RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 23, 2019, 04:20:14 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room | What are you watching right now? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] Print
Author Topic: What are you watching right now?  (Read 400463 times)
Zagnorch
It's-a me, Zweegee
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4005 on: February 11, 2019, 01:35:52 AM »

Oh, boy! I just found out that my favorite documentary series Air Disasters (formerly Air Crash Investigation) has spun off a waterborne series, Disasters at Sea! F*CKING A!!!

I wonder if they'll put out a Rail Disasters show? One can only hope...

Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.
Zagnorch
It's-a me, Zweegee
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4006 on: February 21, 2019, 04:38:47 PM »

Oh no.

Sweet Jesus-God no, please tell me this isn't real...

This just some hackish Funny or Die segment, right?

RIGHT?!

Oh dear sweet God-Jesus, please let me be right...

Shoulda had ED-209 do this one; it would've made for a more... interesting ending.

Aaaaaand my reaction:

Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.
ZX Kid
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #4007 on: February 23, 2019, 04:34:38 PM »

Netflix thank you so much. Russian Doll was fantastic then Umbrella Acadeny just left me breathless.
ZX Kid
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #4008 on: February 23, 2019, 04:35:41 PM »

Umbrella Academy you beautiful b*******d
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #4009 on: February 24, 2019, 11:45:18 AM »

Haven't posted here in months. Time to catch up with some of the movies I've seen in the meantime.

Avengers: Age of Ultron - (2015) - B-
--> Totally forgot the plot of this one already. Honestly, the majority of these Marvel movies are interchangeable.

Starbuck - (2011) - C
--> Typical "loser" comedy style movie with a predictable ending. Some good laughs here and there.

Thunderheart - (1992) - B
--> Not a bad movie about a detective venturing into Native American lands.

Made in Dagenham - (2010) - C
--> Fairly typical leftist, feminist propaganda movie. All the men are pigs and all the women are great nonsense. Sally Hawkins plays the lead role.

The Shape of Water - (2017) - B+
--> Sally Hawkins strikes again. Another "all men are pigs" feminist movie. That said, the movie is actually entertaining, and a good insight into women's hypergamous nature. Saw this one on a long flight.

Wonder Woman - (2017) - C
--> Another generic Marvel/DC/superhero movie. This time with more feminist propaganda thrown in! Women are amazing. I wonder who enjoyed watching all these masculine, agressive women...? Saw this one on the flight back.

Justice League - (2017) - C
--> This one I watched right after Wonder Woman, on that flight back home. Nothing much to say, really.

Florence Foster Jenkins - (2016) - B+
--> Comedy about an elderly woman who loves singing (opera), but can't sing to save her life. Good performances by Meryl Streep and Hugh Grant.

The Adventures of Tintin - (2011) - B
--> Not quite up there with Pixar but overall a good CGI movie.

Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation - (2015) - A
--> Probably the 4th time I've seen this one and I'm still entertained. Excellent action movie.

The November Man - (2014) - B-
--> Not a bad action/thriller movie, but the tone is too serious/sad. I think it would have done a lot better with a little Bond flair thrown in.

Persuasion - (2007) - A-
--> Well-made and good costume drama. I'm annoyed with the DOP's decision to film a lot of it in "shaky camera" style. Why on earth is this necessary for a costume drama? This is not an action movie, use tripods please. Another movie starring Sally Hawkins. I have to say she aged a lot in 10 years time, going from a still believable 25-26 year old here to what she looks like in the Shape of Water.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #4010 on: March 02, 2019, 08:03:14 PM »

Another set from the backlog, and then I'm more or less caught up.

Top Gun - (1986) - B
--> Classic! Some (or should I say a lot?) of the dialogue is terrible, though.

300 - (2006) - B
--> This is Sparta! Haha.

The Big Short - (2015) - A-
--> Dark comedy about events leading up to the 2007 financial crisis.

Birdman - (2014) - A-
--> Ambitious movie, trying to break new ground. Challenging to watch, even up to the point of being annoying: the restless pace of the movie, which is mostly one long scene, with a constant drumming soundtrack in the background means there are barely any moments of "rest". I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of viewers turn this off after 15 minutes.

Donnie Brasco - (1997) - B+
--> Solid gangster movie starring Al Pacino and Johnny Depp.

The Usual Suspects - (1995) - A
--> Kevin Spacey steals the show in this movie.

The BFG - (2016) - B+
--> Enjoyable family-friendly fantasy movie. Great visuals and several big laughs as well.

Spotlight - (2015) - A-
--> Traditional drama movie, about abuse in the Catholic Church in the US.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit - (1988) - B+
--> I cannot believe I had never seen this movie. Some parts feel a little dated (no wonder, as the movie is 30+ years old), but overall still a very special achievement.

Jackie - (2016) - B
--> A convincing performance by Nathalie Portman, portraying Jackie Kennedy in the events after the assassination of president Kennedy.

Home Alone - (1990) - A
--> Probably my 10th viewing; I see both Home Alone 1 and 2 at least once per year, usually around Christmas. Somehow they never get old.
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #4011 on: March 05, 2019, 02:02:20 PM »

Working my way through season 7 of The Office (US), after taking a hiatus from it. Watched my way through the Hunger Games saga again over the last couple weeks.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4012 on: Yesterday at 10:16:20 PM »

I'm currently watching Monster House and just finished Scooby Doo on Zombie Island.

Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length