RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:38:27 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | Do you exercise/workout? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Poll
Question: Do you exercise/workout?
Yes, weight training only.
Yes, cardio only.
Yes, weight training and cardio.
No, I have better things to do with my time.
No, but I should.
Other, something not listed above.

Author Topic: Do you exercise/workout?  (Read 35469 times)
UNFORGIVINGPAIN
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2007, 08:53:02 AM »

was able to rep 300 for several reps.
Shocked 

We should start a exercise journal like the gaming diary. Problem is I did work out this past week and I'm not sure if I going to do anything today either. Work is and school are killing me.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2007, 06:01:25 PM »

damn, me too

I eat all I can and I still weigh in at 140 pounds (64 kg or 10 stones, if you prefer) at 6'1" (1.85m)

as an afterthought, stones are lame

I thought a stone was ~16lbs...
But your right they are lame.

I picked other.

I am constantly doing heavy and/or repetetive lifting at work.
I've lost 2 inches off my waist and 20(+/-) lbs overall.
Working in the cooler is without a doubt the only perk of my job.

Move/stock/rearrange a couple hundred pounds of gatorade/powerade/water/soda/energy drinks/beer/wine a day.

Never mind frozen foods and the shit we put on the grill.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2007, 03:53:19 PM »

Woah... we have a sport section. When did that happen?

I only do weightlifting and only when I can be bothered. I'm up to 35lb X 10 bicep curls with dumbells. I'd try a bit more weight just to see how much I can do but the bars can only hold 16KG with the weight sizes I've got. I don't even know the names of most of what I do. I just follow a sheet that came with the dumbells, doing different exercises on alternate days.

In the last five or six weeks I've lost 10lbs and I can actually pull my jeans away from my waist and put a cheesy grin on. It's since I stopped drinking beer and we haven't had cakes in the house. Tongue

When I got back into weight lifting six weeks ago I could only do three press ups. Sad Now I'm up to a best of 17. Cheesy Not much but I've got a fair bit of weight to push.
wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2007, 01:30:00 AM »

well ive been sticking to my workouts im now repping 350  and my boy has joined the gym  so I cant let the lad out show me

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2007, 09:34:00 AM »

Now that it's a tad chilly around here for bike riding I've started lifting weights. I don't have a lot of time in the morning to do it but I try to do 10 sets of 10 each day. I alternate the lifts, bench press one day, then curls then back to bench press and so on. I'm still walking every morning and have been doing it with 10 lb ankle weights the past couple weeks.

I think I've lost another pound or two.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2007, 10:45:24 AM »

My weight kind of levelled off once I had lost about 15lbs, which, coincidentally, is when dad came back. I've lost 4 inches off my waist.

I dropped my bicep curls from 16kg x 10 to 10kg x 30 and just this week I changed up to 14kg x 20. I should get some extra weights for bench presses. 20kg isn't enough because I'm doing 50 reps.
Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2007, 10:50:40 PM »

I used to do a decent amount of both, then I got an abdominal hernia and soon after I recovered from that I dislocated one of my shoulders and that lasted a LOT longer than it should have (yet hospital check-ups said it was all ok)...regardless, I haven't started working out again as probably 1-2 years went by in the meantime, and I just got totally out of it.  I'm still in good shape, just lost some muscle tone and about 5kg since then, so it's not THAT bad, but I would still like to start working out again, especially before next summer.  The sad thing is that I live with my twin brother and he's got a large fitness setup in his domain downstairs, yet I've only used it maybe once or twice...

welchracing33
N-Gage
United States

Stats

Champion of

More>>
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2007, 11:24:41 AM »

I dont have time to do weightlifting anymore.(although I would love to) I do have a ton of stretches, along with usually 100 pushups, and 200 situps everyday when I get up and go to bed. I also ride a 20" bike for 30 min/1hour everyday. One day I ride sitting down, next day standing up never stopping the peddling. Thats the training I do to keep me in shape for racing. I would love to run but my knees wont allow it.  Sad

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2007, 11:16:44 PM »

School and the winter months have destroyed my desire / will to work out. As soon as it warms up though and the days are a bit longer, I'll be back out, but right now... no thank so.

I can't wait for June when I have a nice cushy 8-5 (7:30-4:30) job and I don't have that horrible thing known as homework. I love to run. I just wish I had time right now. Damn school and coding the site.

Hello World.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2007, 06:01:11 PM »

I started  spinning class. I have been going to it for a few months.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2007, 12:39:33 AM »

Like weaving? What is spinning?

I don't do nuffin but situps and walk to class.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2007, 11:52:32 AM »

Like weaving? What is spinning?

I don't do nuffin but situps and walk to class.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indoor_cycling

The bike that i use has a 40 pound weight on the front instead of a normal wheel.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2008, 02:53:58 PM »

My weight kind of levelled off once I had lost about 15lbs, which, coincidentally, is when dad came back. I've lost 4 inches off my waist.

I dropped my bicep curls from 16kg x 10 to 10kg x 30 and just this week I changed up to 14kg x 20. I should get some extra weights for bench presses. 20kg isn't enough because I'm doing 50 reps.

I haven't really improved since then. Sad My weight has been very steady, which is an improvement on a year ago. It used to go up or down by 7lbs each week.

I can now do 25 press ups. I was so happy when I finally managed 20 press ups, then I couldn't do any more until I suddenly did 22, then again the next day, then 24, then 25. It's like 20 and 25 are psychological barriers. I can curl 16kg x 13 reps, usually 9kg x 35 reps followed by something else, then another 9kg x 20 reps.

I'm doing crunches now. I do enough until I'm tired, then move on to another exercise, then go back to crunches. I don't know if it's a good thing to do but I tend to do as many as possible of one exercise, as many of another then back to the first one, then back to the second one.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2008, 05:50:51 PM »

I run for 20-30min twice a week, do the usual push-ups & pull-ups and do some light weightlifting.
wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2009, 11:23:41 PM »

well im currently training for a strongman contest this spring so ive been hitting it pretty hard. have passed the 400 mark on my bench and current goal is a 315 overhead press.

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length