RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:51:52 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Community Playthrough Suggestion Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37 Print
Author Topic: Community Playthrough Suggestion Thread  (Read 205733 times)
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2013, 05:17:25 AM »

Excellent picks Duke. So excellent, you may see one in particular very soon Wink

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2013, 08:50:19 AM »

Ou la la! I wonder what game that could be.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2013, 11:16:57 AM »

#winning

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2013, 12:32:57 PM »

Just though of another one maybe for December. Gremlins 2 for NES. I always watch the movie around the holiday because it happens on Xmas eve so thought it would be a Xmas kind of game. Super fun to play.

Now your playing with power!
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2013, 12:33:16 PM »

Just though of another one maybe for December. Gremlins 2 for NES. I always watch the movie around the holiday because it happens on Xmas eve so thought it would be a Xmas kind of game. Super fun to play.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2013, 12:53:19 PM »

Die Hard is a christmas NES title too. Tongue

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2013, 01:04:32 PM »

Is Gremlins 2 set at Christmas time? I know the first movie was.

Die Hard is a little too pricey for a playthrough. Smiley

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2013, 03:52:27 PM »

You are correct that's what I kinda meant. The movie is Xmas time and the nes game is based on the second movie which isn't around Xmas lol

Die hard would be brutal to play through ha

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2013, 04:03:02 PM »

Huh...I find copies of Die Hard all the time for < $20. Guess I should pick up a few more.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2013, 04:11:22 PM »

Huh...I find copies of Die Hard all the time for < $20. Guess I should pick up a few more.

Uhhhh......yeah man. Grab those. Quickly.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2013, 04:11:50 PM »

I've suggested a few to Single Banana but I'll post a few retro's here too. I realize the length or difficulty of the game is very important. I also think the less mainstream the better as I believe a play-through would be more enjoyable with games we all don't know like the back of our hands. Finally, a game that you can talk about. I love Marble Madness as much as the next guy, but I really don't have anything to say about it.

Phantasy Star (SMS) - My favorite game. Criminally underrated because very few people played it when it came out. The best graphics ever on an 8-bit system (fact), great music, great animation, charming, smart, deep, inventive, unique. It's a shame so few people played this when it came out. It came out in 1987 and is still /insert positive adjective/ than most 16-bit RPGs.

Phantasy Star II (GEN) - My other favorite game. So far ahead of it's time. A top echelon plot, ground breaking storyline (a certain RPG copied part of it and got credit for being so innovative), and one of the best endings in video game history.

Starflight (GEN) - Very unique and should be a new experience for most people. I think it would spur a lot of discussion because it's not straight-forward and there are a ton of variables.

Act Raiser (SNES) - An excellent action/sim game. The length, difficultly, and availability would make a great play-through.

Out of this World/Another World (3DO, SNES, GEN, PC, other?) - Above average difficulty, very unique, nice password system, not everyone has played it.

Strider (NES and GEN) - I saw this posted earlier. Two completely different games but both fun. One by itself might be too short for a play-through, but the both of them combined would be great.

Some quickies

Young Merlin (SNES) - A pretty fun Zelda-style game. Never finished it, got stuck near the end.

Kid Icarus (NES) - Can't believe they never made a Super Nintendo version. Could've been great.

Zillion (SMS) - Sega's Metroid. Unfortunately, no password.

Shadow Run (SNES) - Cyberpunk heaven.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2013, 04:30:29 PM »

I've suggested a few to Single Banana but I'll post a few retro's here too. I realize the length or difficulty of the game is very important. I also think the less mainstream the better as I believe a play-through would be more enjoyable with games we all don't know like the back of our hands. Finally, a game that you can talk about. I love Marble Madness as much as the next guy, but I really don't have anything to say about it.

Phantasy Star (SMS) - My favorite game. Criminally underrated because very few people played it when it came out. The best graphics ever on an 8-bit system (fact), great music, great animation, charming, smart, deep, inventive, unique. It's a shame so few people played this when it came out. It came out in 1987 and is still /insert positive adjective/ than most 16-bit RPGs.

Phantasy Star II (GEN) - My other favorite game. So far ahead of it's time. A top echelon plot, ground breaking storyline (a certain RPG copied part of it and got credit for being so innovative), and one of the best endings in video game history.

Starflight (GEN) - Very unique and should be a new experience for most people. I think it would spur a lot of discussion because it's not straight-forward and there are a ton of variables.

Act Raiser (SNES) - An excellent action/sim game. The length, difficultly, and availability would make a great play-through.

Out of this World/Another World (3DO, SNES, GEN, PC, other?) - Above average difficulty, very unique, nice password system, not everyone has played it.

Strider (NES and GEN) - I saw this posted earlier. Two completely different games but both fun. One by itself might be too short for a play-through, but the both of them combined would be great.

Some quickies

Young Merlin (SNES) - A pretty fun Zelda-style game. Never finished it, got stuck near the end.

Kid Icarus (NES) - Can't believe they never made a Super Nintendo version. Could've been great.

Zillion (SMS) - Sega's Metroid. Unfortunately, no password.

Shadow Run (SNES) - Cyberpunk heaven.

I really like a lot of these suggestions.  I know it's been mentioned a lot already, but I've had the Phantasy Star series on my mind since I've recently acquired most of the series.  Shadowrun is another game I was considering suggesting myself.  I played that one a good bit as a kid but could never get very far....

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2013, 04:53:18 PM »

These are all good suggestions and we will definitely take them into consideration. I would like to run some SMS titles in the future, but have concerns that many of our members do not have that system. Good thing there are power converters out there, though at the cost of those and the price of the game(s) it might be tough. Maybe I could start a thread so see how many members would be interested in SMS titles.

BTW, my local store has a boxed converter for $30 if anyone needs it. Smiley

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2013, 04:06:11 PM »

I would like to run some SMS titles in the future, but have concerns that many of our members do not have that system.
I'm a big SMS guy. Atrocious marketing and no third party support was it's biggest saboteur. There are very few good games unique to the console. A lot of sports/shooting games, games that can be found on Genesis, and games that have a simple presentation akin to early NES games.

I know the library very well and I can only think of 4 or 5 good games that would work for a play-through.
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2013, 08:08:09 PM »

Man SMS has the best version of Double Dragon! It actually has two player support and better graphics. NES can suck it!

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length