RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:31:55 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | RFG App for Android: The official thread! 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: RFG App for Android: The official thread!  (Read 181036 times)
flyingclimber
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2014, 07:08:32 PM »

Smal bug fix pull request sent. I gotta a couple more bits I may add if your up for it.
The Great Melon
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #106 on: August 25, 2014, 06:41:10 PM »

I still happen to have issues syncing my collection with the app.  I can add games through the app, but I am unable to download my collection list.  Whenever I hit refresh on collection folder the app just shows the "working" circle up in the top right spinning for endlessly.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #107 on: April 07, 2015, 11:14:58 AM »

How about an Amazon app?  It uses Android Wink

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #108 on: April 07, 2015, 01:22:41 PM »

Windows Phone App would be nice, any possibilities of this happening

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #109 on: April 07, 2015, 01:40:55 PM »

I have all the stuff required except knowledge. Ive been debating learning but if memory serves there was a price tag associated which kept me from trying.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2015, 03:09:35 PM »

I have all the stuff required except knowledge. Ive been debating learning but if memory serves there was a price tag associated which kept me from trying.

Apple there is a yearly development fee, $99, I think. Not sure with Android, Amazon, and Windows.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 09:00:10 PM by shaggy » Logged

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2015, 06:15:19 PM »

Yeah - Apple is a PITA. Amazon Store would be a separate deployment from Google Play, but possible:

Q: How much does Amazon charge for using its developer program?

The program is free. You pay nothing to create a developer account, use Amazon APIs, and submit apps.
Q: Can I list (or post) free apps?

Yes. You are welcome to give away free apps on Amazon.

Q: I sell an app on Google Play. Can I submit the same app to the Amazon Mobile App Distribution Program?

Yes. The Amazon program is non-exclusive.

It would be up to theGrue to publish it, since he technically owns the application.

With Windows 10 around the corner, we could do a universal app without too much fuss. A developer account is $19/yr for a basic account, which I'd be willing to eat out of my own pocket for other uses. If we would want a desktop application though with additional capabilities (like accessing your Documents folder), it's a company account is which about the same as an Apple developer account.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 06:18:55 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #112 on: April 09, 2015, 12:38:33 AM »

I guess I could look at the Amazon store, I'm not too active on the Android front these days though. Is it possible to sideload onto your Amazon device instead?

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #113 on: August 20, 2015, 10:22:24 AM »

So, with Google Play Services 7.8 coming out, there is now a native barcode reader function without the need for an external app. Any way that could be implemented?

Shepy
Atari 7800
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #114 on: December 03, 2015, 10:51:44 PM »

I've tried to use the app before but can only use it as a search tool. The app doesn't sync with my collection. I seem to recall at one point a few years ago this function worked. Does it just not work with newer versions of android?
The Great Melon
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #115 on: December 16, 2015, 04:19:20 AM »

I am in the same situation as Project Nintendo.  The app has never worked properly in the 2 years that I have tried to used it.  You can add games to your account from the app, but you can't sync your online collection onto the phone.  It just gets stuck in an endless loop of syncing. 
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #116 on: December 16, 2015, 09:55:46 AM »

What phones do you each have?

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #117 on: December 16, 2015, 07:16:35 PM »

I am in the same situation as Project Nintendo.  The app has never worked properly in the 2 years that I have tried to used it.  You can add games to your account from the app, but you can't sync your online collection onto the phone.  It just gets stuck in an endless loop of syncing. 

i was thinking that this sounded familiar and looking back it appears that you've mentioned this twice before and each time it seems to get ignored for some reason. hopefully someone actually helps this time!
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #118 on: December 16, 2015, 07:59:05 PM »

I've tried to use the app before but can only use it as a search tool. The app doesn't sync with my collection. I seem to recall at one point a few years ago this function worked. Does it just not work with newer versions of android?
The only thing I can think of is the fact that you both have spaces in your usernames. Not sure if that's what's causing it though.
Shepy
Atari 7800
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #119 on: December 16, 2015, 09:48:26 PM »

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 if that helps at all.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length