RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:42:03 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | Flag Change 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Flag Change  (Read 2442 times)
dotDarkCloud (dDC)
Sega 32X
Canada

Stats

Champion of

« on: October 30, 2007, 09:26:41 AM »

Now, I know I'm just a minor member of this site, and this is my first post, but I have one thing bothering me that I'd like to see changed. The flag used for North American Games. I'd like to see it changed into something like 1/2 US 1/2 Canadian, or 1/3 US 1/3 Canadian 1/3 Mexican. Just to be a little more fair, represent all of us, the way Europe has the EU flag. I can't see that being a big project, just a quick opening of photoshop. I'd like to see that change, even if the majority of North American users are US.
Thanks,
Matt

"...shut up, shut up, shut up.... You're all nuts! Shut up! Let me talk. " - Free Waterfall Jr.
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 10:37:35 AM »

There actually was a flag that was 1/3 Mexican, 1/3 Canadian, and 1/3 US for a short time.  But nobody really liked it and it was changed back to the US flag. 
See this thread: http://www.rfgeneration.c...um/index.php?topic=6239.0

We've lost power in the forward Game Boy, Mario is not responding
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 01:46:59 PM »

In time we will be bringing that flag back or one similair too it.

As someone stated before we might as well use Britains flag for all of our European games instead of the current flag we have now.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 03:33:27 PM »

I believe the next big update we will see a new flag.

dotDarkCloud (dDC)
Sega 32X
Canada

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 12:18:08 PM »

Ah, that thread explained a lot. So people didn't like it eh? How bad was it? And when is this next big update going to possibly happen?
Too bad there isn't a North American Flag like the EU Flag and the AU Flag.
There's always the NAFTA flag, but it's just the three flags combined.

"...shut up, shut up, shut up.... You're all nuts! Shut up! Let me talk. " - Free Waterfall Jr.
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 09:08:57 PM »

The two programmers of the site are in their senior year of engineering. Both of them have a senior project to do, and the PHP programmer also has another class project that he is managing. In addition, the PHP programmer is also responsible for making sure this site is running and all the administrative stuff associated with that. Needless to say, the programmers are stupidly busy right now. Things are being developed piecemeal right now, and we hope that something concrete will come out of it by Christmas. Both programmers have an entire month off between quarters. They also have that Thanksgiving break to work on things, but Thanksgiving break happens to coincide with college hell week. So yeah... stay tuned...

Hello World.
dotDarkCloud (dDC)
Sega 32X
Canada

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 06:39:51 AM »

I got a month off too! Awesome!
In an off-topic question: in the states, do you call all post-secondary institutions colleges? It seems to me you refer to both universities and colleges as such, is this true?

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 01:43:42 PM »

Post Secondary includes University and or college. In the US, you can go to a university yet be "going to college". The converse of that can generally not be said. Lower level colleges are generally called "community college." Within universities are colleges. I, for example, am a student of civil engineering in the college of engineering at the University of Cincinnati. I am in a mandatory 5 year program. (co-op)

Hello World.
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 08:05:43 AM »

In all honesty, isn't it pretty much the standard that euro games get the euro flag, US games get the North America flag, and Jap games get the Jap flag. I mean aside from not likening how that little flag looked in the slightest, outside the US people see the North America flag and see it as all of America. Hell I know I do, I didn't even know there was a discriminating issue at all until RF brought it up since everywhere just uses the US flag to represent US games.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length