RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:56:46 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | 3DO - Anyone else a fan of those Long Boxes? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 3DO - Anyone else a fan of those Long Boxes?  (Read 2031 times)
Marriott_Guy
Console Librarian
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« on: July 06, 2007, 06:28:31 PM »

OK.  I admit right now that I am probably in the minority.  But is there anyone else out there that is a fan of the original 3DO game packaging (or the games for that matter)?  I was one of the 6 or so people that actually plucked down $699 for the 3DO FZ-1 model the very first day it was released.  I am not sure if that is why I have a certain affinity to wards the system or not - the system had a few standout games, but overall nothing really to speak of.

Let me know your thoughts.  Also, interested parties please contact me if you want to trade/sell excess CIB games for this system.

Terry  |  Marriott_Guy

Video Game Console Library  |  http://www.videogameconsolelibrary.com
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 07:34:43 PM »

I like them because the are different. But that also makes then harder to keep on the shelf with my current set up. Then again I only have one big box game and two "adult" title. The adult titles are in a normal CD case though. Now all I need is a 3DO system.

Tan
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 07:50:48 PM »

The 3DO is what got me seriously into racing games with Need for Speed, well before I played Ridge Racer on the PlayStation. It's also one of those obscure systems from my youth that eventually I'll get into at some point. I also like the packaging as well, looks nice on a shelf like Sega CD or Saturn does.
Grim Fandango
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 12:03:57 AM »

I love the long boxes as well. There are 4 different box styles  that I know of; a standard cardboard box (shown: plumbers dont wear ties), a cardboard box with the plastic snap (shown: Immercenary), a cardboard "book" style box (shown: Lost Eden), and a giant regular cardboard box (shown: Zhadnost). The "book" style is my favorite.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 11:36:43 AM »

Thanks for the pictire. I didnt know they had that many different. Th game I have is in the Zhadnost style box. Daedalus Encounter is the game I have.

bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 01:35:42 PM »

Nice, my only question is how come none of those are scanned and entered into our database for all to enjoy!!

I need more room for all my $#!%
Marriott_Guy
Console Librarian
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 05:26:41 PM »

I agree with everyone that they are kind of cool in their own way, due to their uniqueness and general variety.  As stated, they do eat up a great deal of shelf room - I only wish they stood up as well as the Sega CD or Saturn games do.  With some of those flimsy standard boxes, those get squashed pretty easily.  I am also a big fan of the 'book-style' longbox - those present well and are sturdy.

Terry  |  Marriott_Guy

Video Game Console Library  |  http://www.videogameconsolelibrary.com
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 11:16:43 AM »

I too am a fan of the longboy's.  I really like the cover art on Night Trap and Immercenary

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length