RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:41:23 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Killzone 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Killzone 2  (Read 10695 times)
cant-grow-up
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 11:52:27 PM »

Ive been keeping an eye on killzone 2 and am really excited to see how it does (loved the first) but ive got a 360 so I guess ill stick with bioshock

remembering the old times of late nights with the genesis

wishlist:Pico-3DO-Jaguar-Nomad-Xbox-NES
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 03:05:43 PM »

I broke down and pre-ordered it from amazon.  Its $56.99, but they also have a coupon KZ2SAVE5 which brings the price down to 51.99.  Plus they have free shipping, so I bought it. Smiley  And they also include Killzone themed Home stuff YEAH... not Grin
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2009, 02:58:09 AM »

It's been getting fantastic reviews. Sadly I'll likely never play it. I don't know anyone besides my brother who owns a PS3.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2009, 12:12:22 PM »

It's been getting fantastic reviews. Sadly I'll likely never play it. I don't know anyone besides my brother who owns a PS3.

I hear ya. I know a couple of people that have the PS3, but I'm still not interested in the system until it drops to at least under $200. When my friends and I get together to play multiplayer we all have 360's.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 12:14:43 PM by phoenix1967 » Logged

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2009, 12:38:23 PM »

I hear ya. I know a couple of people that have the PS3, but I'm still not interested in the system until it drops to at least under $200. When my friends and I get together to play multiplayer we all have 360's.
Microsoft really knew what they were doing with the 360.

It seems to be more important to be the first on the next gen market than making the best system. Now that I think about it, many "worse" systems won a console generation, because they were first for sale.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2009, 01:37:20 PM »

Microsoft really knew what they were doing with the 360.

It seems to be more important to be the first on the next gen market than making the best system. Now that I think about it, many "worse" systems won a console generation, because they were first for sale.

Not so sure about the importance of being 1st to market. Nintendo came out a year after the 360 and it's the leader this generation and is selling out everywhere.

When 360 is compared to PS3 as the 1st to market, though, by coming out early the 360 may have included less overall features (i.e. no Blu-Ray or WiFi installed) but the gaming capabilities are more than comparable for graphics, sound, etc. to make up for it, imo.  The features on XBL and XBLA help its case as well. And you weren't forced into paying for a Blu-Ray player as a cost of the console like Sony imposed upon it's gaming audience.

The other thing to also consider is that the original Xbox was more geared toward multiplayer (offline because it had 4 controller ports standard & online through the evolution of XBox Live) than the PS2 or GC even thought to target at the time. So yeah, I agree that MS knew what it was doing with the 360. Cool

That all being said, though, Killzone 2 has been getting solid reviews across the board for PS3 owners. But there still isn't enough in the PS3 library to convince me to drop the cash on it. If a God of War 3 bundle comes in at under $200, though, I'd have to seriously consider it.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2009, 01:49:21 PM »

Not so sure about the importance of being 1st to market. Nintendo came out a year after the 360 and it's the leader this generation and is selling out everywhere.
You don't have to agree with me on this one but I don't count Nintendo when I say that. The Wii has an audience 10 times larger than any of its rivals simply because it has a different audience. Sure, the hardcore guys have a Wii too but it's not that they form the majority or even a large minority of the Wii's audience so saying the Wii leading this generation is a bit far-fetched because it's a totally different device in my opinion.
Kimoosabi
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2009, 02:07:24 PM »

You don't have to agree with me on this one but I don't count Nintendo when I say that. The Wii has an audience 10 times larger than any of its rivals simply because it has a different audience. Sure, the hardcore guys have a Wii too but it's not that they form the majority or even a large minority of the Wii's audience so saying the Wii leading this generation is a bit far-fetched because it's a totally different device in my opinion.

Sure Nintendo counts. The Wii may attract a different gaming demographic, but no matter how you slice it the Wii is still a gaming device. The ratio of casual gamers to hardcore gamers who buy it is irrelevant; both groups are still buying it to play games. Mind you, I am not defending Nintendo, I certainly don't believe they deserve to be market leader, necessarily, but to attempt to discredit their success is futile.

Anyways, back on topic, Killzone 2 is definitely shaping up to be a must-have exclusive for the PS3. A bit surprising to me, since the first one was so "meh". I only played it for an hour or too before getting bored. Looking forward to playing the sequel however when I get a PS3.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2009, 02:17:57 PM »

I don't really want to start into this again; but the PS3 is the superior machine with more exclusives and more standard components for your buck.

Even if you don't care about all the PS3 goodies, when you come down to pricing, Live will have you paying more over the years for your 360 than you ever will on a PS3.

* ps3owns.jpg (147.63 KB, 800x800 - viewed 216 times.)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 02:20:30 PM by The Maligned Leon » Logged

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tan
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2009, 03:38:52 PM »

There are so many things wrong with that outdated and biased comparison it isn't even funny. Hell half of those games aren't exclusives or don't exist yet and neither system bundle is even sold anymore.

80Gb PS3 = $399.99
160Gb PS3 = $519.99

Versus

60Gb X360 = $299.99
120Gb X360 = $399.99
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 03:42:16 PM by Tan » Logged
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2009, 04:01:11 PM »

I don't really want to start into this again; but the PS3 is the superior machine with more exclusives and more standard components for your buck.
Agreed, but I'm not gonna say anything further on this subject as this whole console war BS is getting old. Just play your games and have fun people.

I'm just really happy the PS3 finally has a game to TRULY be proud of.

Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2009, 04:05:23 PM »

Different strokes for different folks. Cool

Enjoy Killzone 2, PS3 fans. Cheesy

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2009, 04:53:20 PM »

I'm just really happy the PS3 finally has a game to TRULY be proud of.
Do you mean LBP or Killzone 2?
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2009, 05:00:51 PM »

Killzone 2. Finally there's a game that the average 360 Halo fan will salivate over.

Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2009, 05:10:11 PM »

Killzone 2. Finally there's a game that the average 360 Halo fan will salivate over.
That is true. LBP is a game the PS3 can be proud of as well. Even though the average Halo fan won't salivate over it. Wink
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 05:14:12 PM by Sirgin » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length