RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:41:09 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | Hot Deals, Promotions, Giveaways and Sales. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 112 Print
Author Topic: Hot Deals, Promotions, Giveaways and Sales.  (Read 788317 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #630 on: July 13, 2014, 05:02:44 PM »

DoDonPachi Resurrection (Deluxe Edition) - PAL/JP exclusive game. This is the PAL version which is supposedly region free(excluding Japan who has their own version). Only 14$s for you SHMUP fans.
http://www.play-asia.com/...aOS-13-49-en-70-4plb.html

Thanks Izret!! I picked up one for myself and a few for the store. Great price!

Glad someone saw it amidst all the Skylanders sales Tongue

I was going to grab a copy but can't justify at this time.

That's okay, I bought one of my own to compensate.

See, I get other stuff besides Skylanders... and Nerf guns... and Optimus Prime stuff... and high-quality Sonic Rule 34 illustrations... and Slurpees...

Hey at least you are more diverse than i am lol

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #631 on: July 13, 2014, 05:42:14 PM »

DoDonPachi Resurrection (Deluxe Edition) - PAL/JP exclusive game. This is the PAL version which is supposedly region free(excluding Japan who has their own version). Only 14$s for you SHMUP fans.

See, I get other stuff besides Skylanders... and Nerf guns... and Optimus Prime stuff... and high-quality Sonic Rule 34 illustrations... and Slurpees...

They will be in transit for a little bit so if you change your mind in the next couple weeks and play asia runs out shoot me a message and I'll pass one along to you at cost.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #632 on: July 13, 2014, 06:40:39 PM »

Wink

They will be in transit for a little bit so if you change your mind in the next couple weeks and play asia runs out shoot me a message and I'll pass one along to you at cost.

Did you apply to be a wholesale customer so you could save an extra $1.00 per copy?  Wink

Or did that only apply to U.S.-based resellers?
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #633 on: July 14, 2014, 01:31:12 AM »

I almost thought about clearing the shelf of all the Fortune street they had to re-sell, but after a quick peek on the phone, that title is really dropping in price.

I searched for Fortune Street on Toysrus.com a moment ago, and there were no results. Guess they're all sold out everywhere.
'Late

There were six of them in the bin, priced green 39.99, which would have been 10 bucks each. I already own one for myself that I had bought for 26.99 at gamestop forever ago and was thinking it was still pretty pricey and in demand...but I was wrong and they were selling cheaper than 10 on Ebay and were 17.99 in gamestop. I figured my chances at turning a profit anytime soon on them were slim, so I decided against the investment.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #634 on: July 15, 2014, 10:24:21 AM »

I almost thought about clearing the shelf of all the Fortune street they had to re-sell, but after a quick peek on the phone, that title is really dropping in price.

I searched for Fortune Street on Toysrus.com a moment ago, and there were no results. Guess they're all sold out everywhere.
'Late

There were six of them in the bin, priced green 39.99, which would have been 10 bucks each. I already own one for myself that I had bought for 26.99 at gamestop forever ago and was thinking it was still pretty pricey and in demand...but I was wrong and they were selling cheaper than 10 on Ebay and were 17.99 in gamestop. I figured my chances at turning a profit anytime soon on them were slim, so I decided against the investment.

Just another reason why modern mobile phones with internet access-- and the RF Generation collection app-- are a necessity for the video game collector/reseller. Lord knows it's kept me from making more than a few less-than-sensible buys. It still happens on rare occasions, but not nearly as much as before I acquired this beautiful life-saving technology.

On another note: My copy of DoDonPachi Resurrection has shipped. Probably be a few weeks before I see it, though.

And speaking of Play-Asia: Their latest weekly deal is Tales of Symphonia Chronicles for PS3, at a little better than half-price.

http://www.play-asia.com/...aOS-13-49-en-70-2bqc.html

Judging from the screenshots, it sure looks lovely. Not sure I'd be into it myself, though. Especially when I found out it features "ability to capture and battle with over 200 monsters." Sounds a bit too Pokemonish to me.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to preorder a Skylanders Trap Team starter set.

'Late
Sega2099
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #635 on: July 18, 2014, 09:36:27 PM »

I believe Best Buy is having a deal on Nintendo 3DS XL starting July 20th.

169.99 for the system and buy one get one free on select games.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #636 on: July 19, 2014, 08:50:09 AM »

Steam is having some respectable sales in honor of Quakecon.  One can find deals on games such as the classic Doom series, the Quake series, the MDK series, the Heretic/HeXen series, as well as many others.  While the individual prices are good, the packages are where it's at, netting you savings of about 50% (at least).  Personally, I plan on grabbing the classic Wolfenstein games and maybe the classic Doom games.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #637 on: July 19, 2014, 09:52:09 AM »

Same thing on XBLA for the weekend.
Quake Arena Arcade - 2.50
http://marketplace.xbox.c...15-d802584108c8?cid=SLink

Doom 2.50
http://marketplace.xbox.c...15-d80258410824?cid=SLink

Doom II 2.50
http://marketplace.xbox.c...15-d802584109b6?cid=SLink

Wolfenstein 3D 2.50 (If you bought this a couple years ago double check to see if you own this version. Was re-released by a new publisher with stackable gamerscore)
http://marketplace.xbox.c...15-d802584109cb?cid=SLink

Unrelated
Abyss Odyssey has an intro price of 9.99 before jumping to 14.99
http://marketplace.xbox.c...15-d80258411427?cid=SLink

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #638 on: July 20, 2014, 05:16:42 AM »

b1g1 3DS games
http://t.co/ctjvAAc0qv

Bravely Default, Mario Golf, Disney Magical World, Yoshis New Island, Tomodachi Life, LoZ: Link Between Worlds, Mario Party, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Pokemon X, Y
Not trash like that submarine game Tongue

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #639 on: July 20, 2014, 08:52:18 AM »

Hey now,

b1g1 3DS games
http://t.co/ctjvAAc0qv

Bravely Default, Mario Golf, Disney Magical World, Yoshis New Island, Tomodachi Life, LoZ: Link Between Worlds, Mario Party, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Pokemon X, Y
Not trash like that submarine game Tongue

Whattaya talkin' 'bout? SteelDiver was teh titz!

Please note that you can order your games online and either have them reserved for pickup at a Best Buy nearby, or you can have them shipped to your house. Adding to the fun, you can select free standard shipping on orders of $35.00 or more. So if you're considering getting Mario Golf, Disney Magical World, Kirby Triple Deluxe, or Tomodachi Life-- and God knows why you'd want any of those, Kirby notwithstanding-- be sure to pair it up with one of the $39.99 titles. Except for Pokemon X and Y that is. You know, if you ever want me to have any respect for you ever again.

I had to go the ship-to-home route with a few desired games, since the availability-search tool stated that none were available in any of the Best Buys within 50 miles of me. Or, in the case of Bravely Default, anywhere on the planet at all, apparently.

Adding to the frustration, I tried to put four of the promo games into one online order. But when I went to the order review page, only one game was discounted, rather than two. So I went back and split it into two separate orders of two games each, which worked out.

After going through all that, I'm starting to wonder if taking advantage of this promo was worth the effort. Oh, who am I kidding: OF COURSE it was!

Now to go check Amazon.com to see if they've reacted to this sale...

UPDATE: I was just sent an e-mail stating that the store-pickup order I made is not yet ready because the store is closed right now. Wait, you mean Best Buy isn't open at 7AM on Sundays? Now I've seen everything...

'Late
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 09:06:33 AM by Zagnorch » Logged
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #640 on: July 20, 2014, 09:07:24 AM »

I believe i read about one of their competitors taking trade ins on Pokemons @ 40$s.
I could be wrong.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #641 on: July 20, 2014, 09:24:03 AM »

Thanks for the heads up! My local stores don't have copies, but the standard shipping is free. I ordered Zelda and Tomodachi Life.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #642 on: July 20, 2014, 09:42:07 AM »

I believe i read about one of their competitors taking trade ins on Pokemons @ 40$s.
I could be wrong.

Well, find out which one so I can completely whore myself out and take advantage!

Integrity is overrated, anyway.

Thanks for the heads up! My local stores don't have copies, but the standard shipping is free. I ordered Zelda and Tomodachi Life.

There were six on the list I was interested in, but only two were available at the nearest store.

Actually, I've discovered that, even if the website states that a particular store doesn't have a certain item, when I go to that store a little later it might actually have one or two left. I found this out when Best Buy had those summer video game blowout sales a few years back. Apparently there's some lag between the website's availability feature, and the brick-and-mortar store's inventory updates.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 09:47:56 AM by Zagnorch » Logged
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #643 on: July 20, 2014, 11:12:13 AM »

Also if it is limiting your discount make multiple purchases of 2 games.
One paid one free.

Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #644 on: July 21, 2014, 10:29:45 AM »

Bought bravely default and got a link between worlds free.  If your best buy is sold out and you dont want to wait for them to be shipped,  Wal-Mart will price match this as well. 
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 112 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length