RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:32:13 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | What good things did Bush do? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: What good things did Bush do?  (Read 4247 times)
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« on: October 04, 2004, 05:31:55 AM »

I hear a lot about the things Bush did.
He supposedly cut taxes for the rich. He started 2 wars, both with very dubious reasons, which have resulted in the death of at least a thousand us soldiers and a lot more other people. He lied about the reasons to start these wars. And after all this time, the 'threat of terror' still isn't lower.

But for some reason he's still very popular. About half of the people in the USA would vote for him in the next elections. So I was wondering, what good things did Bush do since he became president?

This is a serious question and I'm not trying to start flame wars or anything. I'm just very curious, because I can't remember ever having heard something positive he did. Something that made the life of the average american easier, something that made the world a better place.
Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2004, 07:34:33 AM »

To be honest, I don't know if he's done anything good for the Average American.  If I were old enough to vote this November I wouldn't vote for him.  

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2004, 07:58:04 AM »

A big part of American politics is political party.  Many of the people you mentioned that will vote for Bush in the upcoming election will do so for no other reason than that he is a Republican and they are Republicans.  It's quite stupid, really.  This hasn't been getting a lot of press, but Bush signed a bill to outlaw partial birth abortions.  MANY people decide who to vote for in a presidential election based on nothing more than what their stance on abortion is.  Again, this is a pretty narrow view of the political process.

Another thing you have to remember is that Americans in general are stupid.  Bush tells them that the enemy has attacked us, and we MUST invade Iraq.  Many people here don't actually know where Iraq is, but if the President says we have to get those evil heathan towel-heads, we had better.  (I hope you can read my sarcasm.)  Take a look at the article I've attached.  People just don't have any idea what is going on.  Name an operation "Operation Iraqi Freedom" and people will think that's actually the objective.  The U.S. isn't some lovey dovey humanitarian megagiant.  If you really need me to come up with a list of why, I can, but that is rather unnecessary.

* iraq.jpg (274.31 KB, 435x1708 - viewed 164 times.)

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2004, 08:00:22 AM »

Yesyes, he's evil, I know.

But you're saying he hasn't done anything to improve the USA?
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2004, 08:03:54 AM »

I'm trying to think of something, but I don't really see much.  He could have definitely done worse, but I don't see much he did right.  You knew that was my position already.  My post was more to get across the point that many Americans don't actually vote based on the good or bad things a candidate does - it's often simply what party they are or their stance on a single issue.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2004, 08:14:19 AM »

The original title was "Operation Iraqi Liberation" or OIL for short.  

Oh, and everything in American politics is about money, plain and simple.  

And most of the voters dont know jack about the person they are voting for, most just vote as their parents do.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2004, 12:14:31 PM »

I don't think Bush has done anything great.  He has pretty much just kept the status quo as far as everyday American life is concerned.  The upcoming election has me a little concerned though.  I don't like either candidate enough to vote for them.  

Also it is hard to really find much that Bush has done well because his detractors are much more vocal than his supporters.  I'm not trying to say that there is some Anti-Bush conspiracy, but when Michael Moore is making huge movies about what a dick you are, it's a little hard to get press for creating 100 new jobs in southern Oklahoma.  I almost hope Bush doesn't get re-elected so I don't have to hear all of these whiny celebrities talk about how evil he is constantly.
Mike Leon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2004, 01:50:22 PM »

He started 2 wars, both with very dubious reason

You can argue that the war in Iraq is for dubious reasons and that's your opinion, but never, ever, ever, ever insult the people of this country by implying that there are any reasons for the Afghan war other than this one.

* New_York-911-2.jpg (9.85 KB, 371x214 - viewed 163 times.)

I could stand to have my Wii serviced right about now.
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2004, 02:12:15 PM »

Well, Afghanistan didn't attack those towers, Al quada did. That makes it at least a little dubious to attack Afghanistan. Especially because it was quite obvious that attacking Afghanistan wouldn't mean the end of al quada.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2004, 02:19:29 PM »

Besides, the "war" in Afghanistan has been on the back-burner for years now.  I didn't agree with what Bush did there in the first place, but the fact that he used Americans' ignorance and anger to turn the focus to Iraq pisses me off the most.

Mike Leon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2004, 02:20:39 PM »

And Al Queda was in league with (if not the same body as) the Taliban (the governing body of Afghanistan). Even if you disagree with this, you still cannot disagree that most of Al Queda's forces were located in Afghanistan. The Taliban would not allow us to enter Afghanistan to get them, thus an invasion was the only option.

The bottom line is, you need to stop. There is a difference between speaking your opinion and just sounding like an idiot. If you modify your original post to say "1 war" I might forgive you for this heresy, but you still have lost all credibility on all things forever to me, and to anyone who agrees with me. You will probably never gain that back.

Continue to speak nonsense and I will eventually get you, even if I have to swim.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2004, 02:43:35 PM by The_Evil_Leon » Logged

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2004, 02:29:25 PM »

Oh no! I lost all credibility from a right wing extremist! He doesn't take me serious anymore! Whatever will I do, now life has last all meaning!?!?

And yes, most of al quada was located in Afghanistan, but it was still dubious to just attack them. Just look at how many countries disagreed with it before you started. But let's get back to the subject of this thread, you think attacking Afghanistan was one of the good things Bush did, I assume?
Mike Leon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2004, 02:43:18 PM »

That's right. Your life has "last all meaning". Apparently, you also enjoy the oppression and execution of women (a major part of the Taliban regime) for petty religious reasons. Bigoted, religious extemists like you make me sick.  Furthermore, no matter how many countries disagreed with the invasion of Afghanistan, the list of countries that disagreed with the Taliban's invasion of America is much, much longer.

If you still see fit to speak stupidity, then I challenge you to this simple exercise; Come up with a valid and realistic plan for eradicating Al Queda and the Taliban, which does not involve the invasion of ANY country. If your next post in this thread is anything other than such a plan, all you have done is prove that you are only fit to criticize, without offering any valid contribution.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2004, 02:45:52 PM by The_Evil_Leon » Logged

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2004, 02:52:39 PM »

Was this not supposed to turn into flaming?

Anyways bitching about the war is useless. And to be honest Arr (not to insult), you are not from this country thus most (not all) people dont care what you're opinion of us is. Everyone in the US was Gung-Ho for the wars and now they are stepping back and saying. "wow i really should have thought more about it. We have tons of our people dieing over there."

And if you were someone who said anything that could be misconstrued against the government after 9 11 you where unpatriotic and usually wer physically or indirectly attacked.

We went to war and no amount of saying it was wrong is going to get us out of there faster, this is going to be like another Vietnam. (Should we send Kerry over to patrol?)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2004, 02:53:41 PM by IZRET101 » Logged

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2004, 02:53:11 PM »

I wouldn't say invading Afghanistan has eradicated Al Quada, so it's not like that worked. It seems that it only made a lot more people angry at the USA.  But if you want to continue jabbering about this, feel free to open a new topic. It's not the point of discussion here.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length