RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:14:35 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Random Photo Thread 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 200 Print
Author Topic: Random Photo Thread  (Read 731296 times)
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1725 on: April 28, 2008, 09:03:54 AM »

Working now.  The forum script added an extra "http://" to my link.

Blame the forum, will you? Wink

Hello World.
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1726 on: April 28, 2008, 08:22:03 PM »

Some more pictures of springtime:

(Not part of spring.)

(Click for more.)

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1727 on: April 29, 2008, 06:10:23 AM »

James, you sure do know your camera lingo and such. Your pictures are always great. You too, hydrobond.

(Goes and takes picture with 3.1 megapixel camera-cries-eats candy) Tongue

Tell me about your variants...
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1728 on: April 29, 2008, 11:11:36 AM »

Yo, James, find chicks wearing sheer clothing with that lens = $$$ on teh interbutts.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1729 on: April 29, 2008, 07:06:35 PM »

^
A polarizer won't really do much to see through clothing.  All it does is stop light that is polarized in one direction from passing through.  They are designed to reduce glare by not allowing vertically polarized light though, yet allowing horizontally polarized light to pass.  i.e. you wont see light reflected directly from the sun, but only what has indirectly reflected from other objects. 

What you really want is a filter that only lets infrared light pass.  A lot of clothing is invisible to infrared light, and some digital cameras are actually quite good at picking up the infrared spectrum.  (i.e. any camera that has a "night vision" mode.)   (also note that this is different from the infrared cameras that let you detect temperature remotely.) 

Also, that is illegal, naughty and you should be ashamed of yourself.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1730 on: May 10, 2008, 05:19:11 AM »

I've been making a Mini model this week. I want to buy a real one, and this paint scheme is how I want it to look. The model isn't brilliantly made but I'm happy enough with it which is all that matters. I airbrushed it and it's come out with an orange peel texture which I unsuccessfully tried to get rid of.

Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #1731 on: May 11, 2008, 12:27:38 PM »

i had a Mini once, 89 F, black with qhite roof, black and white striped seats and red seat belts! was top shit but had to stop driving it and leave it at my dads where the clutch seized Sad

Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #1732 on: May 28, 2008, 09:11:27 AM »

here's a few pics of my new place

first a few from the front room. 

now the kitchen.

I'm cleaning that shit up today.

now down to my awesome basement room.

here's the fort where we play D&D

my shitty ass computer set up.  I hope to get a desk or table down here pretty soon.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1733 on: May 31, 2008, 01:47:08 PM »

I put a deposit on a car today.  Grin It's a bit tatty but it was half the price of similar condition Minis selling at the moment. I'll be picking it up next weekend. It's completely standard so it doesn't have other people's custom crap on it, which helps bring the price down and leaves it open for me to do up the way I want.

It has dents, scratches and spots of rust but overall it's pretty solid, so it shouldn't be too much to sort out the cosmetics.

I realise it looks a wreck but it's really not that bad.
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1734 on: May 31, 2008, 02:00:56 PM »

Are you going to paint it? That's pretty cool car.

Hello World.
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1735 on: May 31, 2008, 02:12:10 PM »

It will eventually need painting. First it needs to go through its annual road worthiness test next month. It hasn't done many miles at all since last year's and I couldn't see anything untoward so I expect it should get through ok. After that it needs a few new panels which will of course need painting. It's had two new A-panels (the black bits between the doors and front wings.) which need painting.

I could go with the rat look but I don't think it would last long.
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1736 on: May 31, 2008, 02:49:17 PM »

Out of sheer curiosity, what is a road worthiness test?

Hello World.
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1737 on: May 31, 2008, 03:07:53 PM »

It's called the MOT [test]. It checks all the lights are working as they should, tyre treads are as deep as they should be, no severe rust near structural points, wheels are bolted on properly and other general things that make sure it's safe to drive on the road. New cars don't need an MOT for the first three years but on the third year they need to have annual checks.

Then the tax runs out at the end of July, which is a month longer than I was expecting. I can get 6 months of tax which will put it at February next year, then I'll pay for a full year then. It means it's not such a big financial blow with tax and test coming at roughly the same time.

I'm looking forward to next Saturday now. Grin
Tan
« Reply #1738 on: May 31, 2008, 06:38:03 PM »

To reciprocate, you guys have nothing like that down there? Here we have what called MVI (Motor Vehicle Inspection). A yearly mechanical check that looks at your structural integrity of your vehicle, windshields, lights, brakes, safety equipment etc etc. Cost about $30 a year or so.

If you fail the test your have like 15 days to fix it if it's a major problem, then your vehicle is no longer legal for the road. Without a valid inspection you can't get car insurance either. On the corner of the windshield and on the license plates are colour coded stickers with your inspection numbers, different colour each year for easy spotting by law enforcement. Other parts in Canada it isn't yearly but they have roadside checkpoints that do the same thing spontaneously and without warning.
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #1739 on: May 31, 2008, 06:47:25 PM »

To reciprocate, you guys have nothing like that down there? Here we have what called MVI (Motor Vehicle Inspection). A yearly mechanical check that looks at your structural integrity of your vehicle, windshields, lights, brakes, safety equipment etc etc. Cost about $30 a year or so.

If you fail the test your have like 15 days to fix it if it's a major problem, then your vehicle is no longer legal for the road. Without a valid inspection you can't get car insurance either. On the corner of the windshield and on the license plates are colour coded stickers with your inspection numbers, different colour each year for easy spotting by law enforcement. Other parts in Canada it isn't yearly but they have roadside checkpoints that do the same thing spontaneously and without warning.
It must be a State by State basis, because I know Pennsylvania has something just like that, but in Ohio, we don't.

We've lost power in the forward Game Boy, Mario is not responding
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 200 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length