RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:45:28 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | What are you watching right now? 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 293 Print
Author Topic: What are you watching right now?  (Read 1016268 times)
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3930 on: July 15, 2016, 07:38:52 PM »

The Prestige - (2006) - B
--> Interesting topic for a movie. I did see the "surprise" at the end coming from a mile away, though.

My Week with Marilyn - (2011) - B+
--> Solid film, shows Marylin Monroe's human side.

Raging Bull - (1980) - B
--> This is a classic, but I wasn't blown away by it. Good movie nevertheless, but I guess because it's so hyped you expect something crazy.

Ned Kelly - (2003) - B
--> Interesting, had never heard of Ned Kelly before. The ending felt a little dissapointing.

The Prince and the Showgirl - (1957) - A-
--> Really funny comedy, something you would never see anymore today.

Pitch Perfect - (2012) - B
--> Found it really strange at first. All the "students" seemed so outlandish and extravert. And they use an acting style which makes it seem more like a documentary instead of a film, which takes some time to get used to. After that it became fun.

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty - (2013) - C+
--> A bit cheesy but oh well.

The Lincoln Lawyer - (2011) - A
--> Excellent "courtroom" thriller.

A Bridge Too Far - (1977) - B
--> Fun movie, a little dated in parts, pacing could be better. On the other hand, it's filled to the rafters with good actors of the time.

X-Men: First Class - (2011) - B
--> Always sort of the same movie, but I've come to like the X-Men films, probably my favorite superhero film series to date.

Northanger Abbey - (2007) - B+
--> Always been a sucker for costume dramas, and this is a good one too.

The Librarian: Curse of the Judas Chalice - (2008) - C
--> A direct-to-DVD style movie, and oh boy, it shows. Nevertheless some good laughs with the main character, who has good jokes and expressions throughout.
RobotWillie
Don't You Know Blackmail is Way Uncool
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3931 on: July 15, 2016, 10:31:25 PM »

The Bourne Supremacy.

Getting ready for the new one.

FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom
Awards: 2015 RFGENERATION TOP RUN N' GUNNER

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3932 on: July 22, 2016, 01:32:40 PM »

Just want to thank thank Netflix for giving me Archer but at the moment Sense 8 and Jessica Jones. Fantastic stuff.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #3933 on: August 12, 2016, 10:24:36 AM »

Leaving Las Vegas - (1995) - A-
--> Very captivating movie.

Rush Hour 3 - (2007) - B-
--> Same good-spirited action humour as the previous 2 installments. Only negative is that they essentially made the same movie thrice.

A Most Wanted Man - (2014) - B+
--> A must-watch being the last movie by the late Philip Seymour Hoffman. Not to mention it's a great movie as well.

The Rack Pack - (2016) - B-
--> Straight-to-TV BBC movie about the popularity growth of snooker during Steve Davis's time in the 1980s.

Days of Thunder - (1990) - B
--> Tom Cruise once again is the young underdog with everything going against him, but who ends up victorious in the end. Also see Top Gun.

Repo Men - (2010) - B
--> Action thriller about a distopian future with the biggest plot twist ever at the end.

Nell - (1994) - C
--> I'm not quite convinced by the story. I wonder if it's realistic, but despite that it was also quite predictable.

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World - (2003 - A
--> What a damn shame this movie never got any sequels, whereas Pirates of the Carribean got 4. But I suppose the box office doesn't lie?

Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence - (1983) - B+
--> Great movie about British prisoner of wars in a Japanese camp. Starring David Bowie.

The Transporter - (2002) - B
--> Stupid, but Jason Statham is so cool. He's Vin Diesel cool.

A Few Good Men - (1992) - A
--> Super good courtroom drama, best of the best. I was shocked to realize how much Demi Moore has changed, after seeing her here.

Before Midnight - (2013) - A+
--> Very difficult movie to watch. The entire movie consists of only about 4-5 scenes, all with non-stop dialogue. This wasn't made for today's twitter/snapchat generation. But terrific movie.
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3934 on: August 13, 2016, 08:50:56 PM »

The Unexplained, Poltergeist

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3935 on: August 14, 2016, 11:16:15 PM »

Japanese RoboCop is pretty much what you'd expect...

Grin
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #3936 on: August 18, 2016, 02:20:56 AM »

I like the idea of Robocop himself providing me with a lawyer. Boddicker is nuts especially with his sex monster goons. Although this does not seem like its real. Anyways,  thanks for the clip of complete craziness.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3937 on: August 20, 2016, 10:14:21 PM »

I like the idea of Robocop himself providing me with a lawyer. Boddicker is nuts especially with his sex monster goons. Although this does not seem like its real. Anyways,  thanks for the clip of complete craziness.

I figured it was a goof when the main bad guy was intro'd as "Clarence Boddicker." And if that didn't clue me in, the slow-mo titty-missile launch replay at the end certainly did.

The actual show this comes from is called Mobile Cop/Detective/Sheriff Jiban, and apparently was influenced by RoboCop to some degree... like his hip-holster for example.

Here's the show's opening-credits sequence for Indonesia:

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #3938 on: September 03, 2016, 10:49:55 AM »

Born on the Fourth of July - (1989) - A-
--> Great movie, great performance by Tom Cruise.

Good Morning, Vietnam - (1987) - B+
--> Vietnam again. Not as profound as Born on the Fourth of July, of course, but great fun. Those radio scenes are legendary.

Chinatown - (1974) - A+
--> One of the best movies I've seen this year. A must see.

Flight of the Phoenix - (2004) - C+
--> A group of people crash in the middle of the desert and have to survive. The story is predictable, but has some enjoyable moments.

Despicable Me - (2010) - B+
--> Didn't realize how good this movie was. A lot of non-Pixar CGI movies are dubious at best (see: Ice Age sequels) but this has a lovely story.

True Grit - (1969) - B+
--> Comparing this one to the 2010 one is difficult without showing bias one way or the other. The 1969 movie-going public was a completely different one than the one in 2010. The 2010 one is way more...grittier.

Rashomon - (1950) - B
--> Hard to watch this movie today and be impressed. I know this was a milestone in movie history, just like Birth of a Nation, Gone with the Wind or Citizen Kane, but the issue is that the "modern" techniques used here have since been used in all sorts of movies, therefor rendering them less impressive than I'm sure they would've been in 1950.

King Arthur - (2004) - B-
--> One of the many "epic fantasy" films that followed in Lord of the Ring's wake. I'd say this is still quite a decent movie, if you don't compare it directly to LotR.

The Good Dinosaur - (2015) - A
--> Not the best Pixar movie, but definitely up there, and miles better than stuff like Cars 2.

The Master - (2012) - B+
--> Quite an uncomfortable movie to watch. A shellshocked WWII soldier finds a charismatic man who tries to heal him.

The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert - (1994) - A-
--> Feelgood comedy of the highest order, this movie is great.

Cruel Intentions - (1999) - C
--> Strange movie. The actors act...strangely.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #3939 on: October 01, 2016, 07:05:37 PM »

All Good Things - (2010) - B
--> Interesting thriller/crime movie starring Ryan Gosling and Kirsten Dunst.

The Secret Life of Bees - (2008) - C
--> Strange sort of all-female feel good movie. A girl searches for her mother's past.

The Five-Year Engagement - (2012) - B+
--> These type of chick flick comedies are usually quite bad, but this one is genuinely funny.

Sense and Sensibility - (1995) - A
--> Must-see for period drama fans.

A Late Quartet - (2012) - B+
--> A thoughtful movie on an interesting idea; the impact of someone leaving a small group.

Slap Shot - (1977) - C+
--> Probably not a bad comedy in its day, but a lot of scenes feel a bit dated. I haven't quite gotten used to Paul Newman's acting style. The Hanson brothers are hilarious though.

The Kid with a Bike - (2011) - A
--> Great drama.

Jack Reacher - (2012) - B+
--> There's something about Tom Cruise in these types of movies that works really well.

The Fighter - (2010) - A
--> The acting in this movie is fantastic. Dicky is an absolute idiot, yet his brother Micky rarely gets mad at him. Their mother is just the worst.

Hart's War - (2002) - B
--> Not in the same league as Saving Private Ryan, the movie is a bit too predictable for that. But excellent if you like these type of military suspense films.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3940 on: October 01, 2016, 09:15:44 PM »

Just finished plowing through Luke Cage on Netflix, and man was it delightful.  Best of the Marvel shows so far, and can't wait to see what they do next.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3941 on: October 15, 2016, 05:17:41 PM »

The first season of Attack on Titan.  While I am not an Anime fan in the strictest sense of the word (i.e., I won't just watch random Anime like I will kung-fu movies), I am pleasantly surprised by how good Attack on Titan is.  The premise is well thought out and interesting, and the characters are deep.  It is horrific at times, but it also doesn't contain the often disgusting tropes that plague Anime.  It does require a suspension of disbelief though, and I think people who nitpick reality in their entertainment too much possibly won't enjoy themselves, but I am engrossed enough put down the controller until the season is over and done.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 05:39:20 PM by bombatomba » Logged

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom
Awards: 2015 RFGENERATION TOP RUN N' GUNNER

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3942 on: November 10, 2016, 09:40:48 AM »

The movie Devil's Knot

and the documentary of the case on Netflix

If you watch both you need to read the book Hunting the West Memphis Boogeyman which highlights evidence not seen in the movies including the Paradise Lost Trilogy. They don't seem as innocent after reading the book and I can't decide if Guilty or Injustice.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 09:42:29 AM by FatherJack » Logged
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3943 on: November 11, 2016, 12:18:45 AM »

The Haunting

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3944 on: November 14, 2016, 10:32:23 PM »

I am currently watching the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie on Laserdisc.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 293 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length