RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:26:18 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | How did you discover RF Generation? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: How did you discover RF Generation?  (Read 16024 times)
Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2014, 06:35:37 PM »

When I started collecting a few years ago, I was only really wanting to center on handhelds that I hadn't played before.  An Atari Touch Me on eBay was actually the spark, and that was just because I was going to show it off like a crazy old man to a friend's kids that were "DSing" at the time.  The first two consoles that I bought were the WonderSwan and NGPC.  I bought some NES and SNES titles from when I was a kid and that blew the lid off, but I digress.  When I was looking into buying odd handhelds, I spent a lot of time on Youtube watching reviews and unboxing videos. 

Gamester81 pointed me to RFGeneration in the comments section of one of his videos.  And that is how I got here.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2014, 07:02:47 PM »

Speaking of which Techie, I found my NGPCs. I don't know if you have the random one I came across with the very bland box. I'll snap a picture tomorrow for you. Did you ever explain your original name that you signed up to the site with? Or the subsequent changes? Wink
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 07:07:52 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2014, 02:53:28 AM »

Speaking of which Techie, I found my NGPCs. I don't know if you have the random one I came across with the very bland box. I'll snap a picture tomorrow for you. Did you ever explain your original name that you signed up to the site with? Or the subsequent changes? Wink
The first NGPC I purchased was a CIB clear console, then I found a blue camo version for a good price on Amazon.  Keep in mind that I was really not a serious collector back them.  I was trying out the random stuff.  Since then, I found a nice loose clear console that I play now for cheap.  No consoles added since then.

The original username was an odd band name that I had come up with (and had always wanted to use somewhere) when I was working in Korea as a contractor, shortly after I got out of the Army.  Working in a NOC, a.k.a. network monitoring center, you have to find time killers.  The guys and I thought it would be fun to create a fake band and post it on a local events website.  We even got some groupies to promote us.  I can sing and play guitar, but the rest of the guys didn't have much experience in music - No, the clarinet won't get you a rock record deal, so Rob had to say he played the keyboard.  But we needed a drummer, so his wife could do it.  And I came up with Box In The Back.  If anyone wants to use the name, good luck in your quest for rock stardom.  I would appreciate the nod.

Rtype84
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2014, 11:41:47 AM »

MetalJesus YouTube video
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2014, 11:45:13 AM »

I'm sure that a lot of people will be able to say that now. Wink
I left a comment on his video thanking him for the coverage.

Sun-Wukong
Tiger Gizmondo

United States

Stats
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2014, 12:17:47 AM »

Yeah, same here. I had been using The Backloggery, but I like this better.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2014, 08:06:16 AM »

Welcome, glad that you are enjoying the site. Smiley

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2014, 11:17:20 PM »

I am also glad to hear you are enjoying it as well. I am also really liking your choice in profile picture. TURTLES!!!

- The Rose -
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2014, 04:05:37 PM »

i found this site from this video here
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2014, 04:23:58 PM »

As did many of our new members. Welcome to the site!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Killdavio
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2014, 11:05:56 PM »

Metal Jesus  leo
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2014, 11:09:55 PM »

Metal Jesus  leo

Welcome aboard!

Sega2099
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2014, 11:36:28 PM »

If I remember correctly I stumbled upon this site through Google somehow back in the day

Squared Circle Gaming
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2014, 08:47:24 PM »

I found out about RF Generation through MetalJesusRocks' video about keeping track of your game collection. I watched the whole thing and of all of the places he mentioned RF Generation seemed like the best option.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2014, 11:38:33 AM »

I believe I found out about RFG on some random eBay seller's profile around April-May 2008. I eventually joined a few months later. Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length