RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 04:10:36 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2  (Read 201179 times)
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1830 on: October 10, 2014, 04:07:14 AM »

Played a ton of Borderlands 2 with my brother tonight, probably going to play again tomorrow too. Tonight we did a side-quest involving the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles that made me crack up.

BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #1831 on: October 10, 2014, 08:38:01 AM »

Destiny. Only Destiny. Stuck where I have been for more than a week now: level 25, frustratingly completing bounties and dailies in the hopes that I'll get a good drop for once.

On the plus side, I think I've found a group of guys that will help me start to complete some of the harder weekly missions and raids. We'll see.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1832 on: October 10, 2014, 08:42:47 AM »

Destiny. Only Destiny. Stuck where I have been for more than a week now: level 25, frustratingly completing bounties and dailies in the hopes that I'll get a good drop for once.

On the plus side, I think I've found a group of guys that will help me start to complete some of the harder weekly missions and raids. We'll see.

I'm right there with you. Level 24 and doing well in PVP/PVE but just can't seem to get anything above a blue for the life of me! Oh well, they'll come eventually haha
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1833 on: October 10, 2014, 08:55:47 AM »

I'm about half way through Alan Wake for the community playthrough.

I'm also playing Corpse Party on the PSP.  Interesting game, but I'm using a walkthrough to get through it because there's just too much trial and error involved.

I was doing an EX mode playthrough of Parasite Eve, but gave up on it because I didn't feel like grinding through 77 floors of the Chrysler building.

As far as co-op stuff goes (when I get a chance to play online, that is), I'm doing another playthrough of Borderlands 2 with a friend of mine.  Another friend and I are in the middle of both Left 4 Dead 2 and Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City.  Operation Raccoon City doesn't deserve nearly as much hate as it got when it first came out.  We're having a lot of fun with it.

zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1834 on: October 10, 2014, 09:26:03 AM »

I'm also playing Corpse Party on the PSP.  Interesting game, but I'm using a walkthrough to get through it because there's just too much trial and error involved.

I was doing an EX mode playthrough of Parasite Eve, but gave up on it because I didn't feel like grinding through 77 floors of the Chrysler building.

As far as co-op stuff goes (when I get a chance to play online, that is), I'm doing another playthrough of Borderlands 2 with a friend of mine.  Another friend and I are in the middle of both Left 4 Dead 2 and Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City.  Operation Raccoon City doesn't deserve nearly as much hate as it got when it first came out.  We're having a lot of fun with it.

I really need to start getting involved with the community playthroughs. My problem is that I have limited time to play games, and I'm addicted to Destiny haha
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1835 on: October 10, 2014, 10:00:26 AM »

I'm sure it's no surprise to anyone that I've been absorbed in the latest Skylanders game. I'm about 3/4th of the way through the adventure mode, and am presently backtracking through the early levels to open all the elemental portals, pick up all the treasures and soul gems, and complete all the challenges.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1836 on: October 10, 2014, 10:06:09 AM »

I'm also playing Corpse Party on the PSP.  Interesting game, but I'm using a walkthrough to get through it because there's just too much trial and error involved.

As far as co-op stuff goes (when I get a chance to play online, that is), I'm doing another playthrough of Borderlands 2 with a friend of mine.  Another friend and I are in the middle of both Left 4 Dead 2 and Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City.  Operation Raccoon City doesn't deserve nearly as much hate as it got when it first came out.  We're having a lot of fun with it.

RE: ORC was hated on too much.
I really enjoyed it. It was great to get a "rehashed" game that was from a totally new perspective. I was hoping they would do it again but i don't think sales and reviews were good enough for them to warrant it.

I have about 20 people who have offered to play through Borderlands 2 with me but i haven't had the harddrive space to download all the DLC so i keep putting it off. I really should make more of an effort to get that one played.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1837 on: October 10, 2014, 10:57:39 AM »

I'm with both of you guys on Raccoon City. That game was tits.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1838 on: October 10, 2014, 11:17:17 AM »

RE: ORC was hated on too much.
I really enjoyed it. It was great to get a "rehashed" game that was from a totally new perspective. I was hoping they would do it again but i don't think sales and reviews were good enough for them to warrant it.

Yeah, as a big RE fan myself, it's awesome playing through the events from RE 2 and 3 from a different perspective.  I have to keep explaining all of the lore and references to my friend that I'm playing with, and after a while he just responded with "Man, you REALLY know your Resident Evil."   Grin

I'm with both of you guys on Raccoon City. That game was tits.

I think games like ORC just go to show that you can't place too much importance on review scores.  This isn't the only game that I've played recently that was universally panned but I still enjoyed it.  We're already talking about starting up Aliens: Colonial Marines soon.  I'm sure it'll be a fun ride, at least in co-op.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1839 on: October 10, 2014, 11:47:42 AM »

We're already talking about starting up Aliens: Colonial Marines soon.  I'm sure it'll be a fun ride, at least in co-op.

Well, let's not get too crazy...

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1840 on: October 10, 2014, 11:54:49 AM »

It seems like most of the good games that end up with bad reviews are because people have set expectations too high.
If you don't go in expecting perfection or hoping the game is going to be something it isn't then generally you can have fun with it.

Colonial Marines i haven't played much of myself. People who bought it right around launch seemed to like it less than those who have played it later.

Similarly when i've seen what people had to say about Duke Nukem Forever who started it well after release have said the game isn't AAA by any means but it isn't atrocious.

ANYWAYS!
As for what i am playing.
More Project Spark.

kozmo
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #1841 on: October 10, 2014, 04:19:37 PM »

Currently knee deep in Shovel Knight, Im almost done though!
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1842 on: October 10, 2014, 05:34:15 PM »

Plants vs. Zombies (WP7) - Playing at work tonight during breaks.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1843 on: October 11, 2014, 07:28:07 AM »

Had a long Vita morning. First I finished Unit 13, which I had previously been playing only at work. I needed to make some room on Vita because there are so many games for it in general, and too many on my Vita specifically, and I didn't have room for Rainbow Moon.

Even better, I read some strategies for where I was stuck in Persona 4 Golden, so with one badass OP Persona called Thor (with maxed out corresponding social link), that boss I was stuck on was a cakewalk.

So now I'm down to only two games currently in progress. Persona 4 Golden and System Shock 2, which I'm trying to set up for the November Community Playthrough. I'm surprised just how far out of my comfort zone System Shock 2 is and I'm very glad I took the time to start playing it early.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1844 on: October 11, 2014, 11:43:32 AM »

I needed to make some room on Vita because there are so many games for it in general, and too many on my Vita specifically, and I didn't have room for Rainbow Moon.

I loled for real.

You sure the storage space isn't too small and the game sizes are too big?

I know that is the case with nearly everything on my 360 Tongue

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length