RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:45:23 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Moniker Mania: RF Generation User Name Origins 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Moniker Mania: RF Generation User Name Origins  (Read 63545 times)
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« on: April 12, 2012, 12:56:29 AM »

Hey now!

I figured I'd restart a thread that was wiped out in the Great Outage, and once again ask...

...how did you come by your RF Generation user name?

Is it based on a fave hobby? A tribute to a hero of yours? The humiliating result of a lost bet? Be it painfully obvious or painstakingly esoteric, feel free to give us the lowdown.

My handle comes from a name my father's former coworker gave his dog. (Actually, Zagnorch was the dog's first name; her full name was Zagnorch Welinskivich)

Sad but true: I didn't even come up with my own user name. But then, I've considered originality to be overrated anyway. None the less, it's the nom-de-web I've gone by since I established my Hotmail account fifteen years ago.

So, what's your story? Don't be shy, now...
Bildtstar
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DB Editor
Netherlands

Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 02:07:13 AM »

Bildtstar is actually the name of a potato race. It's developed by farmers in the area where I live, the municipality Het Bildt. They wanted to name it 'The star from Het Bildt' and so Bildtstar was born.

Like Zagnorch I didn't come up with my name too, but I like the name and I'm a proud citizen of Het Bildt! So next time you eat potatoes, it could be me lying on your plate  Shocked

* bildtstar.jpg (16.51 KB, 210x300 - viewed 1324 times.)

Oh No! More Lemmings Skylanders...
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 03:44:45 AM »

mumboking comes from "Mumbo Jumbo" from Banjo Kazooie.
For some reason I decided to add "king" on the end.
The first time I used that name was on ROBLOX in 2007.

I've used this username ever since...
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 12:18:22 AM »

I've been Izret since i first got online in '99. It is my last name backwards.
I ended up having to use various numbers do to lost passwords and what not. I have used 101(longest running/most common), 102(on 360/AIM), 103(360/netflix/AIM), 159(AIM only),369(360/AIM).

I did use the tag Toizy at an adult site/forum. It was during that time when not everyone realized i was still a minor and i didn't want to get the member who invited me in trouble should someone decide to google me.

My username on eBay was originally my mothers account. Since i was not old enough to have an eBay account i used hers all the time and just kept it when i got older so i could keep the feedback. Never changed the handle since i always thought that was sketchy of people.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 03:21:35 PM »

Tynstar is a character from a book. I have been using it for 15+years.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 04:09:16 PM »

Originally, I went by the handle of Wolfbaine002. The name came about because I was playing MechWarrior with a friend, and I'm horrible with names. I wanted to play with Clan Wolf (I like wolves), and ironically he came up with the name Wolfsbane. However, because of the connotation of the name and because it's a commonly used name, I modified it a little and added my favorite number to further prevent it being confused with another person's name.

Later, when playing a PvP modified World of Darkness MUD, I convinced an Admin to allow me to use an abandoned class - Shadow Dragon. I had to come up with a name, so I came up with Shadowclaw. After a while, when I transitioned to another MUD, I made a ninja character and wanted a Japanese-sounding name. Taking inspiration from Japanese mythos and also from my favorite anime character (Major Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell), I again modified the name a little bit and came up with Shadow Kisuragi.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 05:09:29 PM »

Because Golgo 13 is the ultimate bada$$.
</thread>

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 05:31:32 PM »

Because Crabs need to be controlled under an iron fist before they rise and destroy us all!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 05:36:43 PM »

Because Crabs need to be controlled under an iron fist before they rise and destroy us all!!

But the year 2000 has already passed.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 05:38:39 PM »

But the year 2000 has already passed.

They need to be reminded how I crushed the uprising 12 long years ago....

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 05:44:58 PM »

They're rising again!
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 06:27:12 PM »

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 08:29:10 PM »

I want to enable forum karma just so I can applaud that.

We've lost power in the forward Game Boy, Mario is not responding
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2012, 08:54:24 PM »

I want to enable facebook just so i can          Like                that

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2012, 09:21:01 PM »

My SN came about when I was discharging and distancing myself from the Army.  I was lost and different from those around me that have not served. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length