RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:46:42 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Community Database Project Discussion Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Community Database Project Discussion Thread  (Read 3870 times)
Tan
« on: February 05, 2008, 10:55:51 PM »

This is a discussion thread open to everyone to discuss our community projects and to offer advice, insight and suggestions for project leaders, members and everyone else to read and respond to.

If your unsure what these community projects are, please check out the blog entry located here:

http://www.rfgeneration.c...Database-Projects-485.php

Thank you,
Keith
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 10:58:00 PM by Tan » Logged
jcalder8
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 01:40:31 AM »

I think that this is a great idea that should be fun for everyone.
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 02:02:44 AM »

can I sit by myself in the corner? I get nervous during group activities...

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
Tan
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 01:02:59 PM »

I'll also mention that the faster we can finish a system you may not own or like, the sooner we can get to ones you do. The first project has already been chosen because it is partially completed and has an extensive library of scans. We have new guidelines ready to be published that explain each part of a game page in detail as well as updated hardware and image guidelines to make all of this much much easier for everyone.

You can also offer input to which projects we'll work on in the future. If the members all want a particular system done, then we'll do our best to co-ordinate a project in that section.

@ Bad Enough Dude:
No worries, we've got a dark empty cubicle in the corner for you, your PC and your scanner. Wink
pepsidrinker
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 10:52:43 PM »

Sounds great, I will gladly help with whatever I can. I probably should of asked before I did this but it's easy enough to fix for the control scheme on a game I edited with updated information I put "Analog Control Compatible" as not every Playstation 1 game can use those controls if you guys don't like I will leave it at standard control from now on.

EDIT: I know there is other cover projects and such but it would be nice if the scanning requirements went along the lines so others can patch up their games with high quality cover art, etc. so if someone chooses to can go to print shop and fix them up. 

EDIT 2: As you want to be a complete database and the best all around as some games use Analog Control like said above but also some games have Vibration Function also is that something you guys are interested in adding?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 11:08:02 PM by pepsidrinker » Logged

When you read and understand the work of a world's leading expert, you can become the world's second leading expert.
ApolloBoy
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 04:12:15 PM »

If you plan to form a Famicom or PC Engine community database, I'd be more than happy to join.

Tan
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 06:55:24 PM »

Ideally we'd like to choose projects based on community feedback, meaning whatever section the majority wishes finished will be the next one in line. But another factor to consider is availability of information. As it stands, detailed retail info like UPCs, part numbers, release dates etc. are easier to find for newer systems than older ones. Gamecube and PS2 would be suitable systems to work on next because of this, but we can really choose anything the members want to.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length