RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:24:17 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | What good things did Bush do? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: What good things did Bush do?  (Read 3906 times)
Mike Leon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2004, 02:59:29 PM »

I wouldn't say invading Afghanistan has eradicated Al Quada, so it's not like that worked. It seems that it only made a lot more people angry at the USA.  But if you want to continue jabbering about this, feel free to open a new topic. It's not the point of discussion here.

Hmm. That sure looks like more criticism without any actual valid contribution.

I could stand to have my Wii serviced right about now.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2004, 03:12:16 PM »

That's right. Your life has "last all meaning".

It's called a typo.  Grow up.  The guy speaks better English than most of the poeple on this board, and until you can both speak another language half as well as he can AND avoid all typos, shut up about things like this.

Apparently, you also enjoy the oppression and execution of women (a major part of the Taliban regime) for petty religious reasons. Bigoted, religious extemists like you make me sick.

WHAT?!?!!?!  He never said anything REMOTELY close to this.

Furthermore, no matter how many countries disagreed with the invasion of Afghanistan, the list of countries that disagreed with the Taliban's invasion of America is much, much longer.

al Quaeda.

If you still see fit to speak stupidity, then I challenge you to this simple exercise; Come up with a valid and realistic plan for eradicating Al Queda and the Taliban, which does not involve the invasion of ANY country. If your next post in this thread is anything other than such a plan, all you have done is prove that you are only fit to criticize, without offering any valid contribution.

That's not even what this thread is about.  Maybe you should learn to stay on topic.

And to be honest Arr (not to insult), you are not from this country thus most (not all) people dont care what you're opinion of us is.

That's why almost every nation in the world has rebelled against America at one time or another.  People in this country forget about this little thing called the world.

Everyone in the US was Gung-Ho for the wars and now they are stepping back and saying. "wow i really should have thought more about it. We have tons of our people dieing over there."

That's incorrect.  I opposed the war from day one.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2004, 03:12:48 PM by admin » Logged

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2004, 03:36:45 PM »

Quote:And to be honest Arr (not to insult), you are not from this country thus most (not all) people dont care what you're opinion of us is.  

That's why almost every nation in the world has rebelled against America at one time or another.  People in this country forget about this little thing called the world.

I know this and i am 16 its too bad people who are supposed to make the tough decisions dont'. That is also why i added the stuff in parentheses. But i dont agree with what Kerry said about "passing the global test".

Quote:Everyone in the US was Gung-Ho for the wars and now they are stepping back and saying. "wow i really should have thought more about it. We have tons of our people dieing over there."  

That's incorrect.  I opposed the war from day one.

I wasnt completly apposed to it. What we say doesnt really matter because it wasn't us who made the decision to go to war is it?

Leon is definately a anarchist. But he helped me out with something once(dont remember what) so i will keep off his case.
I will try to refrain from posting here. Beacause i will follow where ever the conversation leads.
Just for future referance if you talk anything politics it never stays on topic. Wink

Mike Leon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2004, 03:40:48 PM »

1. Low, but still worth picking on.
2. He didn't say anything about opposing the Taliban. In fact, he's speaking for it most of the time.
3. The Taliban is just what Al Qaida call themselves when they don't want to sound like terrorists. If it makes you feel better, I will modify that sentence so it says "Al Qaida" rather than "Taliban". My words will retain the exact same meaning either way, so why did you even bother?
4. You can't come up with an answer either.

I would also like to address the fact that people are crying flamer and complaining that this is off-topic. This is not off-topic. When someone starts a thread under the guise of asking an unbiased question, and then spends the entire first paragraph of their first post insulting the thing they are asking the question about, then they are only getting what they had coming. What's amazing is that anyone would complain about it. That's as childish as crying "I'm bulletproof" while playing Cops and Robbers.

Bla bla bla.
Still waiting for the accused to stand up for HIMSELF.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2004, 03:41:45 PM by The_Evil_Leon » Logged

Odonadon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2004, 10:34:28 PM »

Leon - stating facts is not the same thing as insulting, and it means something significant for you to take it as such.

Now, why is it there is always at least one person who doesn't simply take a disagreeing point of view, but resorts to calling someone a "bigot " and "religious fanatic" for no apparent reason?  I've been in many similar discussions on many different boards that start out innocent, until someone gets VERY offended (as Leon here has) and turns it into something bigger.

From a Canadian point of view, Bush did (and is doing) something very wrong.  The intent is fine, but how he is going about it.... well, a lot of people (including Americans) don't agree with.  I'm against it too - I think Bush is an idiot, and a very dangerous idiot.

One thing that's important to keep in mind is that nobody is 100% evil.  I'm sure Bin Laden enjoys doing some of the same things you do - like eating tastey food, enjoying a sunrise, etc.  He happens to be a fanatic, and think the US is inherently evil for some reason.  Now he's viewing you the same way you view him.  Black and white - good or evil.  You think you are good, and Bin Laden is evil.  Bin Laden thinks he is good, and you are evil.  What we have here is a difference of opinion, on a big violent scale.  People have been killed brutally on both sides, the only difference is who started it.

Anyway, I think accusing Arrr of being a Taliban cooperator is a little crazy, don't you think?

OD

If Jesus were alive today I'm sure he'd own a PS2.
http://turbo2k.net - TurboGrafx-16 Megasite.
Mike Leon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2004, 12:55:59 PM »

That's a nifty 5th grade level philosophical dispute you bring up there, but ultimately I don't care about "good" or "evil" those aren't a part of my way of thinking. I don't care about the other guy's point of view either. I don't care who started it. I care about ending it, with my side coming out on top. This is all that matters.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2004, 10:07:31 PM »

This is way out of hand.  The insults need to stop, because I don't want to have to ban anyone here.  This thread is hereby LOCKED.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length