RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:55:38 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | What are you watching right now? 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 293 Print
Author Topic: What are you watching right now?  (Read 1016832 times)
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4005 on: February 11, 2019, 01:35:52 AM »

Oh, boy! I just found out that my favorite documentary series Air Disasters (formerly Air Crash Investigation) has spun off a waterborne series, Disasters at Sea! F*CKING A!!!

I wonder if they'll put out a Rail Disasters show? One can only hope...

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4006 on: February 21, 2019, 04:38:47 PM »

Oh no.

Sweet Jesus-God no, please tell me this isn't real...

This just some hackish Funny or Die segment, right?

RIGHT?!

Oh dear sweet God-Jesus, please let me be right...

Shoulda had ED-209 do this one; it would've made for a more... interesting ending.

Aaaaaand my reaction:

ZX Kid
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #4007 on: February 23, 2019, 04:34:38 PM »

Netflix thank you so much. Russian Doll was fantastic then Umbrella Acadeny just left me breathless.
ZX Kid
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #4008 on: February 23, 2019, 04:35:41 PM »

Umbrella Academy you beautiful b*******d
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #4009 on: February 24, 2019, 11:45:18 AM »

Haven't posted here in months. Time to catch up with some of the movies I've seen in the meantime.

Avengers: Age of Ultron - (2015) - B-
--> Totally forgot the plot of this one already. Honestly, the majority of these Marvel movies are interchangeable.

Starbuck - (2011) - C
--> Typical "loser" comedy style movie with a predictable ending. Some good laughs here and there.

Thunderheart - (1992) - B
--> Not a bad movie about a detective venturing into Native American lands.

Made in Dagenham - (2010) - C
--> Fairly typical leftist, feminist propaganda movie. All the men are pigs and all the women are great nonsense. Sally Hawkins plays the lead role.

The Shape of Water - (2017) - B+
--> Sally Hawkins strikes again. Another "all men are pigs" feminist movie. That said, the movie is actually entertaining, and a good insight into women's hypergamous nature. Saw this one on a long flight.

Wonder Woman - (2017) - C
--> Another generic Marvel/DC/superhero movie. This time with more feminist propaganda thrown in! Women are amazing. I wonder who enjoyed watching all these masculine, agressive women...? Saw this one on the flight back.

Justice League - (2017) - C
--> This one I watched right after Wonder Woman, on that flight back home. Nothing much to say, really.

Florence Foster Jenkins - (2016) - B+
--> Comedy about an elderly woman who loves singing (opera), but can't sing to save her life. Good performances by Meryl Streep and Hugh Grant.

The Adventures of Tintin - (2011) - B
--> Not quite up there with Pixar but overall a good CGI movie.

Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation - (2015) - A
--> Probably the 4th time I've seen this one and I'm still entertained. Excellent action movie.

The November Man - (2014) - B-
--> Not a bad action/thriller movie, but the tone is too serious/sad. I think it would have done a lot better with a little Bond flair thrown in.

Persuasion - (2007) - A-
--> Well-made and good costume drama. I'm annoyed with the DOP's decision to film a lot of it in "shaky camera" style. Why on earth is this necessary for a costume drama? This is not an action movie, use tripods please. Another movie starring Sally Hawkins. I have to say she aged a lot in 10 years time, going from a still believable 25-26 year old here to what she looks like in the Shape of Water.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #4010 on: March 02, 2019, 08:03:14 PM »

Another set from the backlog, and then I'm more or less caught up.

Top Gun - (1986) - B
--> Classic! Some (or should I say a lot?) of the dialogue is terrible, though.

300 - (2006) - B
--> This is Sparta! Haha.

The Big Short - (2015) - A-
--> Dark comedy about events leading up to the 2007 financial crisis.

Birdman - (2014) - A-
--> Ambitious movie, trying to break new ground. Challenging to watch, even up to the point of being annoying: the restless pace of the movie, which is mostly one long scene, with a constant drumming soundtrack in the background means there are barely any moments of "rest". I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of viewers turn this off after 15 minutes.

Donnie Brasco - (1997) - B+
--> Solid gangster movie starring Al Pacino and Johnny Depp.

The Usual Suspects - (1995) - A
--> Kevin Spacey steals the show in this movie.

The BFG - (2016) - B+
--> Enjoyable family-friendly fantasy movie. Great visuals and several big laughs as well.

Spotlight - (2015) - A-
--> Traditional drama movie, about abuse in the Catholic Church in the US.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit - (1988) - B+
--> I cannot believe I had never seen this movie. Some parts feel a little dated (no wonder, as the movie is 30+ years old), but overall still a very special achievement.

Jackie - (2016) - B
--> A convincing performance by Nathalie Portman, portraying Jackie Kennedy in the events after the assassination of president Kennedy.

Home Alone - (1990) - A
--> Probably my 10th viewing; I see both Home Alone 1 and 2 at least once per year, usually around Christmas. Somehow they never get old.
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #4011 on: March 05, 2019, 02:02:20 PM »

Working my way through season 7 of The Office (US), after taking a hiatus from it. Watched my way through the Hunger Games saga again over the last couple weeks.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4012 on: March 22, 2019, 10:16:20 PM »

I'm currently watching Monster House and just finished Scooby Doo on Zombie Island.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4013 on: April 20, 2019, 10:16:21 PM »

I just finished watching Clue and now I'm watching Dracula Dead and Loving It.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4014 on: June 29, 2019, 10:08:14 PM »

Currently watching The Warriors on this lazy Saturday.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4015 on: July 01, 2019, 02:11:53 AM »

Currently watching The Warriors on this lazy Saturday.

That sounds kinda depressing, what with them having lost the finals and all.

ANYway, I just recently finished a mini-marathon of all the "evil twin" episodes of Knight Rider.

KITT had KARR:

Is it me, or does KARR's voice sound a little like Optimus Prime? Wink

...and Michael had Garthe... and Goliath.

And remember: don't barf on the Garthe!

BTW make sure your safe-search is on when you Google images of "KITT vs. KARR." That is, unless you're into hot Trans-Am-on-Trans-Am action... you sick weirdo.
TurnAroundAndRun
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #4016 on: July 07, 2019, 02:05:42 PM »

Almost finished with Stranger Things 3, great season!

Praying something cool might happen
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #4017 on: July 08, 2019, 08:58:23 AM »

Behind the 8-ball, but I'm finally watching the final season of House of Cards. It's kind of gone off the rails.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #4018 on: July 13, 2019, 05:02:54 AM »

Haven't posted movies on here in months. Actually, I also haven't watched that many movies this past year or so. Too busy with work...

Notting Hill - (1999) - B-
--> The classic with Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts. I'm not sure how this movie will hold up now we're 20 years past release.

Atlantis: The Lost Empire - (2001) - B
--> Amazingly, I have never seen this Disney movie before, despite remembering seeing merchandise for it back in the day when it came out. It's quite decent, but the plot is a little predictable. Not as good as Disney's best, for sure.

Ant-Man - (2015) - C+
--> It must be me, judging by the good reviews and box office, but this movie does nothing for me - as is the case with most of the superhero stuff. It all feels cookie cutter, rehashing the same type of movie 30 times (I'm probably not that far off with the MCU numbers). The "best" part is when they are small and everyday objects become huge set pieces.

La La Land - (2016) - C
--> What the hell do people see in this movie? It's not interesting at all, and Emma Stone isn't a good actress. Worst part is, the movie pretends to be about jazz, but there is no jazz in the movie! Or nothing that I'd consider to be jazz. It's a musical, with musical movie. All the songs are in the "musical" genre. What a joke. "City of stars" is a nice tune, though, and Gosling is a good actor.

Howards End - (1992) - B+
--> I forgot the plot, but this is a pretty good costume drama. I would rate it in the tier below movies such as Remains of the Day and Gosford Park.

Jack Reacher - (2012) - B+
--> As far as action movies go, this one is above average and Tom Cruise absolutely makes the movie.

Ronin - (1998) - B
--> Not a bad thriller, and the Blu-ray transfer of this looks excellent. The cars and tech in the movie lookswoefully outdated by now. I can only imagine what today's movies will look 20 years from now, considering they rely so much more on tech/effects.

The Long Kiss Goodnight - (1996) - C
--> Feels dated and has a weird plot.

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back - (2016) - B
--> Reacher again! The novelty is gone as compared to the first one, but still a good movie led by Tom Cruise.

Marguerite - (2015) - B
--> Costume drama about a wealthy eccentric women who thinks she can sing, but can't.

Clash of the Titans - (2010) - C+
--> Not nearly as good as it could have been. Feels too generic.

Pitch Perfect 2 - (2015) - B-
--> Sing, sing, sing!

Ferris Bueller's Day Off - (1986) - A
--> A true classic comedy!
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4019 on: July 20, 2019, 12:10:08 AM »

I finished watching Labyrinth and now I'm watching music videos on Youtube.

Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 293 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length