RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:57:34 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 16 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 16  (Read 19322 times)
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 09:31:23 AM »

I like him. Thanks for pointing out the youtube channel Shadow. Can't wait to hear the podcast now.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 01:01:23 PM »

Indy 500 is common. That big box version isnt super common! Plus it is the best racing game ever!

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 03:36:40 PM »

Crabby didn't get into Walking Dead because he doesn't like any game not on a Nintendo system. Walking Dead, Bioshock 1 & 2, Borderlands...... insert any non-Nintendo game here.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2013, 04:34:58 PM »

I thought he would've confused it with Zombie Nation.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2013, 04:49:13 PM »

Crabby didn't get into Walking Dead because he doesn't like any game not on a Nintendo system. Walking Dead, Bioshock 1 & 2, Borderlands...... insert any non-Nintendo game here.

Crabby really likes a lot of PS2 RPGs, so he's not a complete Nintendo snob. I like it that he plays things that are a lot different than what I usually do. It leads me into new territory.

Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2013, 06:59:49 PM »

I'll be the first to admit I have a soft spot for Nintendo System, but not necessarily games. I've been pretty vocal about my taste in many of the big Nintendo franchises such as Metroid, Zelda, and Animal Crossing on the podcast in the past. And I definitely wouldn't be putting much time into most Mario, Yoshi and Kirby games if I didn't have a 5 year old who wants to play them with me.

There are many games on Nintendo systems that I love, but they (surprisingly) typically aren't published by Nintendo. And that is true for pretty much any of their systems (Wii U being the exception at the moment). Their hardware is typically the most reliable and I am a BIG fan of their controllers, Wii included. Their games are mostly mediocre though with a few exceptions.

Here are some of my favorite games that came out this last gen Tynstar to give you some perspective into my likes/dislikes:

3D Dot Game Heroes
Catherine
Brutal Legend
Blue Dragon
Lost Odyssey
Enslaved
Heavy Rain
Sam & Max Seasons 1 & 2
Muramasa The Demon Blade
Fire Emblem
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Sin & Punishment
King of Fighters XIII
Mirror's Edge
Silent Hill Shattered Memories
A Boy and His Blob
Deathsmiles
Lollipop Chainsaw
Persona 4 Arena
Valkyria Chronicles
Guilty Gear XX
Castle of Shikigami III
Batman Arkham Asylum
Pikmin New Play Control

4 Nintendo Published titles doesn't seem like a lot and they definitely aren't the typical franchises you'd expect other than Smash Bros. There is also a distinct lack of shooters in there which is probably a huge reason why I don't enjoy games like Bioshock or Borderlands. I'm not their target audience. Walking Dead I honestly thought I would love from what I heard. It may be a case of me buying into the hype and having completely different expectations of the game than what was delivered to me. In particular I kept hearing about the voice acting and story were incredible and pushed the boundaries of video game story telling. In the first episode I played I round the game to be VERY video game-ish and not at all what I was expecting based on what I heard.

Basically I'm trying to say that I tend to favor Nintendo hardware, but not necessarily their games. I did however find that in the Wii generation that system had far and away more games on it that appealed to my gaming tastes than both other systems did combined. I like many of the goofy and quirky games that got a retail release on the Wii and were either passed over on the other systems or were downloadable only.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2013, 07:06:12 PM »

As I mentioned in the show, I think if you go farther with the Walking Dead, you'll enjoy it. Episode 1 is pretty tame, but it's job is just to really introduce the characters to you. The plot gets deep the farther in you go.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2013, 09:11:49 PM »

I didnt like the controls for it but it was a good game. It just seems like you dont like anything Crabby.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2013, 09:29:21 PM »

I didnt like the controls for it but it was a good game. It just seems like you dont like anything Crabby.

I get the impression that Crabs is a bit finicky, games-wise. Thing is, when he talks about games he doesn't much care for, he does it in a tone of understated disappointment, rather than in a rabid, apoplectic rage... which I kinda dig, actually. Sadly, I'm probably the only one who digs it. I seriously doubt people are gonna flock to the next big gaming convention to see "The Mildly Disappointed, Only Slightly Peeved Video Game Nerd."
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 09:30:56 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
smith45885
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2013, 10:33:33 PM »

Pretty cool hearing my finds in the small scores! The 45885 is just a zipcode. Lol
Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2013, 10:46:14 PM »

I like sooooooo many games. We just aren't talking about the right ones Wink

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2013, 10:59:36 PM »

laugh laugh laugh

"The nupoile Explosion"

[img width=700 height=1418]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7456/9360975673_d1a086e0d5_o.jpg[/img]

That's not even all of it   Tongue
TheSaintOfPain
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2013, 11:52:33 PM »

Great show and interview, guys.  You got one thing wrong, though:  I am NOT a friend to EVERYONE.  There are literally billions of people that I have never met. Tongue

Just Take A Look Around And What Do You See?
Pain, Suffering, And Misery.
It's Not The Way The World Was Planned;
It's A Pity You Don't Understand.

--Black Sabbath, "Killing Yourself To Live"
bearmetal
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2013, 11:45:54 AM »

I have actually wanted to try the Odyssey 2, specifically quest for the rings. I'm intrigued by the video game/board game mix. I haven't actually bitten the bullet yet to find a way to try it. From what I'm hearing I'm not missing much though lol.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2013, 01:30:17 PM »

YEA!!!!! They're back!!!! WOOOOP, WOOOOP!

banana

Is that better?
You stole Banana's banana.

Expect a letter from my attorney.....

[img width=400 height=300]http://i.cdn.turner.com/asfix/repository/8a25c392127763f00112776b1ff20001/harvey-birdman-attorney-at-law-the-ill-take-the-case-timeline.jpg[/img]

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length