RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:49:25 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Smash Bros. Brawl 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Print
Author Topic: Smash Bros. Brawl  (Read 28335 times)
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #165 on: January 29, 2008, 10:28:31 AM »

YES!!

Luigi, Falcon, and Ganondorf!!

www.gonintendo.com

Jake you absolutely made my morning.

hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #166 on: January 29, 2008, 02:39:22 PM »

Okay so after seeing this image at gonintendo.com, I would say it's safe to assume that this roster shown will be the final roster:

Now to review my predictions:
My calls for who's coming back other than Mario, Pikachu, Link, Samus, Fox and Kirby:

Yoshi- They've already shown a Yoshi stage so he's an automatic in.

DK- You just can't have a Nintendo fighting game without DK. 'Nuff said.

Zelda/Sheik- They were very popular in Melee and frankly I would be shocked f they didn't return.

Captain Falcon- Again, very popular and an absolute powerhouse with ridiculous speed. No way he's getting left out.

Ness- I feel as though he's a underdog for return, but he's got a very loyal fanbase that would castrate Sakurai if he wasn't put in.

Ice Climbers- One of the more unique characters, unique enough to have a second go.

Peach- A surefire addition due to her Mario mainstay status, the same as....

Luigi- ...this guy. Impossible to have Smash without them.

Bowser- As painfully slow as he was, the Mario franchise portion of Smash needs a villain.

Falco- I will be SEVERLEY dissapointed if Falco is not in Brawl. He also happened to be the best character in Melee.

Marth- The best player in the USA uses Marth. Although if not for wavedashing Marth would actually suck really bad.

Jigglypuff- Probably the biggest underdog for return. But you can be sure there won't just be one Pokemon in the game.

The Rejects

As for the rest....I heard from a source that Sakurai is not putting in any "clones" in Brawl, so unless they change everyone's move lists, that automatically cancels out Young Link, Ganondorf, Roy, Dr. Mario and Pichu (the worst character ever).

Mewtwo was the second worst chracter in Melee, jokingly dubbed as "The Unfinished Character", so bye-bye.

Game And Watch was a unique character, but unfortunately I don't think he has enough pull from the fans to be considered for Brawl.

The Requests

Fighters I'd like to see:

Sonic- There is a game coming out in 2008 with Mario and Sonic in the same game, so he'd be a logical pick. Besides, Sega, Namco and Nintendo have the "TriForce" thing going on.

Simon Belmont- The legendary whip-wielding hero from Castlevania would be a fresh choice, maybe using those Holy Water and Cross subweapons for "B" attacks.

Derek Stiles- A unique choice from Trauma Center, maybe using forceps and a bandage attack that paralyzes opponents. He would basically be the new Dr. Mario.

Cooking Mama- An oddity character that would use kitchen items (probably no knives, though) and food as attacks. If they could make Game And Watch work, they can make her work, too.

Arthur- Ghosts 'N Goblins, the heyday of NES. If they can ressurect Pit they may as well get this guy out of retirement.

And that's all I got for now. I tried to stick to games I've played, but I have seen some other intersting choices.

So I had to make some adjustments to my standings. I successfully predicted everyone in the first bracket + Sonic, but I went back on my standings on Shiek and Marth, so that counts as 2 losses. Plus I was a complete jackass and voted against Ganondorf, and lost honestly on my standing on Game And Watch, so that would make my final score 13-4. Not a bad score, if I say so myself.

This is also pending on the fact that there might be new info besides what's been released so far, but I'm pretty sure this is it. There's 33 characters in that roster, and I doubt they would probably wanna squeeze anyone else in there.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 02:50:51 PM by hXd » Logged

Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #167 on: January 29, 2008, 03:48:04 PM »

you can play as R.O.B.Huh

speechless

Grin

Running out of games to buy.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #168 on: January 29, 2008, 05:42:50 PM »

you can play as R.O.B.Huh

speechless

Grin

Thats awesome!

hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #169 on: January 31, 2008, 09:50:39 AM »

Supposedly the final unlockable character has been revealed, and it's...

[img width=300 height=223]http://gonintendo.com/wp-content/photos/thumb_33uvomx.jpg[/img]

Wolf, from StarFox.

Sigh, no Simon Belmont. Oh well.

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #170 on: February 03, 2008, 01:47:52 PM »

And, the shit has hit the fan.

http://www.destructoid.co...s-brawl-disk--68272.phtml

Hello World.
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #171 on: February 04, 2008, 12:00:01 AM »

That sounds fake to me. I could be wrong though- the Doc could be an alternate costume, like how Wario has his classic costume as an alternate. Time will tell.

Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #172 on: February 04, 2008, 08:53:40 AM »

Okay so after seeing this image at gonintendo.com, I would say it's safe to assume that this roster shown will be the final roster:

Now to review my predictions:
My calls for who's coming back other than Mario, Pikachu, Link, Samus, Fox and Kirby:

Yoshi- They've already shown a Yoshi stage so he's an automatic in.

DK- You just can't have a Nintendo fighting game without DK. 'Nuff said.

Zelda/Sheik- They were very popular in Melee and frankly I would be shocked f they didn't return.

Captain Falcon- Again, very popular and an absolute powerhouse with ridiculous speed. No way he's getting left out.

Ness- I feel as though he's a underdog for return, but he's got a very loyal fanbase that would castrate Sakurai if he wasn't put in.

Ice Climbers- One of the more unique characters, unique enough to have a second go.

Peach- A surefire addition due to her Mario mainstay status, the same as....

Luigi- ...this guy. Impossible to have Smash without them.

Bowser- As painfully slow as he was, the Mario franchise portion of Smash needs a villain.

Falco- I will be SEVERLEY dissapointed if Falco is not in Brawl. He also happened to be the best character in Melee.

Marth- The best player in the USA uses Marth. Although if not for wavedashing Marth would actually suck really bad.

Jigglypuff- Probably the biggest underdog for return. But you can be sure there won't just be one Pokemon in the game.

The Rejects

As for the rest....I heard from a source that Sakurai is not putting in any "clones" in Brawl, so unless they change everyone's move lists, that automatically cancels out Young Link, Ganondorf, Roy, Dr. Mario and Pichu (the worst character ever).

Mewtwo was the second worst chracter in Melee, jokingly dubbed as "The Unfinished Character", so bye-bye.

Game And Watch was a unique character, but unfortunately I don't think he has enough pull from the fans to be considered for Brawl.

The Requests

Fighters I'd like to see:

Sonic- There is a game coming out in 2008 with Mario and Sonic in the same game, so he'd be a logical pick. Besides, Sega, Namco and Nintendo have the "TriForce" thing going on.

Simon Belmont- The legendary whip-wielding hero from Castlevania would be a fresh choice, maybe using those Holy Water and Cross subweapons for "B" attacks.

Derek Stiles- A unique choice from Trauma Center, maybe using forceps and a bandage attack that paralyzes opponents. He would basically be the new Dr. Mario.

Cooking Mama- An oddity character that would use kitchen items (probably no knives, though) and food as attacks. If they could make Game And Watch work, they can make her work, too.

Arthur- Ghosts 'N Goblins, the heyday of NES. If they can ressurect Pit they may as well get this guy out of retirement.

And that's all I got for now. I tried to stick to games I've played, but I have seen some other intersting choices.

So I had to make some adjustments to my standings. I successfully predicted everyone in the first bracket + Sonic, but I went back on my standings on Shiek and Marth, so that counts as 2 losses. Plus I was a complete jackass and voted against Ganondorf, and lost honestly on my standing on Game And Watch, so that would make my final score 13-4. Not a bad score, if I say so myself.

This is also pending on the fact that there might be new info besides what's been released so far, but I'm pretty sure this is it. There's 33 characters in that roster, and I doubt they would probably wanna squeeze anyone else in there.

Wow what the hell, Falco isn't the best character at all. He's a top tier but there are three broken characters above him, as in they deal way more damage than any other character. Marth, Fox, and Sheik are unbelievably broken, this really can't be argued if you look at their speed, damage they give, throws, spikes, etc.
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #173 on: February 04, 2008, 02:30:44 PM »

100% disclosure, at the time that I wrote that I was a bit biased, as I mained Falco. Since then I've branched out my character taste, and now I tend to main C.Falcon, Samus, and Marth.

OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #174 on: February 08, 2008, 02:06:00 AM »

Smash Bros. Brawl was the #1 selling game in japan last week selling over 820,000 copies.

it's thinking
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #175 on: February 08, 2008, 02:10:06 AM »

Is it bad that I have never played a second of any Smash Bros. game?

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #176 on: February 08, 2008, 04:58:17 AM »

you could be missing out.  Like anything, whether you like it or not is up to your tastes, but you could be missing out on an outstanding game.

This one is best played with friends at parties, or at weekend dorm tourneys. 

it's thinking
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #177 on: February 08, 2008, 11:21:26 AM »

Smash Bros. Brawl was the #1 selling game in japan last week selling over 820,000 copies.
Sad. In one week, it sold 8 times what No More Heroes has done in its lifetime.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #178 on: February 08, 2008, 03:17:29 PM »

you could be missing out.  Like anything, whether you like it or not is up to your tastes, but you could be missing out on an outstanding game.

This one is best played with friends at parties, or at weekend dorm tourneys. 

I need to get in on some hardcore tourney action. The last time I tourneyed was before I moved to Georgia at a toy store. That was a great one.

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #179 on: February 09, 2008, 07:59:06 PM »

Smash Brothers is very heavily hyped mind you, there needs to be more awareness of No More Heroes. No More Heroes still has my greatest interest of all the Wii library.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length