RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:11:49 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The small "Toy" scores thread 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 Print
Author Topic: The small "Toy" scores thread  (Read 276215 times)
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #735 on: August 07, 2022, 10:55:21 PM »

Uh-ohhh... I just can't help myself... to quote the immortal Dr. Robotnik: SOMEBODY STOP ME!!!

Whoops, too late:

Shocked Shocked Shocked ZOMFG THEY'RE DOING IT JUNKION STYLE!!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Oh great, now I have the image of Wreck-Gar's O-face burned into my brain for all eternity...
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #736 on: August 29, 2022, 11:01:46 AM »

I throw this here since it's more toy pick ups then anything.  Pick ups yesterday from a local toy show.  It was a record setting day for Battle Beasts for me!  Also got my Marvel Spotlight 28 back from grading.  Picked up the Burger King Universal Monsters to setup around Halloween.

jcalder8
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #737 on: August 29, 2022, 03:52:25 PM »

I love Battle Beasts!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #738 on: August 30, 2022, 03:47:25 PM »

Man, I remember Battle Beasts from when I was a kid.  So awesome.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #739 on: August 31, 2022, 02:24:00 AM »

Neat-o... you're really stacking up the Battle Beasts scores, ain't ya!

BTW do the rub symbols on those bad boys still work? Sadly, while I know a couple places where one can buy replacement Transformers rubs, I haven't encountered a site that offers them for Battle Beasts.

Hey, speaking of Transformers:

And now, time to break out my fave TransFormers triple-threat, along with a few third-party upgrades:

Wow, that's quite the stack of pics.

ANYway, let's see some more toy scores posted here, guys. I feel kinda guilty hogging this thread...

-'Late
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #740 on: August 31, 2022, 08:05:08 AM »

Neat-o... you're really stacking up the Battle Beasts scores, ain't ya!

BTW do the rub symbols on those bad boys still work? Sadly, while I know a couple places where one can buy replacement Transformers rubs, I haven't encountered a site that offers them for Battle Beasts.

-'Late

Yep, been pretty lucky with them lately.

Some rubs work, others don't.  It's a bit mixed.  I've seen replacement ones on eBay but haven't felt the need to purchase any.

Always liked Blitzwing as that's one of the few G1s I actually had as a kid.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #741 on: September 07, 2022, 02:52:41 AM »

Always liked Blitzwing as that's one of the few G1s I actually had as a kid.

I wonder how well you'll still like him after I reveal his deepest, darkest secret:

That's right: Blitzwing likes to get... blitzed-wing.

Amirite?

BTW Steel Reserve?! I'd rather have a Budweiser, myself...
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #742 on: September 10, 2022, 04:40:02 PM »

All righty, folks, it's time to get wild.

Check him out connected to Menasor:

Oh wait, let's do a reverse angle:

Ah, there he is!

Dang, Menasor has absolutely no @$$ whatsoever. Time to do some squats, bud...

Some robo-kegels, as it were.

ZOMFG it's... Dennis the Menasor!!!

Not wanting to leave out my fellow RF gentlemen residing on the east end of "the pond" (God save the King, amirite?), here's Dennis the Menasor, UK edition:

Aaaand that's about it for now. I am expecting a few more playthings in the next month or so... some of which aren't even Transformers! Like OMG, right! Is your mind just BTFO by this revelation, or what!

-'Late
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #743 on: September 12, 2022, 09:27:57 AM »

That Wild Rider looks pretty nice but I'm not crazy about that Menasor.  Can you turn the leg around to even see the car?

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #744 on: September 12, 2022, 02:27:39 PM »

That Wild Rider looks pretty nice but I'm not crazy about that Menasor. Can you turn the leg around to even see the car?

You mean like this:

A problem with this, however, is a reverse knee bend:

Perhaps some third-party outfit will put out an uopgrade kit to address this issue? One can only hope...
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #745 on: September 12, 2022, 04:26:10 PM »

Yeah so strange that's how they did it.

I finally got my G1 Computron put together. was a little nervous getting the head bent on afterburner and clicking them all into place but it worked out.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #746 on: September 13, 2022, 12:59:12 AM »

Hey now,

Yeah so strange that's how they did it.

I finally got my G1 Computron put together. was a little nervous getting the head bent on afterburner and clicking them all into place but it worked out.

It definitely looks like something Grimlock created, at least in the G1 toon show. And no, that's NOT a compliment. I mean, no offense, but I'll take hidden-leg-cars Menasor over... whatever the heck that hot mess is. Man, after Devastator, Predaking, and Menasor, there's a really big dropoff in the aesthetics of the G1 combiners. But hey, if it makes you happy, then I'm happy for ya, my good man.

ANYway, I have a toy score I picked up some time back that's neither a TransFormer, nor a GoBot, nor a Voltron, nor a RoboCop, if you can believe it. Heck, it ain't even a Star Trek or a Star Wars... though it is the central piece of a beloved space-opera show from my childhood.

Just a little taste to get you hooked and wanting more.

Until then...

...'Late
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 01:04:41 AM by Zagnorch » Logged
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #747 on: October 10, 2022, 11:00:03 PM »

Hey now yet again,

Remember that non-Transformers toy that I teased in my last post, and said that I'd reveal in my next post?

Yeah, well, I lied; deal with it.

And now, a sumptuous selection of signature Cybertronians that I sought out and subsequently snapped up:

Introducing the Tarjay-exclusive Tonkanator, AKA the brother that Devastator doesn't like to talk about.

A neat little tribute to the classic metal Tonka dumptrucks and other construction vehicle toys from back in the day. Sadly, my parents wouldn't shell out the extra green for Tonkas; I had to settle for Nylint, the Hydrox to Tonka's Oreo. Other than that, I'm surprised they didn't try to incorporate the GoBots brand into this set somehow, seeing as how Tonka distributed the GoBots toys in the U.S. back in the day. And Hasbro owns the GoBots IP after acquiring Tonka many years back, so it's not like there were any licensing costs to worry about.

ANYway, looks like one of the team members is a big fan of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar:

All right, what else is there-- ah, here we go:

Aaaaand introducing Elita-1, the G1 show's first lady transformer, and Optimus Prime'smain squeeze.

A little shoot with her Power of the Primes counterpart:

Uh-oh... looks like trouble's brewing between my Transformers toys and my Sonic toys:

At least Megatron got a sweet skateboard out of the deal:

This what I come up with when I'm extremely bored and have a lot of spare time on my hands. Oh, I could do something else like play video games, but where's the fun in that?

ANYway, I have a few more things coming in over the next week, which I might show off to y'all... or not, I dunno. All I can say is that they may or may not be robots... or cyborgs... or androids. But they most likely will be.

Until next time...

...'Late
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 11:04:43 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #748 on: March 20, 2023, 04:02:54 PM »

Hey now!

After five months of injury and recuperation, it's time to make my triumphant return to this thread!

And what better way to do this than to reveal my BIGGEST "small" toy score yet:

All right, here we go:

And now, the big reveal:

All right, let's bring it all together, and...

Aaaand there you have it.

Until next time...

...'Late
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #749 on: March 20, 2023, 10:27:45 PM »

I had a Voltron in the 80's, I think this was more detail than I experienced owning one.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length