RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:18:46 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 11 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 11  (Read 40578 times)
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2013, 01:28:26 PM »

.....that's genius.  Don't let the Snuggy people catch wind of that idea Crabby.

cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2013, 01:50:21 PM »

most of the way through it and love it so far.  i have about 30 min. left to listen but kids are running around and acting crazy so I'll have to continue later.
Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2013, 07:25:53 PM »

I should have noted that the guys didn't need to itemize my pick-ups just because I donated to the site.  It's cool to spark conversation on some of the games, but I don't want my scores to bore the listeners.  40 minutes of the most slow rolling iTunes conversation ever.  Wait, is the 700 Club on iTunes?  I think that mentioning the HOW acquired is usually more important, considering I grab large lots of small scores.  Noting what we get from other members is also important.

Big wrestling fan, so I enjoy playing all the WWF/WWE games from the different eras.  Favorite wrestler - Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat.  That's cool that Johnny Nintendo used to ref.  I did some ring training with a few wrestlers from NWA Georgia and the Carolina organization that spawned the Hardy Boys years ago.  It was an awesome experience, but I'm too short & skinny to have any hope in making it.

The PAL PS1:

The TI-99/4A - with the Duke Togo seal of approval.  We had them in all of our classrooms in elementary school, so we could learn our math with Meteor Multiplication and Dragon Division.  It was the first computer I'd ever used.  And since I modded the video cable, I can play mine on my big screen.  46" of Parsec!  When you can buy an entire system for less than the price of a new game, you should consider finding one.

I'm glad to spark interest in anything Atari, including those cool Hot Wheels cars.  Like Duke, that was the system of my early childhood.

Relax, I can fix it.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2013, 07:57:00 PM »

The small scores was a tad detailed, but we really wanted to drive donations. Maybe some other souls that do want to get talked about a lot will throw in large sums of cash. Still a few days left in the donation drive!

Parsec is pretty fun, even today. The TI was my first computer, and wow I remember spending tons of hours typing in pretty complex BASIC programs out of magazines.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2013, 08:54:03 PM »

Holy crap, even I couldn't believe how much stuff I grabbed in that period.

BTW the reason I didn't include any Nerf scores was... I didn't have any. In fact, I'm downsizing my collection. Figured I should focus more on another hobby.
Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2013, 09:48:35 PM »

@Techie Hey, are you near GA?  I don't think I mentioned it, but after the Reffing, I went on to wrestle for a few years.  You are right though, being 150 lbs. and 5'7'' doesn't help.  I think there is a short clip on YouTube of me getting hit with a backbreaker.  If you ever want to find it, look up Penny Koloff or Kolloff, I can't remember how it was spelled on there.  Anyway, I was the "great nephew" of Ivan Koloff.  The Moscow Mauler.....The Siberian Strangler......   The Crushin' Russian.......PENNY KOLOFF!    Wait.....this is a retro gaming site right?!

EDIT:  Oh, and I had a blanket with a hole in it too, but it wasn't for a controller cord....
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 09:52:02 PM by Johnny Nintendo » Logged

Looking for CIB NES games..........even Silent Service.
I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2013, 11:08:54 PM »

Yaa! Game sniffing is cool!!

Lol at the RPG blankie

Do you have one too or is it just me?

My mom has been making quilts for several years now and I've actually talked to her about making me a special RPG blankie with a small hole in it for the controller cord to pass through. One day......

i think it's just you XD i do play with a blanket if it's cold, but i don't have a special blanket for games lol
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2013, 11:41:21 PM »

Just donated $20.  I can't wait to get started on my scores.....

Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2013, 02:33:19 AM »

@Techie Hey, are you near GA?  I don't think I mentioned it, but after the Reffing, I went on to wrestle for a few years.  You are right though, being 150 lbs. and 5'7'' doesn't help.  I think there is a short clip on YouTube of me getting hit with a backbreaker.  If you ever want to find it, look up Penny Koloff or Kolloff, I can't remember how it was spelled on there.  Anyway, I was the "great nephew" of Ivan Koloff.  The Moscow Mauler.....The Siberian Strangler......   The Crushin' Russian.......PENNY KOLOFF!    Wait.....this is a retro gaming site right?!

I was stationed in NC for a few years, but I did spend some time in GA.  The only role I played in a live show was that a buddy that was wrestling one night at the Sanford Armory told everyone in the locker room that I was a scout for the WWF.  He didn't tell me until after the show, so I kept wondering why everyone was looking my way during their walk-ins.  And the out-of-ring stuff kept happening right in front of me.  Personally, it made for a great show where I was sitting.

Relax, I can fix it.

Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2013, 06:23:36 AM »

Ha, that is a great story.  I would have been doing stuff outside the ring in front of you too.

Looking for CIB NES games..........even Silent Service.
I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
fergojisan
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2013, 08:24:21 AM »

Congrats to Bill, my alias is indeed Japanese and he pronounce it correctly. It means "Uncle Ferg" in Japanese, which is what I am to my niece and nephews. I thought "Uncle Ferg" sounded a little creepy. And I am, of course, Polish.
Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2013, 10:20:38 AM »

Congrats to Bill, my alias is indeed Japanese and he pronounce it correctly. It means "Uncle Ferg" in Japanese, which is what I am to my niece and nephews. I thought "Uncle Ferg" sounded a little creepy. And I am, of course, Polish.

Everyone on my grandfathers side is Polish!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2013, 10:25:30 AM »

Congrats to Bill, my alias is indeed Japanese and he pronounce it correctly.

YEAH! What does that make me?   1 for 37 so far?  I'm on a roll!

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2013, 10:56:29 AM »

Everyone on my grandfathers side is Polish!

Maybe this should be the Eastern Europe edition of the Collectorcast. I'm half Ukrainian, maybe I can contribute some borscht.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2013, 04:52:38 PM »

I keep forgetting that you guys do these threads.  Man, I'm probably too late to defend Sonic Adventure 2.  Crap, now what do I talk about.  Ho-hum. Hmm...  Well, there's this-.  Nope, forgot already.  Oh, now I remember.  I really hope once the donation drive finishes you guys still talk about the small scores as much as you just did.  I like the issues that are part of the discussion, but I love hearing you guys gush on about the scores.  Makes me want to hit the thrifts during my lunch break.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length