RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:34:06 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Game / Hardware database errors 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35 Print
Author Topic: Game / Hardware database errors  (Read 253445 times)
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #105 on: January 02, 2016, 12:11:05 PM »

Glad to see the change - although technically the term "amiibo" is not capitalised.
don't worry about it  Tongue Nintendo themselves have written it like that when it's at the start of a sentence and it's only stylized in the logo.
EDIT: Also if we're aiming for consistency with amiibo/Skylanders/Disney InfINity data figures we should also be adding a colon after "amiibo"
I would say that if we were doing the specific line in front like "Amiibo Splatoon: X" but that doesn't sound right either. Amiibo is the catch all term for all the figures in the range so I think it's fine.

While we're on the subject:

1. Where did the random capitals come from in Disney infinity. I'm not saying it's wrong. But on the game box and Wikipedia it's either all capitals or just the first letter capital
Don't know. You can revert them back if you like.
2. Disney infinity 2.0 was released in 2 different starter packs. As the software is the same, shouldn't these just be variations of each other. And the title should be Disney Infinity 2.0. And a variation title of Marvel Superheroes Starter Pack or ToyBox (or whatever it's called). Thoughts?
Judging by the updated entries this was just done. Good!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 12:13:47 PM by Flee » Logged
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #106 on: January 02, 2016, 12:14:23 PM »

2. Disney infinity 2.0 was released in 2 different starter packs. As the software is the same, shouldn't these just be variations of each other. And the title should be Disney Infinity 2.0. And a variation title of Marvel Superheroes Starter Pack or ToyBox (or whatever it's called). Thoughts?
Judging by the updated entries this was just done. Good!
[/quote]

I did some updates for some infinity stuff but haven't touched 2 yet. I'm sure I can tweak the 2 stuff at some point
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2016, 03:39:54 AM »

EDIT: Also if we're aiming for consistency with amiibo/Skylanders/Disney InfINity data figures we should also be adding a colon after "amiibo"
I would say that if we were doing the specific line in front like "Amiibo Splatoon: X" but that doesn't sound right either. Amiibo is the catch all term for all the figures in the range so I think it's fine.

I admit that "Amiibo Splatoon: X" does look a bit weird, but I think it's technically more accurate than what we are doing now (Amiibo X [Splatoon]). Maybe "Amiibo: X (Splatoon)"?

ATM collection names are only included as part of the title iff the character appears in multiple collections, and that's a part of the variation title.  The problem is that amiibo from different collections aren't variations of each other (or at least not how we've been using the term 'variation' in the DB).  We don't consider "Final Fantasy" for the PSP to be a variant of "Final Fantasy" for the Wonderswan Colour, so we shouldn't be treating Mario (Super Mario Collection) to be a variant of Mario (Super Smash Bros. Collection).
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #108 on: January 03, 2016, 05:20:15 AM »

I admit that "Amiibo Splatoon: X" does look a bit weird, but I think it's technically more accurate than what we are doing now (Amiibo X [Splatoon]). Maybe "Amiibo: X (Splatoon)"?

ATM collection names are only included as part of the title iff the character appears in multiple collections, and that's a part of the variation title.  The problem is that amiibo from different collections aren't variations of each other (or at least not how we've been using the term 'variation' in the DB).  We don't consider "Final Fantasy" for the PSP to be a variant of "Final Fantasy" for the Wonderswan Colour, so we shouldn't be treating Mario (Super Mario Collection) to be a variant of Mario (Super Smash Bros. Collection).

Isn't the chip in both Mario amiibos the same? Eg scanning either model into my super smash bros will have the same effect?

If that's the case surely they would be variations of the same thing?
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #109 on: January 06, 2016, 09:27:02 AM »

This US version of disney infinity is just for the disc out of the starter set:

http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-216-S-01290-A

Although Europe has had the game sold on its own I dont think it was in America (wikipedia states only Europe had the stand alone. Can any of you guys confirm?). It it wasnt sold seperately should it have its own entry in the database?

Obviously if it is left in it will need a variation title added ("Bundled software"?)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #110 on: January 06, 2016, 11:48:47 AM »

I've not seen the game sold standalone in US retail stores, no. I can confirm that the Game Case has a different UPC than the Starter Pack as well, just looking through auctions.

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #111 on: January 06, 2016, 12:23:28 PM »

Thats the case with the releases of all the infinity games all over the world as far as Im aware. Its probably so 2nd hand retailers have something to scan when dopey people loose/destroy the outer box.

Nintendo also do it with their game hardware bundles. And Im sure other manufacturers also do it

Both UPCs should probably be listed under the main entry eg 0123456789 | 987654321. But i dont think it warrants a seperate entry (that would be different if the outer box was listed under hardware eg Links crossbow training).

Thoughts?
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #112 on: February 08, 2016, 08:12:59 AM »

@Schlibby
I see you updated my DB entry for "scee catalogue video 3+", adding caps to it. It's actually written on the disc without caps.

Image nicked from redump:
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #113 on: February 08, 2016, 06:56:02 PM »

Fair enough. Sorry about that. I'll change it back if you haven't already

EDIT: changed back
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 06:57:58 PM by Schlibby » Logged
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #114 on: February 09, 2016, 12:16:50 AM »

@Schlibby
I see you updated my DB entry for "scee catalogue video 3+", adding caps to it. It's actually written on the disc without caps.
Fair enough. Sorry about that. I'll change it back if you haven't already

EDIT: changed back

It's probably not a good idea to base title formatting on a PAL NFR disc (demos/promos/rentals/betas)

Most PAL demo discs for the PS1 and PS2 spell their titles in lower case.
Most PAL promo discs for the PS1 and early-mid PS2 spell their their titles in lower case.
Most PAL promo discs from the later PS2 era onward spell their titles in upper case.
Most (all?) PAL rental discs for the PS1 use lower case and most (all?) PAL beta discs for the PS2 are all caps.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 04:19:46 PM by Raidou » Logged
Shepy
Atari 7800
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #115 on: February 09, 2016, 09:56:56 PM »

http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-074-S-03670-A
http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-074-S-03670-B

Apparently the publisher is different on this however I can see no differences between the two... Incorrect scan?
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #116 on: February 10, 2016, 01:06:14 AM »

Yeah, incorrect scans. Moved them.

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #117 on: March 05, 2016, 02:26:11 PM »

Credits glitch: http://www.rfgeneration.c...fo.php?ID=U-999-H-04110-A
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #118 on: March 05, 2016, 04:22:11 PM »

Bah. Hate that. Add that to the list of things DB staff can't fix. Requires database access.

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #119 on: March 13, 2016, 05:59:37 PM »

needs to be NEW 3DS, ugh:
http://www.rfgeneration.c...fo.php?ID=U-182-H-00390-A
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length