns by hand...that'll teach 'em!  evilhappy

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #191 on: September 25, 2007, 02:55:41 PM »

Thats rediculous.

I'm bidding on a Legendary copy now.

I want that damn helmet.

Yea i still don't have a 360. But why should that stop me from adding to the 360 games i already own?

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #192 on: September 25, 2007, 07:19:08 PM »

Wow, they really should have planned the design of this package better.

I hope all you who got the Limited Edition are able to get this whole thing fixed without a problem.

Phoenix, great job demanding that they open it up on the spot there and see if the disc is scratched.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #193 on: September 25, 2007, 10:44:05 PM »

Wow, they really should have planned the design of this package better.

I hope all you who got the Limited Edition are able to get this whole thing fixed without a problem.

Phoenix, great job demanding that they open it up on the spot there and see if the disc is scratched.

Thanks, man. I'm just glad I saw the article about it last night before I picked up my copy today.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #194 on: September 26, 2007, 08:26:36 AM »

Word on the Forge...freakin awesome!

Not only can you use it as an editor, but it acts as it's own game type.

In other words, you can compete against each other and if you're not around a weapon/item/vehicle that you want, you can make it spawn next to you immediately!...provided that there are $ available in the pool of money to do so.

And all players in the game have access to this pool of $, so once the $ are spent, items need to be deleted to get the $ back. So...if your opponent just spawned a tank and got in it, if you're in edit mode you can make it disappear!

Short of a full-blown, start-from-scratch map editor akin to Far Cry, this is outstanding in its own right and I'm sure will bring out a lot of fun and creative map variants! Cool

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length