RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:46:28 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | 0 quantity in other peoples' collections 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: 0 quantity in other peoples' collections  (Read 4457 times)
y2richie
Jaguar CD
United Kingdom

Stats
« on: March 18, 2009, 12:30:07 PM »

I'm not trying to be difficult or put anyone in the spotlight but just out of curiosity why would someone have a collection with 0 quantity, 0 box and 0 manual for many in their collection?

Also, are there many people here that list ROMs in their collection? I have wondered this for some time.

My question is not intended to cross the boundaries of copyright laws. I feel that I am a purist really and I don't ever want ROMs. I fall in love with the concept of a game and want everything to do with it... game box (front and back covers), media with label on, poster if possible, the works! Often I like the art work (even quite dated or crap artwork) because it's just part of the whole idea of the game.

BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 12:48:18 PM »

I'm fairly certain that nobody here lists ROMs as part of their collections.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
Tan
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 12:52:06 PM »

I imagine for some, just listing the game in a checklist format is enough. Or if they buy CIB games only, there's no need to track box/manuals because every single game in their collection has one. Or if they didn't care if it was CIB or not, they wouldn't need to know what they do and don't have as long as they had a copy.
y2richie
Jaguar CD
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 01:02:28 PM »

Ok thanks for the replies. I guess I am fanatical about this stuff lol. Cheers!

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 01:05:13 PM »

I know i had 0 quantities for some games because i needed to verify exactly what i still had and it was earier to go back and edit the numbers later.

But like Tan said many people just don't seem to keep track of the numbers and just having it listed is enough.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 09:59:35 AM »

I've at least got the quantity in the game column. I KNOW the box & manual are inaccurate. When I first started entering my collection I didn't bother checking the box or manual columns. Plus there's been several games I had loose that I found CIB later and didn't bother to update.

Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 02:11:25 PM »

I keep everything exact. I have friends who use the site but don't post and they have the 0 0 0 Quantity because all they are tracking is if they have the game or not. So even if it says Quantity 0, they actually do have the game.  leo

Running out of games to buy.
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009, 01:05:10 AM »

Yeah, I gotta lot of editing to do.  Right now I've got around 5,000 games in the collection and I haven't had the time to put them all in, much less the box/instr. listing for some of mine yet.  I keep cd/dvd/blu-ray stuff complete but the older cart stuff I haven't worried about except actual condition of the game and label.

Keelah se'lai
nester
Sega 32X

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2009, 02:07:46 PM »

I think most of mine are 0s. I only have one of most games so I don't really feel the need to put in a quantity. I don't really have many boxes and manuals. perhaps someday I'll go through them and update that. I didn't even notice that they showed up as 0s until a few days ago.
gamepopper101
Sega 32X
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 02:53:36 PM »

I have two back up games though I don't put them up in my collection.

I will be posting until I get to Sega CD level, because I want to Cheesy
cant-grow-up
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 07:33:19 PM »

I try to keep my counts accurate but sometimes I just skip it (pc games mostly). Need to go through and check.
As far as ROM's the only thing close is Nester (think thats the name) is 200+ Nes games playable on the dreamcast.

remembering the old times of late nights with the genesis
[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/cant-grow-up.png[/img]
wishlist:Pico-3DO-Jaguar-Nomad-Xbox-NES
Rajaat the Warbringer
CD-i
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2009, 04:45:44 PM »

I just don't keep track of my boxes and manuals, and if a game is on my list at all, I don't need a 1 to remind me that it's there because I own one :-P.

There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.

--Moby Dick
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 05:24:05 PM »

I just don't keep track of my boxes and manuals, and if a game is on my list at all, I don't need a 1 to remind me that it's there because I own one :-P.

I have the OCD.  If I know I have a box or manual, I have to account for it

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 07:59:10 PM »

^same

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2012, 08:06:45 PM »

I always make sure ever single quantity in my collection is correct. I like being able to reference it if I need to.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length