RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:40:09 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | RFG App for Android: The official thread! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Print
Author Topic: RFG App for Android: The official thread!  (Read 181049 times)
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #225 on: February 04, 2019, 05:42:24 PM »

Some of the ones I checked were for Switch games, so I don't think that would apply, but possible.

Also, just a heads up, after moving and being swamped with a huge work project for months now, I'm finally going to be able to make some time to be able to do some more development with this. Part of the fun will come with attempting to modernize the code and add a couple of features, but also cleaning up some deprecated functions to help use modern Android API calls and remove legacy code out.

That sounds awesome man!  I use the app at least a couple times a week and it's an invaluable resource to me at this point.

toze3
DB Reviewer
Portugal

Stats
« Reply #226 on: February 05, 2019, 05:35:37 PM »

Some of the ones I checked were for Switch games, so I don't think that would apply, but possible.

Also, just a heads up, after moving and being swamped with a huge work project for months now, I'm finally going to be able to make some time to be able to do some more development with this. Part of the fun will come with attempting to modernize the code and add a couple of features, but also cleaning up some deprecated functions to help use modern Android API calls and remove legacy code out.

That sounds awesome man!  I use the app at least a couple times a week and it's an invaluable resource to me at this point.
2x!!!

hope that gets new features (editing entries - not replacing, comments...) and keep it with simple view (list with can easily check if the game are complete or not)

About not showing the images, i tested in several plataforms...not working
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #227 on: February 05, 2019, 07:42:45 PM »

Sorry, it's getting hundreds of useless animations and star wipes to transition views.

There are a couple of features that I want to add to it while also giving it a more modern and clean interface. This is going to take some time to implement, but I hope it works out. Also, due to some of the OS versions I'm seeing installed, it may affect being able to set up some of the look and features I would ultimately like to have, but eventually we'll get there.

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #228 on: February 05, 2019, 08:58:43 PM »

Also, due to some of the OS versions I'm seeing installed, it may affect being able to set up some of the look and features I would ultimately like to have, but eventually we'll get there.
If it helps to know, I have the app installed on Android 4.3 and Android 8
bickman2k
Director
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #229 on: February 06, 2019, 04:44:52 PM »

Also, due to some of the OS versions I'm seeing installed, it may affect being able to set up some of the look and features I would ultimately like to have, but eventually we'll get there.

Yeah, it's the 4.x stuff that doesn't have Material Design starting with 5.0. Trying to see what I can do to properly set that up so it would work with either, but I think it's going to be a little more complex than I have thought the last couple of times I looked at it.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #230 on: February 08, 2019, 06:25:49 AM »

Yeah, it's the 4.x stuff that doesn't have Material Design starting with 5.0. Trying to see what I can do to properly set that up so it would work with either, but I think it's going to be a little more complex than I have thought the last couple of times I looked at it.
If it's not too much trouble can you add to the search some filters at least system.

bickman2k
Director
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #231 on: February 08, 2019, 10:11:16 AM »

I can at least add it to the list of requested features and look in to it.

RobotWillie
Don't You Know Blackmail is Way Uncool
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #232 on: February 09, 2019, 02:59:08 PM »

My phone is a few years old now so I figured it wouldn't be 5, but I guess it has allowed mine to still update or something, its 5.1. I likely will have it at least another year since I replaced the battery this summer. It is not one of the huge brand names and wasn't bought from a plan/carrier, its a brand called BLU (Bold Like Us). So I guess they are likely to allow me updates for a while longer since they are not pulling my arm to get a new one like some of the bigger names or plans would be.

toze3
DB Reviewer
Portugal

Stats
« Reply #233 on: February 12, 2019, 04:59:31 AM »

It's just me or it's not possible anymore to check the images on the app?? Just white screen...

Updated with Android 9, not working also!
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #234 on: February 16, 2019, 03:32:35 AM »

Mine updated to android 9 and is working fine.  Try uninstalling it and redownload.

toze3
DB Reviewer
Portugal

Stats
« Reply #235 on: February 16, 2019, 06:04:02 AM »

Since yesterday is working, I did nothing.

So maybe something with the dB.

Enviado do meu Mi A1 através do Tapatalk

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #236 on: February 17, 2019, 05:49:50 PM »

Image viewing is working again. I haven't changed anything.
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #237 on: June 15, 2020, 04:54:27 PM »

Something change recently?  I can add / remove entries to my collection but I can't get the folders to sync.

EDIT: This seems to have cleared itself up so IDK what was going on...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 09:41:35 AM by Bear78 » Logged

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #238 on: December 28, 2020, 12:27:58 PM »

Now that the PS5 / Xbox Series X/S are out, the app needs to be fixed to recognize these.  They are showing up as ?? for the console.  No rush as they are working but just something to get fixed.

bickman2k
Director
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #239 on: January 05, 2021, 12:30:30 PM »

I have to do some additional updates to what platforms it's compiled and supported for per Google Play terms, but hoping to get there soon.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length