RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:37:27 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Free Microsoft Points - Options? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Free Microsoft Points - Options?  (Read 2565 times)
Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« on: June 28, 2012, 07:03:04 AM »

I didn't want to post this in the games section since it's technically not really a game related topic... Anyhoo...

I'm already using Xbox Rewards. I can't use Bing rewards because I'm in Canada (but need US point cards). That said anyone have any luck with any other things to get free microsoft points? I've read a lot shit saying try points2shop blah blah but since I dunno anyone who's actually used it I'm not just going to run and try it. If you've used anything to get free MS points in say the past year and have had success do tell. Obviously I'm broke and desperate or I wouldn't bother asking...lol

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 08:34:09 AM »

Really wish you could use Bing Rewards. Can you just borrow a US shipping address? They don't ever actually ship you anything when you get codes.

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 08:42:04 AM »

Can't even sign up w/o the use of a proxy. Due to that I did a bit of research. Lot of people say it just isn't working at all for Canadian users.

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 09:49:07 AM »

I has Bing rewards!!! Instructions for Canadians and folks from any country other than US (for Firefox):

Step 1: get Foxy Proxy. You can search Firefox add-ons for this.

Step 2: configure foxy proxy manually:
host/IP: 72.64.146.135  port: 8080

Step 3: add new pattern - whitelist for *bing.com/*

Step 4: sign up and use Bing rewards.

Took me a while to find a proxy that actually allowed signin. Most of them didn't let me get that far. This one seems to be solid. It's based in the US/Florida.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 11:54:06 AM »

Congrats! I have received so many free points from them it is silly.

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 12:37:30 AM »

How many points do you earn per day? I clicked everything possible atm for me to get points and did the searches it allows. Are there other ways to get points daily besides the 10 points for searching?

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 01:08:51 AM »

It depends on what the offers are for you. For example, right now I can do the daily search for 1 point (click the down arrow to see all the offers), 20 points per day in searches (usually 10, but they did a special for this month), and 3 points for sharing 3 searches on Facebook (which you can limit the app to posting so only you can see it). You can also complete the tour to get a bunch of free points (you can only do these once), and after a while you can earn silver and gold status to get discounts on points rewards. I always choose MS points, so with my Gold status, 475 Bing points gets me 400 MSP. I also do the same thing on my wife's account. She doesn't game, so she lets me use her points. I'm tempted to start doing one for my oldest daughter to give her some points to play around with.

Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 07:49:14 PM »

I just joined and I already racked up like 60 bing points.

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 08:21:03 PM »

what the hell are bing rewards?

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 08:55:13 PM »

Please use my link to help me out with points if you sign up: http://go.microsoft.com/?...07-7a1c-0679-0a7f6c656cb1

Bing Rewards is a program through Bing in which you earn points for performing searches. There are also other opportunities to earn points that you will be presented with. There is a max to the number of points you can accrue per day, but it adds up quickly. You can exchange Bing Rewards points for rewards they offer, including MS points. Easy, free, and simple. Highly recommended.

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 09:25:38 PM »

Please use my link to help me out with points if you sign up: http://go.microsoft.com/?...07-7a1c-0679-0a7f6c656cb1

Bing Rewards is a program through Bing in which you earn points for performing searches. There are also other opportunities to earn points that you will be presented with. There is a max to the number of points you can accrue per day, but it adds up quickly. You can exchange Bing Rewards points for rewards they offer, including MS points. Easy, free, and simple. Highly recommended.

Signed up, even though I might never use it...

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2012, 09:42:52 PM »

My phone exclusively uses Bing - is there a way I could hook that up?

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2012, 10:47:19 PM »

My phone exclusively uses Bing - is there a way I could hook that up?

I have no idea. You can't do it on the 360. You could always do it on your phone's browser I suppose.

I recommend doing all of the offers every day. It really adds up quickly.

noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2012, 07:31:29 AM »

sounds awesome. I'll give it a go and sign up thru yr link Shadow.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2012, 08:36:00 AM »

sounds awesome. I'll give it a go and sign up thru yr link Shadow.

You mean Duke's? Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length