RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:38:39 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | Do you exercise/workout? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Poll
Question: Do you exercise/workout?
Yes, weight training only.
Yes, cardio only.
Yes, weight training and cardio.
No, I have better things to do with my time.
No, but I should.
Other, something not listed above.

Author Topic: Do you exercise/workout?  (Read 35473 times)
UNFORGIVINGPAIN
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« on: June 10, 2007, 09:53:23 AM »

I just started to exercising again and wanted to know who else exercises/workouts.
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 10:31:29 AM »

Mostly cardio every other day, I do very, very light weight training right now, but to stay healthy I run a lot, which is a total blast in hot and humid weather.

Hello World.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 05:54:27 PM »

I said other. Me and my friends are high active, play odd versions of sports (our tennis is dodgeball with and net, rackets, and 30+ tennis balls winging about at high speeds. No one has died yet), and generally we run around alot, although we're slowing down in our old age.

When shall his new form be revealed?
NESJunkie
Sega 32X

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 10:39:18 PM »

I do weights M-F during my lunch break and ride the bike about 15 miles every other day. So i put down both.

I was the 13th member to join this site. My parents were married on Friday the 13th. I was married on the 13th. Feeling lucky?

Here is a link to my profile on VAPS. I am mainly an arcade collector now. http://www.vaps.org/membe...tail.php?member_id=381193
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 11:04:06 PM »

I said other. Me and my friends are high active, play odd versions of sports (our tennis is dodgeball with and net, rackets, and 30+ tennis balls winging about at high speeds. No one has died yet), and generally we run around alot, although we're slowing down in our old age.

i hope no one has died yet with a tennis ball, if you want a real sport go town to the beach and shoot bottle rockets at each other, running around and setting off bottle rockets the whole time.

Tan
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 12:14:05 AM »

Put on some heavy sweaters and masks and run around with .22 cal birdshot  Wink
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 08:44:34 AM »

I currently play hockey twice a week. I used to work out heavy at least 3 times a week. Of course it's been years, and I know I should do something about this, but I've gotten a bit lazy over the years. :embarassed:

When I was in my 20's, I played in 4 hockey leagues (also coached a youth team), skated 2 miles a night on my non game nights and worked out with heavy weights. Oh, and at least 500 sit-ups a night.....

Of course there is no way I have time for all of that now, but I need to pick up at least something else to do.....

R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
You will not be forgotten.

http://www.rfgeneration.c..._nintendo&folder=Coll
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 11:48:37 AM »

I don't I should.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 06:06:54 PM »

I get up every morning at 5:30 (though I sometimes skip a Saturday or Sunday) walk the dog then ride my bike. I've also been walking on my lunchbreak. on my Friday lunchbreak I've been rollerblading. I play floor hockey on Tuedays and Softball on Fridays. it's not a strenous exercise regime by any means but it seems to be helping. I have dropped a pound or two.

atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2007, 06:52:36 PM »

Good topic/poll. I am in the US Army, so it's my job to stay in shape. I focus more so on cardio and run M, W & F. I work on upper body on T, TH & S. Sunday is my lazy day. lol.

Have you played Pitfall II today?

Magewout
RFG Friend
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 01:41:53 PM »

I don't really need it - I eat masses of food every day and still weigh only 60 kg for 1.80m, but I figure I should because I'm totally out of shape. I used to ride my bicycle every day to university, but with exams I'm sitting home all day.
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2007, 01:50:46 PM »

damn, me too

I eat all I can and I still weigh in at 140 pounds (64 kg or 10 stones, if you prefer) at 6'1" (1.85m)

as an afterthought, stones are lame
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 01:53:12 PM by OatBob » Logged

it's thinking
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 08:35:59 PM »

Yeah, I do somewhat. Not as much as I should, but I do Shotokan Karate 3 days a week, and I train on my own throughout the week when I have some time.

Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2007, 09:30:49 PM »

Oh my knid of thread I havent worked out in about a year and a half. The other day the guys were in the weight room lifting and I crawled under the bar and was able to rep 300 for several reps. Which got me inspired to start back.

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2007, 04:22:26 PM »

Damn

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length