RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:50:44 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 3! 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 3!  (Read 998401 times)
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3780 on: September 23, 2014, 06:31:02 AM »

Grabbed this from Barracuda. Thanks man!

GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3781 on: September 23, 2014, 08:31:52 AM »

Got this in the mail yesterday - Now I just need to get 2 & 3 Complete in Box.

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #3782 on: September 23, 2014, 08:38:52 AM »

WHOA!
"YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE WHAT'S INSIDE!"
FREE PLAYER'S GUIDE!
I find this funny.
Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #3783 on: September 23, 2014, 05:29:44 PM »

Picked up these two guys. That's 46 to go on SNES and 55 on NES!

Running out of games to buy.
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #3784 on: September 23, 2014, 08:21:30 PM »

I bought these tonight. Venom was a separate figure, but the rest was all a bundle.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3785 on: September 23, 2014, 08:34:20 PM »

I went to the DAV today and found some jewel case PC games for 19 cents each!

SWAT 3 Elite Edition
Code Blue
Micro Machines: Adventures in Time

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3786 on: September 23, 2014, 08:41:12 PM »

I was glad to find out that my local Goodwill isn't always a wasteland. Got these for $5.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3787 on: September 23, 2014, 09:32:04 PM »

^  non-video game finds on a red couch.

I approve.
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3788 on: September 23, 2014, 10:24:31 PM »

I was glad to find out that my local Goodwill isn't always a wasteland. Got these for $5.

Nice! Heart's debut album.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3789 on: September 23, 2014, 10:25:42 PM »

I bought these tonight. Venom was a separate figure, but the rest was all a bundle.

Damn. Got to start looking for these now. I want Thor and Venom!!!

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3790 on: September 24, 2014, 01:07:05 AM »

I was able to see the new Infinity 2.0 figures a couple of weeks ago, when the girl in the Fred Meyer electronics department (and fellow game enthusiast) was excited to bring some out from the back room.  They're cool looking...mostly.  I'm still not sold on getting started on the collection.

Relax, I can fix it.

Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3791 on: September 24, 2014, 03:38:02 AM »

An assortment of gaming pick-ups, fixes, and playing has happened since I last checked in.  And "Big Ol'" says hello, sorta.

In non-chronological order, we begin.

From Craigslist:

A great lot that required a drive up the highway, but it was worth it.

Not shown, since they already moved on:

PS2 Champions of Norrath - CB
PS2 Champions: Return to Arms - C

Truth be told, I spent $150 on the above lot, but the already sold and arranged sales with cover it and I will keep the two games that initiated the purchase - Sunset Riders and Turtles in Time.  The consoles were extras for me so will move on.

NOTABLES, besides the working consoles -
Sunset Riders (SNES)
TMNT Turtles in Time (SNES)
LOTR Battle For Middle Earth Anthology (PC)
Mega Man X4, X5, and X6 (PS1)
Meta Slug Anthology CIB (PS2) FS/FT

Also from Craigslist, and I can't provide a pic because of how fast it moved to someone I intended it to end up with:

PRETEND YOU SEE IT HERE.

I bought an awesome black Sega Dreamcast Sega Sports console with black controller from a guy for $20 because it kept shutting off after a couple of minutes.  I opened it up, scrubbed the pins connecting the power board to the main board with Brasso (love the stuff) and rubbing alcohol to remove the oxidation, put it back together and DAMN IF IT DIDN'T WORK LIKE A CHAMP.  Then I drove it over to my buddy's house and sold it to him for my cost.  Yes, it was a great find.

CDWorld and retail:

I couldn't pass up Final Fight One for GBA.

Thrift stores:

GODZILLA for a Gojira fan!  Unleashed was their standard Wii game price of $8 with cover/no manual.  Sweet deal for a game averaging $45, disc only!  Destroy all Monsters is a double for me and FS/FT.  Oh look, Captain Power tapes.  Does anyone still have the toys and want them?

Not much from that thrift stop.

AND THESE ARE ALL FS/FT SINCE I HAVE ENOUGH TROUBLE TRYING TO KEEP UP WITH MY EXISTING 500+ LIBRARY.

I have actually been compiling Halo books found for a while.  Tonight I added another, plus a Balder's Gate II guide and a bunch of Wing Commander books.

BREAK FOR A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT.

The girlfriend got her first taste of a true Metal concert last week when she accompanied the usual lot of us for Five Finger Death Punch, Volbeat, Hell Yeah, and Nothing More to SLC.  It was the 3rd time that my brother and I have seen 5FDP (the first being a meet and greet that I will never forget) and 2nd time for me with Hell Yeah (signed Vinnie Paul drum head on my wall).  It was 5 hours of absolute AWESOME!  I can't express how much 5FDP appreciates their fans and puts on an amazing show.  And Volbeat had such a long set that we were literally worn out by the end and needed a break to catch our breath, although the band kept going.  Get your tickets now for this awesome tour!

And finally, my non-gaming finds because I both enjoy seeing other people show off their other random interests and enjoy posting mine.

Yes, I just worked a promo for Ivan and the boys above.  But I still love the classics, and I found a sweet stack of Neil vinyls for $0.50 each, plus Moody Blues, BTO, and Fogelberg.  Yes, I can relate when I watch Saving Silverman.  Neil's the man!

« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 04:02:45 AM by Techie413 » Logged

Relax, I can fix it.

TheBoss
Sega CD
Denmark

Stats
« Reply #3792 on: September 24, 2014, 05:40:35 AM »

Fate Extra Limited Edition

Spoiler (hover to show)

And since we are showing cat pictures again Grin

Summer is niceeee

Amiga and PC gamer/collector
zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3793 on: September 24, 2014, 09:22:29 AM »

I went to the two local Half Price Books yesterday and used my two 40% off one item coupons (gave these out because they shut down one of the stores for a week) to pick up Mario vs. Donkey Kong Mini Land Mayhem for 4.00 CIB for DS and Battle Masters tabletop game in the box (made by same people as Hero Quest) for 7.00. The Battle Masters game was an especially solid deal as it routinely is a $50 item on the online auction sites. The day before I used the coupon to pick up a copy of Phantasy Star II in case without manual for 7.00 and also grabbed Keith Courage for TG16 for 4.00.

Not amazing deals, but solid finds with the coupons...and I never see TG16 stuff in the wild except for the occasional item at that HPB location (I've seen TG16 stuff there 3-4 times and picked up most of the stuff they had each time).
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3794 on: September 24, 2014, 07:28:32 PM »

Nice haul Techie!

I got these in a trade with a coworker. Too bad I won't be able to play Gradius III for the playthrough in December!

Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length